• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

My small slice of heaven in the city (Looking forward to winter!)

So, I've finished my backyard range and hangout area, and wanted to share a few pics of the first 'range day' and some of the before/during/after stuff because I'm just so darn happy and proud of it - it's not perfect, by any means, but certainly does the job, and having added a FAN out there at the bench today, I have yet another reason it's vastly better than the other options!

Having been in Miami for over a decade, I've greatly missed the ablity to just get outside and shoot in a decent environment, without an hour+ drive, or the untrained and frankly, often sketchy, folks shooting their 6" barreled AK in the next lane, while chatting about how many dudes they can drop with this baby in a driveby... For sure just kills the mood and enjoyment.

When I moved in to my current place, there was a BBQ grill already set up, and while a bit old, it worked well, and even the mini-fridge was worth keeping stocked up for buddies. :) With hurricane Ian destroying more than half of our mango tree, and with the grill in need of replacment, it was time for a major update, and since I'd set up a decent backstop at 20 yards earlier this year, it just made sense to really set it up to be ready to take maximum advantage of the next few good months of weather that is headed our way as fall gets into full swing. I added a ton of privacy fencing, so as to not have to worry about the neighbors seeing my scary looking airguns sitting out, and rebuilt the rotted out grill into a simple table/bar. Cheap, and easy, but really nice. Dropped a 10x20 tent over that, and a 10x10 over my shooting bench, and I'm pretty much in heaven now.

I can shoot in total comfort, in my own back yard, while listening to the birds chatter at a 20 yard distance with a backstop that, frankly, is such wild overkill that it's unquestionably sufficient for the task at hand. :). Life is good!

back yard range.jpg
Backyard Backstop Panels Layers.jpegBackyard Backstop Panels Construction.jpegBackyard Backstop Panels.jpegBackyard Backstop.jpgBackyard Before 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice. I like the backstop, and it looks pretty private. Now all you have to worry about is the noise of the pellet hitting the backstop.
The mats help a lot, and the sand filled tires make even that AEA Max reasonable, assuming I'm not shooting at anything other than paper or an asprin tablet.

Thank goodness the neighbors that are outside often know what I'm up to and are cool with it, because no level of prep can do much about the .30 Polymag slamming into a water filled can... They're just gonna make a boom every time. :). Still, best to do what I can to make sure its at least just ONE boom per shot, rather than two. LOL

So, I've finished my backyard range and hangout area, and wanted to share a few pics of the first 'range day' and some of the before/during/after stuff because I'm just so darn happy and proud of it - it's not perfect, by any means, but certainly does the job, and having added a FAN out there at the bench today, I have yet another reason it's vastly better than the other options!

Having been in Miami for over a decade, I've greatly missed the ablity to just get outside and shoot in a decent environment, without an hour+ drive, or the untrained and frankly, often sketchy, folks shooting their 6" barreled AK in the next lane, while chatting about how many dudes they can drop with this baby in a driveby... For sure just kills the mood and enjoyment.

When I moved in to my current place, there was a BBQ grill already set up, and while a bit old, it worked well, and even the mini-fridge was worth keeping stocked up for buddies. :) With hurricane Ian destroying more than half of our mango tree, and with the grill in need of replacment, it was time for a major update, and since I'd set up a decent backstop at 20 yards earlier this year, it just made sense to really set it up to be ready to take maximum advantage of the next few good months of weather that is headed our way as fall gets into full swing. I added a ton of privacy fencing, so as to not have to worry about the neighbors seeing my scary looking airguns sitting out, and rebuilt the rotted out grill into a simple table/bar. Cheap, and easy, but really nice. Dropped a 10x20 tent over that, and a 10x10 over my shooting bench, and I'm pretty much in heaven now.

I can shoot in total comfort, in my own back yard, while listening to the birds chatter at a 20 yard distance with a backstop that, frankly, is such wild overkill that it's unquestionably sufficient for the task at hand. :). Life is good!

View attachment 302613View attachment 302614View attachment 302615View attachment 302616View attachment 302617View attachment 302618
You are killing me; I have neighbors 9 ft away on each side. Plus nosey HOA neighbors. Nice set up!!

Trade you my 4 inches of snow for your back yard.....
Deal, I'll be there around June, and you can come enjoy paradise. ;-)

(Don't do it! Summer here is terrible, LoL)
very nice job , possible a bit of overkill ( just like i would do )
Overkill is exactly the goal. :)