My personal best yet.

What state if you don't mind me asking? I went to pop prairie dogs for the first time about 1.5mo ago outside of Amarillo and learn some valuable things. Headshots are better than vitals shots because while a good vitals shot will definitely kill them, they can make it back down their holes first! I was only able to actually retrieve 6 of the 18 I shot. :/
As you know kapok6, lots of times you only see the prairie dogs head. I find that head shots in my case has them twitching around and they end up back down the hole more times than not. I am in Utah. Thanks for the comment Kapok6. Good luck on your next hunt.

This is the very outer reaches I take. I have my 2nd Crown dialed for slugs but me being dad, let my son take it for a bit.
I just picked up the same rifle a couple weeks ago but haven't have a chance to take it hunting yet. Just curious what your current setup is for the 18gr and what sort of FPE you're getting. For hunting it seems the .22 with a 500mm barrel will cover most of your needs. I was in UT, CO and WY a few weeks ago and saw lots of PD's along 80 and 25 in CO. I would love to go after a some one day but I got plenty of ground squirrels here in CA to keep me busy in the meantime!

Reactions: LNielsen
I just picked up the same rifle a couple weeks ago but haven't have a chance to take it hunting yet. Just curious what your current setup is for the 18gr and what sort of FPE you're getting. For hunting it seems the .22 with a 500mm barrel will cover most of your needs. I was in UT, CO and WY a few weeks ago and saw lots of PD's along 80 and 25 in CO. I would love to go after a some one day but I got plenty of ground squirrels here in CA to keep me busy in the meantime!
I'm sure your going to like that FX Crown. I am shooting 18.1 H&N baracudas at 895fps. Power is on high with hammer one click down from max. My reg is at 115 which is way lower than alot of other setups. Last crony I ran 2 weeks ago S.D. was 2. My gun shoots very good with this setup, I hope this helps.

Yes that really helps thank you! here is mine. I am a sucker for the BPL stocks and when I saw this used one which still looks brand new for a great price I had to have it! I have only had a chance to shoot it at 25 yds in my backyard but it shoots great! looking forward to getting it out for some hunting later this year.

D2329F2D-B351-4A13-A4AF-1DD5D02A7959.jpeg