• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Panthera .22 cal is hands down the most accurate PCP I have ever owned

I have owned the M3, MK2, Maverick, Dreamline, Wildcat, and many other brands. I must say…this rifle is totally different.

So interesting story for today. These guys next to me were shooting .243 and a .300 win mag. They had targets out to 300 yards. Then, they decided to shoot at a clay pigeon they had set up at 215 yards. Bang bang bang. They shot so many times…not one could hit it…and damn was it loud! I’m sitting there watching for a solid 5-10 minutes lookin at them miss through my rangefinder. Then I say “wait…let me try” in my head. I ask them if I can take a shot at it. They say sure thing. Cool guys. Mind you 215 yards and I’m shooting 24.8 grain Nielsens close to 1000 FPS btw. I plug in the data in the ballistics calculator (I’m on power 5 and I forgot to input that velocity in)…so my first shot goes high. But I’m talking directly above high. Wind doesn’t even push it. I adjust and I barely miss it by millimeters on the second shot.

Adjust down one more time (this is a hold under)…I tell the guy who is spotting my shots for me “third times the charm.” I shoot and the thing bursts. 3 shots and I nail it at 215 yards. If I had realized that I had the power turned up a little higher, I don’t think I’d have needed 2 extra shots. If that was a turkey at 215 yards…I would’ve got it no sweat on the second shot. 100% my most accurate PCP. That guy spotting next to me said “well I guess we know who the sharpshooter of the group is.” Lol.

Pic below is a 5 shot group at 52 yards. 0.38 inches shooting NSAs at near 1000 FPS (it might be over 1000 FPS…I was using a $25 Chinese chrony so that may be why I was shooting higher when I dialed for 215 yards)

I was also shooting varmint knockers at 1050 FPS on micro 2 and reg at 115! Those grouped pretty darn well too. Sub-MOA.

2CD984A7-CD32-47BD-B484-0304DDB72FF1.jpeg

D7635339-D932-4C4C-A59C-CB7FE45C0535.jpeg

Attachments

• 45FB13DD-88FC-4A08-BE67-89DD4FAB7AFF.jpeg
    45FB13DD-88FC-4A08-BE67-89DD4FAB7AFF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I have owned the M3, MK2, Maverick, Dreamline, Wildcat, and many other brands. I must say…this rifle is totally different.

So interesting story for today. These guys next to me were shooting .243 and a .300 win mag. They had targets out to 300 yards. Then, they decided to shoot at a clay pigeon they had set up at 215 yards. Bang bang bang. They shot so many times…not one could hit it…and damn was it loud! I’m sitting there watching for a solid 5-10 minutes lookin at them miss through my rangefinder. Then I say “wait…let me try” in my head. I ask them if I can take a shot at it. They say sure thing. Cool guys. Mind you 215 yards and I’m shooting 24.8 grain Nielsens close to 1000 FPS btw. I plug in the data in the ballistics calculator (I’m on power 5 and I forgot to input that velocity in)…so my first shot goes high. But I’m talking directly above high. Wind doesn’t even push it. I adjust and I barely miss it by millimeters on the second shot.

Adjust down one more time (this is a hold under)…I tell the guy who is spotting my shots for me “third times the charm.” I shoot and the thing bursts. 3 shots and I nail it at 215 yards. If I had realized that I had the power turned up a little higher, I don’t think I’d have needed 2 extra shots. If that was a turkey at 215 yards…I would’ve got it no sweat on the second shot. 100% my most accurate PCP. That guy spotting next to me said “well I guess we know who the sharpshooter of the group is.” Lol.

Pic below is a 5 shot group at 52 yards. 0.38 inches shooting NSAs at near 1000 FPS (it might be over 1000 FPS…I was using a $25 Chinese chrony so that may be why I was shooting higher when I dialed for 215 yards)

I was also shooting varmint knockers at 1050 FPS on micro 2 and reg at 115! Those grouped pretty darn well too. Sub-MOA.

View attachment 374277

View attachment 374278
My Panthera compact hunter .25 Cal do not shoot slugs, but it is very accurate at 225 yards with JSB' MKII 33.95 grain. Same thing with my Sidewinder and my Daystate Renegade HP.

Nowadays Airgun Technology rifles, Daystate, Sidewinder, FX Panthera (and some others maybe), are so accurate that surpass the shooter's skills.

We should be very happy with the technological advances of our hobbie.

My Panthera compact hunter .25 Cal do not shoot slugs, but it is very accurate at 225 yards with JSB' MKII 33.95 grain. Same thing with my Sidewinder and my Daystate Renegade HP.

Nowadays Airgun Technology rifles, Daystate, Sidewinder, FX Panthera (and some others maybe), are so accurate that surpass the shooter's skills.

We should be very happy with the technological advances of our hobbie.
What are the settings on your gun? I have the same gun and was curious as to your settings.

Yeah, Panthera is the first airgun with mag that just shoot slugs awesome out of box. It did take some work to get my MK2 to shoot slugs well but we didn’t have slug liners and good slugs back in the days. Can’t wait for my dynamic to finally show up.
It hasn’t been all wine and roses for me. I have 3 Pantheri now and will say that in each case, the regs have been annoying. Slow refresh and creep. One settled down on its own, one needed TLC on the washers and the third ended up with a Huma. My advice is to save some $ and frustration by dry firing a hundred shots (or two) after establishing a baseline tune to break in the reg.

Reactions: qball
It hasn’t been all wine and roses for me. I have 3 Pantheri now and will say that in each case, the regs have been annoying. Slow refresh and creep. One settled down on its own, one needed TLC on the washers and the third ended up with a Huma. My advice is to save some $ and frustration by dry firing a hundred shots (or two) after establishing a baseline tune to break in the reg.
Mine also have the same reg issue. Slow refresh rate and creep. If I leave the gun idle for more then 5 mins it’ll do 30 fps less then the current fps setting. I shot about 1.5 tin of pellets so far so hopefully it’ll break in soon

FX regs do need a couple of hundred shots to settle. Some are better than the other but all my FX regs settled after a little while. A bit known fact, my Huma regs did the same thing at various degrees too. If experiencing slow refresh then it doesn’t hurt to take the reg out for a quick cleaning, the port might be slightly clogged.

Reactions: Maizen
FX regs do need a couple of hundred shots to settle. Some are better than the other but all my FX regs settled after a little while. A bit known fact, my Huma regs did the same thing at various degrees too. If experiencing slow refresh then it doesn’t hurt to take the reg out for a quick cleaning, the port might be slightly clogged.

My port was clogged this morning, different port though

use-this-plunger-dan-levy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Maizen and qball
Tiny air passage, huge plenum and a spring stack that’s optimized for 150bar+. The Huma reg that I put in the 177, which operates at the lowest pressure, has a low pressure stack and has been flawless.

Reactions: Maizen and qball