My perspective on 3 Semi-Auto Airguns - Huben K1, Leshiy 2 and Steyr Pro X

Also keep in mind that New England Airguns has a range and it has finally opened punto the public again. Not sure when this occurred, but it was closed for some time. Ask if they have a floor model gun to test on the range there.
They do have a range unfortunately only can shoot tin there, no lead :( still better than nothing though!

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Also keep in mind that New England Airguns has a range and it has finally opened up to the public again. Not sure when this occurred, but it was closed for some time. Ask if they have a floor model gun to test on the range there.
The problem with picking up a K1 is that once you've shouldered it, you have to buy it... this is true for all good guns, of course, and I'm speaking from personal experience!

Enzana4CE, I’ve been wondering the same thing for years now. I keep hearing that they don’t think they can do it because of the tolerances involved. I don’t know why Steyr and Edgun can do it but they can’t. It looks like the Rattler/Sidewinder has the same basic design of the LCS-19 (which was the subject of a patent lawsuit from Huben because it was so similar). If the Sidewinder can do it with a removable mag then they will get my money.

I get this completely. With semi auto the temptation is to put a lot of lead downrange per outing and having to stop for reloading is, well, boring. I'm fine with the current rig as I'm doing mostly single shot or single shot plus follow up shooting and it's no issue to top off the mag periodically between engagements.

In the Huben K1 the gun shoots through the magazine, so the mag experiences the full "chamber" pressure for the shot and the seal is vital to keeping the air in the bore. I can't start to guess how you'd achieve this level of sealing inexpensively in a removeable magazine configuration but I'm no airgun engineer.

stackofhay
Thanks for the input on the scopes , I got a little time I will check out the weight of each and see, Need to study the scope a little for the Huben, I did an impulse buy a month ago for my new Prophet II compact a Arken EP-5 5x25x56 its still sitting on my desk, Heaviest scope I ever had but also the best glass, I need a new 30-06 to put it on ,

Reactions: Stackofhay
stackofhay
Thanks for the input on the scopes , I got a little time I will check out the weight of each and see, Need to study the scope a little for the Huben, I did an impulse buy a month ago for my new Prophet II compact a Arken EP-5 5x25x56 its still sitting on my desk, Heaviest scope I ever had but also the best glass, I need a new 30-06 to put it on ,
Isn't it funny that new glass calls a new gun just like a new gun calls new glass??? We are a clever bunch when it comes to justifying new purchases!

Good luck finding the ultimate landing spot for your Arken!

Reactions: ChRiSiS and john8
John
thanks I just put it on my list to ask Kelly, Been trying out some light weight scopes on my Mutant and Prophet II Monstrum G3 1x6 -24 FFP really like it but just a 30 yard
scope, Got another one I am going to try its a Vector Veyron 4-16-44 FFP only 18ozs I think it comes in a 4x24x44 also I will have to check the weight
Mike

Last edited:
@ChRiSiS
Thanks for sharing! Seems like all 3 are winners. But I have to ask, which one is your “go to” gun if you had to pick one.
That’s a hard one! I think it depends on why I needed to grab one. However I think it’s clear that if overall utility at shooting and killing things was the number one priority then the Huben would probably get the pick. From a “cool” factor and feeling of power then it would be the Leshiy 2. For craftsmanship and feel, pl,us smoothness, it would be the Steyr.

That’s a hard one! I think it depends on why I needed to grab one. However I think it’s clear that if overall utility at shooting and killing things was the number one priority then the Huben would probably get the pick. From a “cool” factor and feeling of power then it would be the Leshiy 2. For craftsmanship and feel, pl,us smoothness, it would be the Steyr.
I think you just helped me decide. K1 it is!

I have a Huben .25. Caliber and I really like it. It can be a little picky with pellets. I had a bunch of extra tins of .25 pellets
so I'm not using slugs yet. I really enjoy shooting this Huben K1. I Have not chronigraphed the speed yet. Although I will shoot
at a 2 x 4 in it punches right through with ease. I haven't even maxed-out the power wheel.i havr tried 4 different types of pellets. Mine likes the H&N Target Trophy 20 grain pellets.
In Spring, I did have a slug jam. I was upset but I called Kelly at Krazykool and he got right back to me. Also, on YouTube, there are several videos on how to take the Huben apart. I watched one and followed the instructions step- by-step. After an hour, I had my Huben all taken apart(except for the trigger and sear mechanism). At first I thought I was going to have to send it back. I felt great when I'm finally put it back together. I've done it several it gets easier each time. HAVE PATIENCE when disassembling: The airgun is an engineering masterpiece but some internal parts are delicate. I think I will get 90 foot pounds with a heavy slug or pellet with max power. I'll post a follow-up.

Reactions: ChRiSiS
So after reading this, I wonder if I’m making the right decision on a Leshiy2. In a trigger and accuracy snob, but still want something compact and light to carry in the woods. Maybe semi auto is the wrong way to go?
you’ve been very outspoken in mine and others posts about the leshiy 2, and I thank you for your comments and info. I’m hoping I make the right decision. If I can shoot chipmunks reliably inside of 50yds, I think I’ll be happy with it. If this is a chore, I may need to look at other options.
I have a leishy 2 in .30 and I love it. I'm getting the 22 inch barrel because I want mucho power. The greatest thing about the Leishy I'd the I can fold it when I go to the field. I have a Huben .25. I love that one too. They are different guns with different features but both are amazing. Don't fret about not having the Huben.

The Hubens are the future. I have one in .25, great for my needs. I wanted a semiauto .177 and look hard at the Steyr Pro X and Leshy 2. I ended up having Kelly build me a .177 Huben, sweet rig.
Can you post a few pictures of the .177 Huben? I'm very interested in seeing the rotary magazine and the whole setup. Thank you

Bonjour Kris,

« Maintenant, c’est un 600mm FX Barreled .30 cal avec une bouteille FX 480cc, mettant 90+ FPE. Et je l’aime toujours.

Chris »

Je suis très discret, je suis avec grand intérêt le fil, ainsi que ceux sur la Vixen et Kral NP-03.
J’ai une L2 22 450mm, je serais intéressé pour la passage en 22 600mm, avec un canon FX pour slug,
Y a t’il des modifications à effectuer pour le montage ou cela est il direct?
Si oui,
Quel article fx 22 600mm serait’il à commandé, étant donné le multiple choix Fx pour éviter toute adaptation ou modification sur le canon.

En vous remerciant, Cordialement Guill.

leshiy 1.jpg

leshiy 1.jpg