• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My RAW HM1000x's Have Taken a Lot of Work!

Finally completely Satisfied with my RAW airgun performances (y) ;).

I've been somewhat randomly playing with my .22 cal (green) RAW HM1000x LRT and its successors since October 20th 2020!

All three guns have rebuilt, peek regulators, larger plenums, new moderators, heavier duty loc-tited CFT, barrel sleeves, new crowns, polished/waxed barrels, SSG's, peek valve poppets adjustable barrel weights and are tuned using to Bob Stern's methods. I even weight my pellets to .10 gram differences ...........

Sticking to velocities of only 895/910 and JSB PELLETS have been my latest concession as I had drifted to being more power/slug obsessed.

*** ----> I also have to say all the credit goes to Motorhead, Bob Stern and Mubhaur who have given me great ideas to copy (y)

Now the weak link is Definitely only ME o_O.

Fortunately, I've finally gotten to the point (w/very, very low wind speed), where I can shoot MOA groups at 50 & 100 yards on a regular basis.

YEAH :giggle:

Last edited:
Hey Jason ... you too .... should have been mentioned as someone I've always listen to.

You gave me the idea of using loc-tite to secure my extra thick CFT on the barrels:)

It was one of the last steps that made a difference ->

I've used your ideas going all the way back to my QB78/QB79 days circa 2015:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: nervoustrig
Brothers, Sister and Friends:

RAW 1 - Green.jpg

RAW 2 - Red.jpg

RAW 3 - Blue.jpg

RAW Brother and Sisters plus Friends.jpg

Last edited:
Lastly, after reading this thread again .... I wanted to let most potential RAW owners know - You don't really need to do the things I did to get MOA accuracy with these guns. I just started playing with everything and ended up using all the best Mods/Tips from various knowledgeable air-gunners.

Martin's excellent OEM tune went out the window because I had to tinker with the guns. Matter of fact, I bought these guns in the first place because of their high quality engineering and simplicity. For the mechanically curious, this gun is the Tinkerers Dream Gun.

new guy here with a stable of RAW air rifles. I'm interested in all of these mods but I am lost in all the abbreviations like SSG I see a lot. Is there a page with all of these or do I have to just get smarter?
RAW = Rapid Air Weapons
RAW = Rapid Air Works
SSG = Spring Stop Guide
CFT = Carbon Fiber Tube
HPA = High Pressure Air
RVA = Rear Velocity Adjuster
HSA = Hammer Spring Adjuster
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly :cool:
FWIW = For What It's Worth :p

SSG - Junkie.JPG

Reactions: bucketboy
new guy here with a stable of RAW air rifles. I'm interested in all of these mods but I am lost in all the abbreviations like SSG I see a lot. Is there a page with all of these or do I have to just get smarter?
As has already been said, the RAW is a very capable and accurate out of the box but there are some subtle improvements that can make it even better. Some things like polishing the hammer spring for reduced fiction can be done with a drill and emery paper, unfortunately others do require an engineering lathe. I bought one when i started my journey into pcp’s, I have to say it was the best investment I made. I now am on my third lathe, each time getting bigger. I would like to go bigger still (you can turn small parts on a big lather but you can’t do big parts on a small lathe) but I am at the limit for space.

4A85EBB0-A4D1-49DA-B71E-083F0EADBFD5.jpeg

Reactions: mubhaur
As has already been said, the RAW is a very capable and accurate out of the box but there are some subtle improvements that can make it even better. Some things like polishing the hammer spring for reduced fiction can be done with a drill and emery paper, unfortunately others do require an engineering lathe. I bought one when i started my journey into pcp’s, I have to say it was the best investment I made. I now am on my third lathe, each time getting bigger. I would like to go bigger still (you can turn small parts on a big lather but you can’t do big parts on a small lathe) but I am at the limit for space.

View attachment 439880
I’m so envious of that lathe!, even if I had that it would take me a yr. To run it!