My personal record

that is godzilla! huge!

What do you do with them? eat? or just pest control?

When I hunt at home, I collect the carcass and I throw it on my compost pile. I won't eat the iguanas I see at home, they are swimming in crappy water and they are full of salmonella.

In this hunt we were doing pest control, actually we were with 2 guys from a pest control company and they were shooting some springers, I was taking the longer shots with the Taipan Veteran .25 but they took care of all the carcasses yesterday. I really don't know what they do with them!

First off, nice shooting! People these days see 100yd shots and because more and more people are trying it, think that it's easy. Not so. Good shooting.

Whoa, what a true dinosaur! That thing is a monster, figuratively and literally! I lived in the Caribbean for a few years after college, on a tiny island called St. Eustatias, aka Statia. We had a huge, dormant volcano on the island that had a tropical rain forest inside the crater even though outside the crater was a desert island. Iguanas were everywhere inside of it, I mean everywhere! I never saw one as big as the one you shot though! My only problem was that there wasn't an air gun on the whole island back then. Meat, other than fish and lobster was almost too expensive to buy on my income as a scuba instructor. Iguana meat would have been a welcomed source of meat in my diet and they would have been so fun to shoot too! Awesome man, awesome! Have a good Wed. night! 

Stoti

@Stoti Nice description of that volcano, it will be interesting to go and check for the iguanas there, I'm sure it will be like being in Jurasic Park

@Bob Oh yeah, at 100 yards I had to use the range finder because at distance I though was one small gator.

@Papy_Yosh When I put the first pellet on the head that thing just walked toward the water, I think it was already down but it kept walking slowly trying to make it, but it gave me time for 2 more..

Are they tough if you don't stone them on the first shot? I have no idea what it's like to shoot one. I've seen videos but you know how that goes, they can pick and choose what they want you to see so it seems humane. I can just imagine missing the brain and watching them run for the trees or water. Like Papy Yosh said, "walnut sized brain" and 100yds, in the field, that's a tough shot. Nice man!

Stoti

Tastes like chicken!!!! Lol.

Holy crap that is one big lizard...and at 100 yards with poly mags is some fine shooting brother. Iguanas and pythons are taking over south Florida so keep smacking them down. 

James from Michigan,

@ChuckHunter I think that's why I hit it, because it was big! :) It's easier to hit this monster at 100 than a pigeon ;)

Bob_O
Have you hit one with a slug yet?

@Bob_O: Not that day, but yes, I've hunted them with slugs, I'm using the NSA 36gr, the speed I'm getting is around 700fps and a similar fpe I'm getting from Polymags. Probably I'll use them on my next hunt, we are planning to go out this weekend.

Gunner1985
That's a beast! What fpe were you shooting taipan veteran at?

@Gunner1985: The Taipan Veteran is doing an average of 45fpe

stoti

Are they tough if you don't stone them on the first shot? I have no idea what it's like to shoot one. I've seen videos but you know how that goes, they can pick and choose what they want you to see so it seems humane. I can just imagine missing the brain and watching them run for the trees or water. Like Papy Yosh said, "walnut sized brain" and 100yds, in the field, that's a tough shot. Nice man!

Stoti

@stoti: They are tough, really tough I put 3 shots on this one, I think in the picture you can see one of the impacts. I've shoot iguanas on the head and they stay there like nothing, even it looks to me that sometimes the pellet deflect after hitting on the head. Go and check my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/c/oriontheiguanahunter) , I'm not cherry picking my shots, I show exactly what I did, even when I need a follow up. I have footage of pellet deflecting the head of the iguana but now that I think about it I might do a video compilation of just those weird shots. And @Papy_Yosh is absolutely right, "walnut size brain" that's why it's so important to use a nice hunting pellet that deform nicely because you can get the brain by transferring huge amount of energy on the head and sometimes breaking their neck.

Erlis, 

Great shooting bro, and Wow! That lizard looks more like a wingless Dragon!
You could chop it in half, cure it's top section, and wear it for a coat! hahaha 

Congratulations on your Double Personal Record! That's just awesome! 

🙂👍👍 

Sam -

Sam, I was worried because I though I just killed Drogon!

I think people are using the skin to do stuff, beautiful skin (when they are green) and really tough