• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My purchase

A month or so ago, i sought help on deciding on an additional 25. My impact was in shop for warranty, we all hashed out option and i was requested to follow up.

On a recent trip to Colo. I went to see matt @ RL airgun. Got enthralled with cricket.

After returning home from trip Annie blew a reg seal,( did i mention 5 weeks in wattanty repair).

I pulled the string and ordered 25 cricket. Had it about 2 weeks. Still dont know her well enough to name.

This is a different breed. She likes a tight shoulder to lean on. Virtually a silent shot but lots of mechanical , the tight shoulder settles the harmonics.

1/4" @25 1/2" s50 & 75. 1 - 1 1/2" from 100 to 135. YES there are some flyers . Some is me and cant, some is pellets JSB 33.95 @ 865 +-.

25g shoot 970 and are good to 75. @ longer range they wander or spiral. If spiralling, the spiral is consistant.

Now back to gun. Shoulder tight even on bench. 2 handed loading. 40 shots on reg @ 275 bar fill. Really haven`t shot full string to have "for sure" #s.

Behind the ear cocking. She`s a different breed actually shoulders better than my wildcat (Thor) 22. Annie ( 25 call impact) doesnt shoulder well at all.

I do have to clean barrel. I was told that wouldn't be necessary. 25 jsb are the worst. I'm not going to lube any more of them.

I will sort some 34`s by head and weight, shoot a complete string and shoot 75/ 100/ 125 shot and post them . TIME!!,

Of course this is me in at 2 weeks or so. Youre results may vary.

There is a learning curve that I am in the middle of. My impact is over a year and im still learning her. I think SHE (for lack of a name) is going to be a very accurate 150 yd gun

Keyman - Congrats on the Cricket, buy any idea why Annie keeps blowing seals? I just rebuilt my own Impact regulator (FX Was great, complete rebuild kit was $44). Also ordered extra O-rings from the O-Ring store or some such place. My O-Rings blew because I was stupid, (Accidentally fired while changing barrels, bye bye O-Ring) but I suspect that isn't the case for Annie. Any thoughts as to why? Anything I should watch out for?

If you want to tackle the regulator rebuild yourself, it's not complicated, but does take an amature like me a couple hours because one O-Ring is so deep inside the body of the gun requires finesse to get it into place, but the rest are pretty straight forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOlG19kTf6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD5UlmL7E_I

Best way to get the regulator post out of the gun is in the AoA video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OpwyIjZlAg

I've been down for two months trying to get time to complete the repair, finally got out shooting yesterday, it's good to be up and running again.

You will most likely need to drop the speed of the 25 gr. bellow 900 fps to get the accuracy at the longer distances. You Might try the 33 gr. slightly slower as well. I know you said they are 865 fps but every rifle I have tried the heavies in shot best around 825 fps. I also know people are constantly saying they get excellent accuracy with JSB pellets from 900 - 950 fps but I have never had that experience with any of my rifles. My wolverine Hi Lite 25 came shooting 925 fps from AOA and I was getting flyers. I was a little bummed because I expected more from the rifle. I decided to adjust the speed and when I got the Kings back down to 870 fps it shot like a lazer and no more flyers. That same rifle gave flyers with the mk2 heavies below 815 fps. The Hi Lite cant push the heavies to 900 fps but with it maxed out I started getting flyers again with the heavies. So its 870 fps for the 25 gr. kings and 825 fps with the heavies and thats where I get the tightest groups and the most consistency between groups or the shot string for accuracy. Every ones rifle will be different but it doesnt hurt to experiment with speeds and see if you can make it better.

Reactions: chohan
1540175750_1813837075bcd37861a4b90.05356932_image.jpeg
Mine is not hold sensitive at all. It shoots 25.4's ok but the 33.4's are very accurate at 910 fps. As to having to clean the barrel, all of them are different, but I'm sure you'll notice it will get better after a couple thousand rounds. 

One design flaw of the Cricket in my opinion is that the hammer spring is under considerable preload while uncocked. It will lose some of it's punch if you leave it in for long periods of time. I always take mine out if I'm not going to be shooting for a while. This is probably the reason your gun has slowed down.

The shot in the upper left was the 9th shot. 8 out of 12 in one hole. These were straight out of the tin.

Keyman and LDP, my results do vary.

My Charlie Freer-tuned .25 Cricket bullpup consistently averages 1.20" to 1.35" hundred-yard five-shot groups with 33.95 JSBs at 915 FPS/63 foot-pounds, and returns 50+ shots per 250 BAR charge. I've been told by individuals whose opinion I trust (including Charlie) it might not be a good idea to make a habit of charging above 250 BAR, and getting 50+ shots at that pressure I see no need to go higher. 

I did some very careful accuracy comparisons with weight-sorted 33.95s versus random weights, versus extreme weight-variance pellets (that group including only 33.8 and 34.7 grain pellets). Waited till I had perfect conditions and summoned all my skills for that testing, because being a lazy man didn't want to waste all that sorting effort. To my disappointment, dismay and disbelief, the weight consistent pellets shot the worst and the wildly weight-inconsistent pellets shot the best! That was shooting multiple five-shot groups and calculating c-t-c averages, so I repeated the testing using ten-shot groups. Same results! That convinced me what I'd heard about weight consistency not being terribly important is true, at least for that gun. That said, I have little doubt head-size consistency is more important than weight consistency. 

FWIW, my .22 Sumatra rifle shoots as well to 100 yards as my .25 Cricket, but with 18.1 grain JSBs at 988 FPS/39.3 foot-pounds. Point is, I'd never have guessed that possible; but sometimes there are unconventional exceptions to conventional wisdoms.

AirNGasman yes I agree that no two airrifles are the same even within the same brand and results vary considerably for the best velocity. I know people have good groups with the faster speeds because I have seen their results in forums. I just know from my experience with my Daystate wolverine Hi Lite .25, BSA R10 MK2, AA S510 that anything over 880 fps isnt the most consistent for accuracy in my rifles. I was surprised when I got my Wolverine and chronoed it at 925 fps after shooting a couple groups that were under .5 at 50 yds for 5 shots. After those two groups I thought maybe this one is going to be most accurate at the higher speeds like I have seen other people say.

As I continued to shoot and evaluate the wolverine and test for its consistency with the groups not just group sizes I started to see issues. At first I figured it was the magazine but I made a single shot adapter but that wasnt it. I was getting very solid groups under .5 at 50 yds like I said but the problem was the consistency of the accuracy not the group sizes. I would get 3 groups that were under .5 then I would get a group that would put 4 shots under .5 but throw one out making it .7 or 1 inch. I ended up having two very bad hits on two head shots on ground squirrels at 65 yds and 80 yds. I watched the slow motion video of those two shots over and over to see what caused the bad hit. Both shots I had the reticle correctly positioned and held true thru the whole shot cycle. Both shots had the pellets spiral and go off course causing the bad hit. I started to film my groups I shot on paper and found out every two or three groups would have a pellet or two spiral instead of flying straight. I thought it was the pellets but it happened regardless of the tin I tried. Once I dropped the speed my flyers were gone and none of the pellets spiral. So instead of having great accuracy with two or three great groups and a good group with a flyer I have great accuracy consistently with groups that have no flyers.

I have read enough of those accuracy reports to know that some people are getting great accuracy at the higher speeds but not consistently, while I have no doubt some people do get consistent accuracy as well. The people that swear by the 900+ speed that get those occasional flyers blame the wind or pellet for the cause when it may be the speed. For the people that push the speed and get flyers here and there if they dont care then its all good. I take long shots at animals in the field so I cant have any flyers due to correctable causes because I dont want a bad hit and a wounded animal. For me I have never had a pcp that would hold that kind of consistent accuracy at the higher speeds. Everyones experience will be different and I understand that as well. Im just giving mine in case the OP can benefit from my experience with higher speeds since he stated he gets flyers and spiraling. Im interested to see what he finds out with his particular airrifle since we never know everything and can learn more if we keep our minds open and keep testing.

Lowered pressure to 225 bars and I'll shoot down to 100 bars I was a shooting 100 yards extremely well 1 inch spinners. We had a lot of wind and I had to compensate but she was good about that. I did eaze up on the shouldering and the mechanics quieting down some so I'm still learning and I'm looking for input from anybody. Is anybody using anything besides JSB in these things I was wondering if HN onthe longer ranges is the good. I've always used JSB. I'll try to put some pictures in if I can get slow down long enough to do it