My "springer" time.

It's been a very long time since I picked up one of my springers but today was the day for me to do it. There's no school like "ole school" technology when it comes to air rifles but being hooked on pcps has made it so much easier shooting and enjoying them. I started out/off with my HW97 in 177 and then ending up with my TX200 in 177 as well. There's nothing complicated about springers (once you figure them out) and that's where it's started for most of us that are just "simplyhooked" on airguns. 

When and if all else fails with my pcps, tanks and compressor, I can always turn back to my springers. I'm a lot older than I was 38 years ago but it's so refreshing knowing that I still own some quality springers that can get the job done when the time comes if needed. My RX2 in 22 is still a little beefy but I still have my FWB124D, Beeman R10 in 20 caliber and my FWB300. At 67 years young, I'm very grateful that I'm still able to enjoy some of the finer things in life when it comes to our sport and hobby but I had to start off small and very simple with a springer, the RWS45 in 177 in 1983.

So in closing, the ride has been great and I'm hopeful that I'll still be able to enjoy this sport for many more years to come. My pcps has made me very lazy, they've cost me more than I've ever spent on springers but for what I do, they can still "git ur dun"!

Have been into over thirty years. A few years back I bought a PCP I use it for a while and then it's at the corner like a brick I finally sold it. I was always going back to my Springer's. There's something about the simplicity, the challenges of shooting them correctly and accurately. I will I can see myself going the rest of my life without ever owning a PCP rifle again. Sure they are nice easy to shoot without any of the recoil of a Springer. Many of my friends have them and I shoot them once in awhile but to me I find it boring after a while. Something this easy to shoot takes the challenge have a good Marksmanship that's only my opinion.

cost, yes .. i thought it was crazy spending once upon a time, custom ordering a browning .308 for 800 bucks lol ...yeah, thats a 'midrange' pellet gun price haha ... one could still get one helluva nice powder burner AND a big pile of ammo for it what these pcps are going for these days ... but yeah a decent springer can get things done if i hafta .. glad i dont lol ...

+1Simplyhooked on springers. Nothing like a good quality springer and a tin of pellets. My love for springers right up there with my pcp's.
20200906_081005.1633730842.jpg

Have the same springer complex myself, tried a friends PCP a number of times but just cant get that excited about them. My TX does very well out to 75 yds but try to keep serious shooting to a max of 50 yds. When I need effective shots beyond that I go with my Henry .22 lever action. Now with that said, I do live out in the country where I can shoot whatever I choose!! I do find that I shoot my springers the most, when done just wipe it off and put it away. No cylinders to fill, and no gunpowder to clean off !! And yes the challenge of shooting a springer well is very satifying !! The PCP rifle was fun but cost and boring repetition canceled my interest. If you live in a close community then the airgun is essential, use whatever you enjoy shooting!!

Have been into over thirty years. A few years back I bought a PCP I use it for a while and then it's at the corner like a brick I finally sold it. I was always going back to my Springer's. There's something about the simplicity, the challenges of shooting them correctly and accurately. I will I can see myself going the rest of my life without ever owning a PCP rifle again. Sure they are nice easy to shoot without any of the recoil of a Springer. Many of my friends have them and I shoot them once in awhile but to me I find it boring after a while. Something this easy to shoot takes the challenge have a good Marksmanship that's only my opinion.

I do enjoy shooting my pcps but there is something very unique about shooting a springer, especially when you've only one shot. I've taken many greys for years with R1s and my Beeman R10 but the R10 has a very special place in my heart.

cost, yes .. i thought it was crazy spending once upon a time, custom ordering a browning .308 for 800 bucks lol ...yeah, thats a 'midrange' pellet gun price haha ... one could still get one helluva nice powder burner AND a big pile of ammo for it what these pcps are going for these days ... but yeah a decent springer can get things done if i hafta .. glad i dont lol ...

People have called me crazy for spending that kind of money on "BB-guns" for years but for me it's always been about "trigger-time" and not having to drive to a gun range.

I do enjoy shooting my pcps but there is something very unique about shooting a springer, especially when you've only one shot. I've taken many greys for years with R1s and my Beeman R10 but the R10 has a very special place in my heart.

That why I'm also drawn to blackpowder guns also. I like the idea of one shot. Especially when hunting either with a airgun or BP. And my love of vintage airguns is expensive enough without adding PCP to the mix.

People have called me crazy for spending that kind of money on "BB-guns" for years but for me it's always been about "trigger-time" and not having to drive to a gun range.

This 

+2

"started"? I started on PCPs and UPGRADED to break-barrels. :)

Seriously tho', I only have 25Y at home and that's 99% of what/where I shoot. And about anything does okay at that distance. So I don't bother with the heavy expense and inconvenience of PCP. I could live another 50 years and likely never own one again.

f