• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman My R7

Aloha gang!
So when I moved to Miami in 2007, I found an airgun shop on 8th St. called Sunshine Airguns. I got to be good friends with the owner. Met a famous airgun writer (been reading his stuff since the late 70s) and he brought some very interesting toys. So I picked up a used R7 and then I got a Macarri kit for it. My friend had a guy to put it in and it sat in his shop for 2 months. So I researched the process and decided to do it my self. Came out great and got me hooked! So over the next couple years I got a new stock and some brass bling for this ultimate rat gun! In 2017 I was staying with my cousin in Vegas. He had a rat problem...an understatement for sure! Best night I got 15. There was a abandoned house down the block and the rats used the cement walls that separated the houses as a highway. Just baited them with fruit and peanut butter..what ever we had. Couldn't shoot them on the top of the wall as they might fall in the neighbor's yard and ... problems. As soon as the rat poked his head down looking at the bait...headshot and done. Quiet and super accurate.
Here is how it looked when I got it.
R7 before.jpg

The custom stock.....I found a guy and he made the most beautiful stock! Adjustable butt pad also! I had him bring in the pistol grip as the HW's have a long stretch to the trigger. Rosewood grip cap. This was his first try at stippling!
R7 Custom stock L side.JPG

Aloha gang!
So when I moved to Miami in 2007, I found an airgun shop on 8th St. called Sunshine Airguns. I got to be good friends with the owner. Met a famous airgun writer (been reading his stuff since the late 70s) and he brought some very interesting toys. So I picked up a used R7 and then I got a Macarri kit for it. My friend had a guy to put it in and it sat in his shop for 2 months. So I researched the process and decided to do it my self. Came out great and got me hooked! So over the next couple years I got a new stock and some brass bling for this ultimate rat gun! In 2017 I was staying with my cousin in Vegas. He had a rat problem...an understatement for sure! Best night I got 15. There was a abandoned house down the block and the rats used the cement walls that separated the houses as a highway. Just baited them with fruit and peanut butter..what ever we had. Couldn't shoot them on the top of the wall as they might fall in the neighbor's yard and ... problems. As soon as the rat poked his head down looking at the bait...headshot and done. Quiet and super accurate.
Here is how it looked when I got it.
View attachment 409727
The custom stock.....I found a guy and he made the most beautiful stock! Adjustable butt pad also! I had him bring in the pistol grip as the HW's have a long stretch to the trigger. Rosewood grip cap. This was his first try at stippling!
View attachment 409728
Nice looking stock. I’m new to the forum as well,
so welcome.

The R7/HW30 platform has been around for 5 decades for a reason. They are simply great rifles!!! Perfect for a day of plinking or for light duty pest elimination.
It can be shot by almost all sizes of people from young to old. It doesn't require any special hold or pellet. Plus it comes in many calibers and varieties.
Personally I've probably owned over 20 and customized many. Each one was special in its own way.
I'm happy to see you have gone and done some personalizing to your R7. Looks awesome!!!
Here's a couple of my old works.

Both are HW30ST models. One is in a JM Custom stock with Ebony grip cap. The other is an HW30 JE. 1 of 20 made to commemorate Jock Elliot.

20160629_223335.jpg

20160517_124458.jpg

The R7/HW30 platform has been around for 5 decades for a reason. They are simply great rifles!!! Perfect for a day of plinking or for light duty pest elimination.
It can be shot by almost all sizes of people from young to old. It doesn't require any special hold or pellet. Plus it comes in many calibers and varieties.
Personally I've probably owned over 20 and customized many. Each one was special in its own way.
I'm happy to see you have gone and done some personalizing to your R7. Looks awesome!!!
Here's a couple of my old works.

Both are HW30ST models. One is in a JM Custom stock with Ebony grip cap. The other is an HW30 JE. 1 of 20 made to commemorate Jock Elliot.

View attachment 410099

View attachment 410100
HW 30 S & R7 can’t better than these Fine German Rifles ! Near Match Accuracy without all the weight!In either caliber! Just the Best!

Reactions: Greenarrow