My second air gun ever has arrived. The .30 AEA semi-auto Terminator (aka Barbara Ann) with front tank upgrade. My God.

No scope yet, so I put on my micro green dot and took this beast into the jungle out back for some close range blasting. She's got some junk in the trunk, for sure. I felt like Rambo humpin' the M-60. She might be considered too heavy by lesser men. All of that was forgotten, however, in the rain of semi-auto hellfire that ensued. A 3-D boar target went down first with a triple-tap, then I swung her around for the deer several yards further out to my left. One went high, but then three to center mass... then two more cuz I was pissed about missing. Then I took a bead on my favorite target: the small aluminum frying pan nailed to a tree about 45 yards away. I took my time with the aim and let the last two fly. PING!! PING!! Maximum Fun achieved. Getting about 40 shots in the green zone with that big tank. A fair trade for the weight, in my opinion.

image_67234561.JPG
This thing is a cannon and sent those 44.75 Diablos downrange at frightening speed. Vegetation was ripping and shredding, earth getting kicked up... a noticeable difference in the energies involved compared to my .25 AEA SS+ (aka Mary Sue).

image_67233537.JPG
I quit messing around with the air supply situation and got this. It has exceeded expectations. Quiet, reliable, and fast. Less than five minutes to recharge Mary Sue, and about seven to recharge Barbara Ann.

image_6483441 (5).JPG
This will be here next week. UTG AccuShot 3-12x44 SWAT Compact. Then I'll try some 75 and maybe 100 yard targets if I can find the room for a clear shot out here. It really is like jungle growth.

"You got me rockin' and a rollin', rockin' and a reelin' Barbara Ann..." Yeah, those seven six two Diablos at a thousand feet per second will send something reelin', alright.

Last edited:
What compressor is that? Looks vevor, or at least the buttons are the same.

Nope. I tried that brand and it began failing part-by-part literally on day one. Really frustrating that my brand new compressor was in shambles while Mary Sue sat on the shelf utterly useless the entire holiday weekend when the weather was gorgeous here.

image_67160065.JPG
A pox on Vevor, its employees, and their households.

image_67173377.JPG
Working perfectly so far.

Reactions: MrP
Sounds Awesome! I probably shouldn’t even ask,……but what kind of noise does it generate?

It sounds like a 22LR shooting subsonics without a moderator. As in, pretty loud for an air gun. Moderated, it sounds like some kind of air tool. The semi auto action makes some clanky noise as well. It's a rather dramatic shooting experience IMO. I never really got around to fully enjoying it for what it was & sold mine to buy a Challenger Pro 30 instead (which suits me much better).

I was also going to recommend the 47.2 grain NSA .303 ... best results with my T30 when I still owned one as well. If you want to shoot pellets with it, I'd suggest turning down the power wheel a touch.

You cannot use much heavier slugs because the magazines will fail to cycle reliably. The 61.5 grains *would* be the best ammo for this gun but you'll have cycling issues.

OP, if you decide to get a moderator for your T30, try to get a Donny "FX" model. They are the exact diameter as the barrel shroud and look perfect, as well as doing the job of course.

Last edited:
It sounds like a 22LR shooting subsonics without a moderator. As in, pretty loud for an air gun. Moderated, it sounds like some kind of air tool. The semi auto action makes some clanky noise as well. It's a rather dramatic shooting experience IMO. I never really got around to fully enjoying it for what it was & sold mine to buy a Challenger Pro 30 instead (which suits me much better).

I was also going to recommend the 47.2 grain NSA .303 ... best results with my T30 when I still owned one as well. If you want to shoot pellets with it, I'd suggest turning down the power wheel a touch.

You cannot use much heavier slugs because the magazines will fail to cycle reliably. The 61.5 grains *would* be the best ammo for this gun but you'll have cycling issues.

OP, if you decide to get a moderator for your T30, try to get a Donny "FX" model. They are the exact diameter as the barrel shroud and look perfect, as well as doing the job of course.

Hmm? So if I bought one and a big ‘ol moderator, plus ran my air compressor every few minutes, I might be able to pull off shooting in my back yard without bringing suspicion? 😁

Hmm? So if I bought one and a big ‘ol moderator, plus ran my air compressor every few minutes, I might be able to pull off shooting in my back yard without bringing suspicion? 😁

I have a "Ronin" on my Challenger Pro 30.... which is shooting at a higher power v. the Terminator 30 that I had an "FX" on. The Terminator was quieter out of the muzzle (even with a smaller moderator) but overall it was noisier due to the other mechanics involved.

My 30 cal Guantlet is wearing an "FX" mod and quieter than both even shooting over 115 fpe. For whatever reason it has less of an audible pop to it. Without a moderator it also sounds like a 22LR though.

Depends on your neighbors. Mine are very cool.

Reactions: FALSECRACK89