My Review .25 Airforce Condor (2016 model)

Bullfrog,

Looks like your Condor is still flexing a bit. The gun comes new with what they call a tri-rail that mounts on the top dovetail where your scope is mounted. Many guys take that tri-rail off and mount the scope directly to the top dovetail with high rings. I think that is a mistake because that tri-rail helps to stiffen the frame of the gun in its weakest area, right above the breech. Put that tri-rail back on and get a lower set of scope rings in order to keep the proper scope height above the barrel. 

Also, they make a product called a "Wok-Guard" that helps to stiffen the frame right below the breech. Between the two, the tri-rail and the Wok-Guard, the breech area is significantly stiffened.

Even with the top tri-rail and the lower Wok-Guard, you can confirm with your laser as you have already done, that there is still flex in the frame between the pistol grip and the rearmost barrel bushing. All this flexing is due to the lightweight aluminum frame. The solution is simply to be careful not to flex the frame when you are shooting. Your demonstration of torquing the gun so much that you twisted the bi-pod off the dovetail is a perfect example of what not to do. I had to learn the hard way just as does everybody else who shoots a Condor. Don't pre-load that flexible frame with any torque or twist or bending loads...up, down, left, or right; and don't put any back pressure on the pistol grip when you shoot it. If you pull that gun back into your shoulder like your about to shoot a Weatherby 460, you're not going to hit your target. Take all the precautions and it's a winner. Get sloppy and your groups open up big time. 

You are correct. It is a hunting gun. Wanna shoot contest? Buy a contest gun.

All that being said, aside from being a single shot, I like my Condor. But I had to learn how to shoot it. I'm shooting 37 grain Rat Sniper Hollow Points at 1050-1095 FPS and taking whitetail deer out to 85 yards with lung shots. I have the Talon Tunes top-hat wide open (no restrictor) and a carbon fiber bottle filled to 250 bar. I also have Talon Tunes one piece heavy hammer and hammer spring. Power wheel is set on the lowest setting. I'd never enter this gun in a contest. But nothing walks away that I hit with it either.

Nuff said.

BeemanR7

• Love
Reactions: Conner holifield
I bought my gun used so it did not come with a tri-rail. However, my brother’s factory new gun didn’t come with a tri-rail either. 

I’m happy enough with my gun now. At 50 yards my gun is usually accurate enough for hunting purposes. My bullet group wasn’t representative of how tight the gun can group them, but even so the groups on a bad day are tight enough for lung shooting animals. 

@BeemanR7...I bought a Condor maybe 2 months ago and it didn't come with a tri-rail. Were you suggesting he buy one? Becsuse I tore the box mine can in apart!

My set up is exactly like your's with exceptions to the hammer and spring...I also added a Maddog stock.

Depends on what you expect from your Condor. The tri-rail stiffens the gun and eliminates some of the flex. It also raises the scope higher and may require that you buy a lower set of scope rings. It adds weight to the gun. It's rather expensive too. I've seen it go for $40. Mine came with one and I took it off not seeing its purpose. When I put it back on, it shaved a 1/2" off my groups at 50 yards. That's significant. I'd like to try the Wok-Guard too but I can't find one used. 

All that being said, my Condor serves its purpose well. I keep my shots to within 85 yards and nothing walks away. I recently purchased a "safe queen" FX Boss to replace it that is much more accurate. But the Boss is like a fart in a skillet compared to the Condor. 79 FPE vs 100 FPE. Sure do like the Boss with its accuracy and 9 shot magazine for backup shots (that's why I bought it). But heck, with the Condor I don't need a backup shot if I do my due diligence. One round....one kill. Who needs an FX Boss!

@BeemanR7...Sheesh! So much in common. I just sold my .30 cal Bobcat for those same reasons. So confident in my current set-up with NSA boattail slugs that i dont worry at all about follow up shots. Really appreciate Swedish finesse, but ain't nothing like American muscle! Carbon bottle and wide open TalonTunes tophat kinda feels like my Savage 17HMR.