My squirrel cleaning station

This is 226 for the year using Fx impact 22, & some with 25 cal Wildcat 3
20201121_124412.1606270529.jpg
20201021_150314.1606270695.jpg
20201121_125305.1606270548.jpg

Squirrel tacos are delicious, as is Italian squirrel using my brother's secret recipe for the Au Jus. 

I will par boil a bunch of squirrel then simmer it in chicken broth for 30 minutes. Divide it up into 4 oz containers and freeze them. Need a quick and easy meal? Drop the frozen meat into a pot with your Ramen noodles. I eat this a lot while out hunting.

Squirrel meat is delicious & I have several people who really like them that i keep in squirrels. My wife cooks them in electric skillet, flour them then cook on 350F with the lid on turning them over every 2mins for 8 mins they r juicy & taste like thigh meat of chicken add biscuits & gravy & its really hard to beat.

Squirrel tacos are delicious, as is Italian squirrel using my brother's secret recipe for the Au Jus. 

I will par boil a bunch of squirrel then simmer it in chicken broth for 30 minutes. Divide it up into 4 oz containers and freeze them. Need a quick and easy meal? Drop the frozen meat into a pot with your Ramen noodles. I eat this a lot while out hunting.

Saving these recipes.. sounds good. Thx

We always soaked our small game in salted water overnight to draw the blood out. Next day it's pure white meat when cooked. Boil squirrels then pick off the meat and use like chicken. I swear most people won't know the difference. Why would country folks eat it if it isn't any good? We had our choice to eat anything we want.. Just don't try eating a gut shot squirrel! Nasty. Nasty. 

If you want to skin the tail out just use two sticks one on each side of the tail bone and give a quick yank. Like anything you skin it works best when the animal is still warm. Everything skins easier when still warm.