• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My P-17 showed up today

• Thread starter Deleted member 46449
  • Start date
Oh that sounds like a big pain just to shoot a pellet gun. I use to have 2.5 acres but know live in a subdivision that really isn't a friendly place to shoot but I can if I really wanted to. I just shoot the pellet gun in the garage with a 20' distance (good enough) or drive 20 minutes to the range once a week to stretch it out further, I do miss the 2.5 acres :( .

Yep. I know that feeling. Until 2016 I had been a country boy all my life. If I wanted to shoot one of my guns, I literally just stepped out the backdoor. Now that I'm in town I can't do that. I miss it a bunch. I never realized how much I'd miss shooting something until I sold all the powder guns. Thus, my reason for even looking into airguns. A buddy got the ball rolling when he gave me that old 1377. Now, I'm having to do all osrts of things just to shoot one of these airguns. I'm really disappointed that the only range that existed around here was closed forever.

Pretty good shooting on that Model 25 for 50 yards. I use the P17 & my model 25 to shoot the little metal silouttes. P17 at 20 yards and the Hatsan at 25 yards. Both are fun pistols, but I favor the P17 because there is no recoil. You can pratice your trigger pull with the P17 by lifting the rail slightly until it clicks. The trigger sets but the piston doesn't compress any air. Easy way to get familiar with the trigger pull release point. Yes different pellets have dramatically different impact points on the P17. Let the fun begin.
16638733424793856144002800982119.jpg

Pretty good shooting on that Model 25 for 50 yards. I use the P17 & my model 25 to shoot the little metal silouttes. P17 at 20 yards and the Hatsan at 25 yards. Both are fun pistols, but I favor the P17 because there is no recoil. You can pratice your trigger pull with the P17 by lifting the rail slightly until it clicks. The trigger sets but the piston doesn't compress any air. Easy way to get familiar with the trigger pull release point. Yes different pellets have dramatically different impact points on the P17. Let the fun begin. View attachment 291778
Nice moderator (y).

I was ordering pellets from PA and was at $65 and impulsively added the P17 and boom, free shipping. Midway was having a sale, but with shipping the PA wasn't that much more expensive and I got the 10 for 10 just to have a basic check up routine. Now I have to see if Stalwart's still in business....

Also, when I mentioned all this to my gal, she said she'd love to go to the range. Which surprised me. So, now I have more validation for my recent expenditures.