My sexy little bullpup rabbit slayer.

I took my sexy little bullpup “Elly” out for a walk tonight.
Went to a permission I haven’t been to in about a month. Well, it’s actually two permissions next to each other.
The property’s belong to an Uncle and his nephew. Combined they are about 15 acres of paddocks, gates and fences 😂.
It was actually a nice night, had two short spells of light drizzel, then the stars came out!
I find with these flat horse property’s it is more productive to walk around slowly and quietly in the dark looking for rabbits through the thermal scope, there is just too much area to cover to sit quietly and wait for them.
These two property’s share a common boundary with a third property, and as Murphy would have it, all the rabbits seem to be on the other side of the fence, the side I don’t have permission to shoot 😡.
As soon as they know I’m around they dash off under the fence, run another 5m then turn around, sit down and just stare back at me through the fence! It’s like they know they are safe on that side 😡.
All up I managed to get 12 tonight.
This little AirArms S510 in a bullpup stock is such a sweet little rifle. At 12fpe it is so quiet aswell. The hammer spring makes more noise then the muzzel.
I can’t fathom why it’s previous owner would have ever wanted to sell it… 🤔😂

It seems crazy that this little .177 shoots an 8.44gr pellet, when compared to the 30gr .22 slug the dream line is shooting. That is almost a quarter of the weight of the slug.
A quarter of the weight!!!
And at 30 and 40m, those bunnies just keel over, every bit as dead as when they’r hit by a 30grain slug 😉

Any time spent out side under the stars, quietly walking around with a sexy little thing, is time well spent in my opinion 😉
Pete.

IMG_6739.jpeg

IMG_6672.jpeg

Well the weather has been totally miserable for the last few months. But I managed to get out for a walk last night inbetween rain showers.
I went to one of my old permissions where the rabbits seem to be under control 🤔.
Only saw two rabbits the whole night, one met a pellet at 40m, and the other hopped under a shed when its mate fell over.
IMG_7210.jpeg

Those little .177 pellets kill just as dead as any of the bigger calibers. And my little Elly is such a sweet little shooter 🤔