• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

My RTI Prophet Was delivered yesterday!

This morning I got out the chronograph to see how consistent the shot string is and also to see just how many shots I could expect from it.
I filled it to 300 bar. The regulator is set at 98 as best as I can tell by the tiny gauge. Hammer spring is turned in .055 from the end of the butt plate.
This is how it came set from Talon Tunes. And this is the printout from his Chrono. I am leaving it alone for now. Still learning the gun, so no need to muck it up for now.
TT Chrono.jpg
Now it is my turn with the chronograph
I am using a Caldwell and their iOS app.
I loaded up all three of my magazines and a tin of JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13 pellets

I set up my 50 yard target, and got started. The velocities were pretty consistent with what Tony's printout showed, with the first shot being a little hotter at 958 and then settling in averaging in the 930s. So if I figured this correctly, I was getting roughly 35 fpe. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I did see that any time I would have to stop and reload a magazine the next shot would be 950s with the highest being 958, so I guess the regulator does creep up a bit. I don't see this as a big thing to worry about though.
shot string.jpg

I stopped at 100 shots.
At that point my main pressure had dropped to 145 so I still had quit a bit of room before dropping below the regulator pressure.

So far, I am very pleased with this gun!

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon and Jasonmc