• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My "Pea" Brain needs help

I am going to apologize ahead of time for the long post/questions. I need all the knowledge I can garner here. But I just can't seem to get My head wrapped around Tank CC volumes vs amount of refills and shots per fill. I am looking at the FX Dreamline Lite .25 cal. . Trying to decide between tube or bottle version. So here goes.

75 cu/in 4500 psi CF supply tank 75 cu/in 4500 psi CF supply tank

Gun fills to 3300 psi Aluminum Tube Fills to 3600 psi CF Bottle

Refill at 2000 psi Refill at 2000 psi

250cc air tube gives app. 45 shots. 480cc CF Bottle gives app. 90 shots.

Supply tank will refill app. 25 times. Supply tank will refill app. 8 times

25 x 45 = 1125 shots per CF supply tank fill. 8 x 90 = 720 shots per CF supply tank fill

So if My math is correct. the aluminum tube version will result in fewer trips to My local filling station. Not that I mind going, I like the toys there.

I have two non FX guns, one with a tube, the other a bottle. The advantage of the bottle gun = much higher shot count. But it must be filled from a tank. The tube gun = lower shot count, but is more svelte and can be filled from a hand pump. When I’m plinking or target shooting it’s the bottle gun 95% of the time. I don’t have to pressurize it to the full 240 BAR. And I still get twice the shots of the tube gun. For plinking or target shooting it gets old having to pressurize the tube gun frequently.