• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My PCP experience so far.

Hello All,

I am new to the PCP world and here is my experience so far: I have purchased the following items.
25 cal Avenger in wood, 25 cal Hatsan Flash Bull pup QE synthetic side lever. Young Heng PCP air compressor. I am using the air rifles exclusively for pest control. I am shooting JSB Hades out to 55 yards but average a 30 to 40 yard shot. I have been using 22 rimfire rifles with CCI CB long and CCI segmented quiets for most of my life. I can say I am very pleased with the PCP performance and accuracy. I do like the Hatsan over the Avenger as the Avenger is too loud and too big for a pest gun. I always find myself grabbing the pup for a squirrel shot as the compact size accuracy and very low report is excellent for backyard dispatch. I have even thought about selling the Avenger and getting another compact PCP squirrel rifle. I thought the air filling would be a pain in the ass but once sighted in the rifle only need a fill twice a month or so all depending on the squirrel population. The accuracy out to 50 yards is easily within a 1.25 circle which is fine for squirrels compared to the CCI quiets which are erratic and louder than the Pup. All I can say is Im happy I made the switch to PCP’s.

Steve

Sounds like you have a good start. I also have an Avenger (25) and a Yong Heng. I fill an expired SCBA tank with the Yong Heng and the guns from the bottle. I like that arrangement a lot. I only have to run the compressor once a month or less. I agree that the Avenger is awfull long, especially with the moderator I have on it. If you like bullpups, you should look at the P35. I really like it. I had to order it from Krale but that was not a real big deal. Very accurate and 6 lbs 6 ounces with a pretty heavy scope on it. You could get it to 6 lbs with a light scope like the Hawke Vantage 2-7 I use on my Prod. With a hair curler/felt mod you can get the P35 noise under 70 db. I have mine at about 75 db and about 35 ft. lbs - it's a 25. I shoot more paper than squirrels but I really enjoy it watching them fall from the tree and my dog loves it too. They are also pretty tasty.