• The Airgun Nation App is ready for iOS users! It should be available for Android users any minute! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

My scope is made Where ? UPDATE !

38ff8a3b0159351673cda1ab03529db8.jpg

Jim for me this is one of the More obvious examples of MANY scopes all being branded but coming from the same factories . Ive had 5 different scopes that all used this odd offset side focus turret assembly .
And all of different quality, I can't help.but think they came from same shop over there . 

I consider Joe a friend that has helped me on many occasions, but I'm glad he took Thurmond and Jimmy's' advice and toned down the videos.
Your videos are very informative ( especially on the FWB 300s ) and I have bookmarked many of them.

True friends will tell you like it is and not just want you want to hear . I think both Thurmond and Jimmy are your friends and did just that.

I think you'll find a larger audience now that you've toned them down. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck Joe, keep up the good work.

I'm definitely not surprised at all about all these scopes being made in the same shop or two. I can only assume the rifles are in the same situation. Like Winchester, Crosman and Daisy to name a couple. but I like the knobs on my Centerpoint 3-9x40AO Mildot that came with my Benji Trail NP XL725. And bot the Hammers scopes I bought from amazon seller " Treadpro". Very good, quick seller to deal with.
772520ac85bb17db561f748458e15e8b.jpg

Hi Joe,

Good Video...not trying to sound arrogant - here in the UK we've been aware of this for a long long time...specifically as quality optics / glass is required for Field Target use...in low light conditions in 10 y to 50 yards use as the scope is continuously parallaxed in 2nd FP, with ideally no POI due to temp. fluctuations throughout year..and the Zoom mag is correspondingly applied on a continuous basis - which then starts to reveal Pros & Cons ...and flaws of any scope brand/model...

Its common knowledge that in UK - Nikko Stirling DIAMOND 10-50X60 - Japanese lens glass is sent to China to factory is assembled ; then exported out of China...same thing with Sightron SIII 10-50X60.

Key thing is to check underside of Scope with "Made in Japan" (technically its not , but legally am guessing they are correct as 90% of components are indeed Made in Japan. Otherwise World Trade Organization would haul Japanese companies to account if this were not true..)

Bottom line people ? when fast approaching rising sticker price to $900/ $1K - ask the reseller/agent/company - origin of glass...if "Made in Japan". I did so with Athlon who kindly confirmed top end scope has Japan glass...

Below, are the 2nd FP, illuminated reticle models 10-50X60 - Sightron & Nikko Stirling with Japan Glass - but assembled in China...

0917d2afdb8072138e63eff0b6353964.jpg

0c7fed6cca5056cd895ffb197b85f5a7.jpg

57a2059822fb482183e93c01432f3192.jpg

I suggest as a follow on to the video, maybe you can do one on "Schott Glassweks" optics factory and who they supply to which brands ? (exception would be Deon March - Japan optics glass)

Thanks!