My perspective on 3 Semi-Auto Airguns - Huben K1, Leshiy 2 and Steyr Pro X

I just purchased the steyer pro x and I have to admit you had me worried lol, but I bought it for its accuracy and you confirmed that it's all that, i actually bought it in .177 to have some semi auto fun that would rival my tedious loading tm1000 single shot. Great reviews on all guns, also has me wondering if a heuben might be in the future!! Oh my steyer is in customs for the last 2 weeks, driving me nuts

Chris,

REALLY appreciate your post. Tough for me to accurately estimate the time you spent with these 3 guns and the time it took to write the clear and concise synopsis of each but know that your unselfish views shared without an agenda are greatly appreciated. I’m not a semi auto guy but must admit that I’m constantly drawn to this new dimension of airgunning. Your post provides clarity of choices and I may end up hating you for that. Thanks a lot ;-)

Folks, lots of nice comments here, and I thank you for that. It is gratifying to know that my write up may prove useful to some and at least interesting to others.

The really interesting thing for me is how different these three guns are, and yet each of them is special in its own way. I’m lucky (my wife says crazy) to be able to own all three, and vive la difference!

Chris

My one gripe, I wish that I didn’t have to open the action every time I wanted to reload, and I wish that the magazines held more than 8 rounds. That may not be an issue for hunters, but as someone who primarily shoots Paper or reactive targets (swingers, steel plates, etc.) a higher mag capacity would be a distinct plus. I now often don’t remove the magazine and swap in a loaded one, but rather use one of my many Speedloaders to reload the magazine as it sits in the action. It is still a pain to have to open the action, remove the magnet, use the Speedloader, replace the magnet and close the action every 8 shots, but its better than the opening part plus having to fiddle to get the magazine off, place the new one (without buggering up the little roller thingy at the bottom) and the close again.

< THIS! I agree 100%. I definitely like my L2, but reloading it is a complete PITA. Not only do you have to open the action, but placing the magazine in is very cumbersome. If you line it up with the hole perfectly, it will not push down the cycling mechanism, so it won't go in. You need to angle it just right. Quite an act. I was at a range today. The range officer was not happy with me as I was constantly fiddling with it, until I showed him how it works, and that it won't shoot unless the action is locked.

I also agree about the trigger. Coming from rim fire guns. It feels like a toy gun's trigger. It is workable. Even with that trigger the gun is still more accurate than I am.

There is one more thing about the L2 that I don't like. I have no idea how the safety works on the other two guns you have mentioned, but I definitely do not feel comfortable with a loaded magazine inside the gun, even with the safety on. I keep it either folded, or with and empty mag inside.

The L2 is my first PCP gun ever. So it is special and I do love it. Watching this Leshiy guy's channel on YouTube, sooting pest in his backyard, got me into the L2. Then the L2 got me into air guns. I had no idea that all this cool stuff was out there.

ChRiSiS

We need you to buy an LCS SK19 and add it to your excellent review😁

My LCS SK19 .22 was a major disappointment. Back and forth to AOA and then the final trip back to AOA for a total complete refund. I would never own one again.

I have the Blitz in .25 and it's a total beast. Love it. 

The Huben might be on my radar to buy. 

I knew that Leshiy was going to be a disaster. Will be staying far away from it.

ChRiSiS

We need you to buy an LCS SK19 and add it to your excellent review😁

My LCS SK19 .22 was a major disappointment. Back and forth to AOA and then the final trip back to AOA for a total complete refund. I would never own one again.

I knew that Leshiy was going to be a disaster. Will be staying far away from it.

kendive, I'm not sure why you say that the Leshiy 2 is a disaster. I love mine and from what I have heard my reaction to it is pretty common.

Chris

ChRiSiS

We need you to buy an LCS SK19 and add it to your excellent review
1f601.svg

kendive, I'm not sure why you say that the Leshiy 2 is a disaster. I love mine and from what I have heard my reaction to it is pretty common.

Chris

From what I’ve gathered from other posts, he’s a hater of the sk19 due to issues that were resolved on newer models, and has zero experience with the leshiy. The reason I bought my leshiy was because of all the great reviews of it in the past year! I get it, it’s not for everyone, but to say it’s a disaster is misinformation. 

Really a great round-up and as others have noted, very well written! Count me in the group with more food for thought. I have an original Leshiy and it has been a champ for pest control. Small chamber so annoying for practice sessions, but when it's time to go to work, it's always ready and stashes in a very small backpack. I've been wanting to add a Leshiy 2 but your post has me thinking hard on the Huben.

Thanks again for a great write-up!