My path to Under Levers

I had been shooting PCPs for a few years and still shoot them more then springers, but about 3 years ago at an Airgun show I picked up a TX200 in .177 as it was a lefty. I did shoot it a bit but was not overly thrilled by its performance. I would get it out and shoot it once in a while but really did not excite me for all the hype I heard about them. This year I picked up a new in the box LGU in .22 as I knew they were discontinued and when I shot it I was super impressed and found myself really enjoying the simplicity and challenge in spring guns. Today I decided to tear into the TX200, so after watching a few videos I felt like this was do able. When I got it apart it was so full of grease and grime. Even the trigger group was gummed up with grease. After a lot of cleaning I got the trigger to be a two stage again with a light crisp break. I need put a very fine film of moly on the spring and very little on the outside edge of the seal. Hopefully I did that right if not let me know as it is super simple to work on. Any advice would be welcome. I have not mounted the scope back on it but it cocks and shoots much differently. 
I have a chance to pick up Weirauch WH77K Special Edition in .22 new in box which will fill out my collection of under levers. It will be interesting to see how I like it compared to the LGU. 
I will still shoot my PCP’s more, but am learning to appreciate springers more and more!
5A9BEEF9-FA92-41A8-9A87-58E891721671.1640994131.jpeg

Good for you;Springers are great and my favorite means of shooting pellets.I have the TX200 and a HW97 ...wish I had a LGU....I would not put moly on the spring or on the seals ,properly ok,the spring is going to spit the moly off....seals properly ok......The 97 or the 77 are much easier for me to load.

Yep you need a HW97 or 77 now.....it is another great one......you can have competition between them....one other thing....and this is just my opinion because I have fat fingers,I would take .22 any day over .177...also because those springers tend to be powerful and for me.22 has a better sweet spot ,for sure others will disagree.

I had some moly on hand and basically just a put on a very thin film. What is the best or recommended way to lube it? Also since I finally figured out it is easy to take apart thought about putting in a kit but need to do some research on that. The LGU’s trigger is not as nice but it is a smoother and more accurate gun for me to shoot. Have a lot to learn. 
I am looking forward to shooting the HW77 hopefully will pick it up next weekend. 
Shortcut

I put a little tar on the spring...I used a couple of different tune kits..I like the JM kits,the Vortex kit is different and gives a different firing feel....a lot of people love it....The TX should be tuned to less than 14fp.....The British have got the TX down to a science and I would read up how they do it.....The HW 97 seems more powerful,it also is better tuned down....that is if you are target shooting at say less than 35yds......like what you are doing ,smoothing the firing cycle....the TX trigger is great,the 97 is almost as good.I think the TX is lighter and more refined......but I like the 97 better because it is so much easier for me to load.

BTW,some well known shooters say the LGU is the most accurate springer they have shot.I think between the 4 there should not be much difference....more on what pellet works the best and also which trigger you like.....all are great.......

Definitely try out the HW77. Got a HW97 last summer and it did well. Put a Vortek kit in it and worked the trigger a little bit, and it is a dream to shoot. Got mine in .20 for something different. Take a look at some of the posts from BDZJLZ. He has done quite a few tunes on the TX200 as well as the HW's. He helped me with the HW97.

I was like you and did mostly PCP. But after it almost got boring, started dabbling with the springers too. Just such a great sport. Good luck, and Happy New Year.

Bam86