• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Redwolf Project

Love the post and replies,"Wherever There is a Will ,There is a Way"..I was reading how many guys will thread a barrel and the receiver for a tight fit,then shoot the rifle and find the best accuracy by the toque,mark the barrel and receiver ....I am Not that type of guy,what blows me away is how accurate a vblock or tension screw barrel can be....then of course we are talking air rifles and .22 rimfires....

Yes many hunters do make sure their guns are still zeroed before going out,many say that is to make sure the scope is still zeroed.

I also have some flimsy barreled guns,the barrel moves,yet still is centered,my point of aim does not change, amazes me.

The "floated" barrel was because of the change in temperature would effect the wood more than the metal=connect area would change.

=point of aim changed.....Gasalt in everything brings new light..All above was reasons given 50 years ago...to me.

The 17" barrels use a 12mm shank the 23.5" barrels use a 14mm shank to support the extra weight as you say, I have however fitted a 23.5" to a 12mm breech block by turingin down the shank it supports the weight no problem.

The one thing that blows this whole argument out of the water is simple, the factory shroud uses a bushing that butts up against the front face of the breech block, IF that is fitted correctly the contact face area would basically stop the barrel from shifting even if it was very loose!

Looking good Sir! Daystate has had barrel issues for years now. I assumed that with all the testing and fan fair that the new barrels are being promoted with, that they would have taken better care in fitting. Sadly, same o'l same old.

Knife

Sorry but that's hogwash! I have never heard of issues with LOTHAR WALTHER barrels fitted to DAYSTATE's except for one, and that was a bad blank!

Sorry to hurt your feelings Sir, but if you go back to threads from forums from the past, long before AGN, there were a lot of issues with the barrel port not deburred from the factory. Well the assembly shop. They don't manufacture anything. Only design and assemble the units from parts from vendors. Today, we are seeing issues with the mags' Yes, even the new and improved mags. Been going of for a very long time. Odd you don't know of the issues. 

I have experience both first hand. I am a huge fan, but that does not keep me from telling the truth. Steve did a factory tour last year. Watch it for yourself. 😉

Uhh, wouldn't this thread be your second experience of such things? Perhaps you will gain more experience as time goes along. Most of us do. 

knife

Looking good Sir! Daystate has had barrel issues for years now. I assumed that with all the testing and fan fair that the new barrels are being promoted with, that they would have taken better care in fitting. Sadly, same o'l same old.

Knife

Sorry but that's hogwash! I have never heard of issues with LOTHAR WALTHER barrels fitted to DAYSTATE's except for one, and that was a bad blank!

Sorry to hurt your feelings Sir, but if you go back to threads from forums from the past, long before AGN, there were a lot of issues with the barrel port not deburred from the factory. Well the assembly shop. They don't manufacture anything. Only design and assemble the units from parts from vendors. Today, we are seeing issues with the mags' Yes, even the new and improved mags. Been going of for a very long time. Odd you don't know of the issues. 

I have experience both first hand. I am a huge fan, but that does not keep me from telling the truth. Steve did a factory tour last year. Watch it for yourself. 😉

Uhh, wouldn't this thread be your second experience of such things? Perhaps you will gain more experience as time goes along. Most of us do. 

knife

Lol You would have to go some to find someone with more experience or knowledge about the redwolf than spray1mark

Well, I enjoy rubbing shoulders so to speak, on this forum, with people more knowledgeable than me, even though I have been airgunning since I was a little schoolboy, some 47 years ago, had a spinger that I put upwards of 250k pellets through, then competed in 10m with an Anschutz 2001, swopped that for an AA410, my first pcp in the nineties.

But it wasn't until fairly recently, a year or 2 ago that I had a bad fall on my bike and gave that up for airguns, that I really started being serious about modern high end airrifles.

I always do tons of reserch before spending any hard earned dosh, so I came across the ultimate from Daystate, the Redwolf, and had to have one. I ordered one, a HP in .22 but it took so long to arrive, (I live in South Africa) I bought a secondhand one in as new condition instead. Since then I built a 75meter range on my farm, added a FX Crown, Uragan, and a Theoben Rapid to the stable. I have been a knifemaker for over 40 years now, (www.rietveldknives.com), know my way around tools, so modifications to make my guns better almost came naturally. I am totally hooked and shoot almost daily after work, Benchrest is what I enjoy, I suppose the precision is what grabs my attention.

So I bow to all the clever people on here, some that have had 12 Redwolfs (Wow) and clearly has been on this path much longer than me. That is what makes Forums great. So much to be gleaned from others. (even if they don't agree with one another!) 

With your 40 years of experience under your belt, I imagine you would recognize my and my mentors work. We need to connect on P.M. 

I keep it to myself. Toom many complications. I will pm you later with who I am and my mentor as well. With your experience, I guarantee, you know his work and rep. 

I know quite a few African makers as well. We may very well already know each other. 

Knifemaker.