My permission, a hawk and beyond...

Well, today after 3 days of crap weather and snow the weather allowed for some testing so I went up to my permission in South Central NH. When I arrived I saw the pigeons were finally around and so I loaded up and stalked, NOPE couldn't connect. So I went to shooting gallary

The shooting gallery is a small barn where shot placement is everything at LOW power, the ranger is at 12-13 fpe. I am shooting hades for the geeks in 22. There are always sparrows starlings in there, and this time was a surprise. Usually one door is open and this time both were, front or back, this time both were. I figured cool some sparrows to be had, and there was a surprise in the mix, a small hawk that must have followed the birds and got trapped in the barn.

I "herded" the hawk out and went for the sparrows. I got a couple, but the one starling alluded me. shot placement is king here and so I had to be careful. However, NEVER have I seen a hawk trapped as it was, so facilitating it getting back out to where it belonged was good karma.

Anyways, afterwards I went to Blast Bough brewery for a pint and asked about the dairy close by to see if they would allow for some pesting, and I got a probably. Well, pay dirt, along with LOTS of startling and many more cattle. Smaller set up but more options. This is still a full functioning dairy. Sadly, due to economics my existing permission is on the way out of the dairy business, small vs big guy. The new place most likely would be best with night vision now in the winter because I am sure the starlings are roosting in the barn at night. Plus side the new permission is 10 minutes from the old one. :)