My own scope cam system, the OrionCam

Super dope creation my dude, KUDOS!

giphy1.1612901951.gif

I’ve been really busy working on the OrionCam lately and today I had the chance to test the new glass I’m using on it, this is german glass and the quality is amazing!

Also I installed my Crimson Trace scope on it and the video quality was on another level, I couldn’t hide my excitement I think I said OMG more than 100 times on this video.

Check this out.....I just need to design the eye cup attachment, everything else is ready now!

https://youtu.be/omf49TK5qcg

VERY nice video quality. You said this was new German glass. Are you saying the Crimson Trace scope is the German glass, or did you put higher quality German glass somewhere else in the system (like the beam-splitter or a replacement lens on the FireFly camera)?

That darkening around the edge as you zoom in looks like it could be from slight mis-alignment of the two optical axes (camera lens is almost always slightly off the scope's optical centerline) That tends to show up mostly at high magnification. I CNC'ed a jig to allow me to accurately adjust the alignment of the two axes, and found it is possible to find a point where you can zoom the scope's full range and have little to no vignetting. I guess I should qualify that... at least with the optical equipment I was using I was able to achieve this. Optics are finicky, and I don't know if it could always be achieved.

Was this video produced with a stock FireFly camera with it's stock lens? If so... you have made a quantum leap in scope cam tech. No matter how you have put it together, it's well done!

VERY nice video quality. You said this was new German glass. Are you saying the Crimson Trace scope is the German glass, or did you put higher quality German glass somewhere else in the system (like the beam-splitter or a replacement lens on the FireFly camera)?

That darkening around the edge as you zoom in looks like it could be from slight mis-alignment of the two optical axes (camera lens is almost always slightly off the scope's optical centerline) That tends to show up mostly at high magnification. I CNC'ed a jig to allow me to accurately adjust the alignment of the two axes, and found it is possible to find a point where you can zoom the scope's full range and have little to no vignetting. I guess I should qualify that... at least with the optical equipment I was using I was able to achieve this. Optics are finicky, and I don't know if it could always be achieved.

Was this video produced with a stock FireFly camera with it's stock lens? If so... you have made a quantum leap in scope cam tech. No matter how you have put it together, it's well done!

The german glass is the glass used on the scope cam, this glass is the missing link to awesome video quality. Yes this is a stock firefly.

You are absolutely right, the dark edge is because a miss alignment I was printing the alignment part when I was filming (will be included with the scope cam) But I couldn’t wait for it to finish and rushed to test, It was the first test with this glass, the previous glass was a chinese one, good quality but nothing compared with these one....I listen to myself and looks like I’m building a scope lol....

this was with a Crimson Trace 3 series 5-25...the previous video was done with the Arken

The OrionCam is shipping now and I'm taking orders by email only for now. I'm not promoting it from my site because I'm waiting gor another printer to keep up with demand.

But if you want to have yours before I make it public just send me am email to [email protected] with subject OrionCam and I'll deliver yours in the order I received the email.

At the speed I'm developing them at the time the waiting time might be 2 weeks approximately.

yeah my firefly 8 se cleared NYC customs. cant wait for it to finally arrive

Which Firefly camera did you order to go with the OrionCam? Can you post a link?

Hawkeye Firefly 8SE 4K IPS Screen WIFI FPV Action Camera Recording For FPV Drone

Seller : 

fmt-model

from ebay. The undistorted version.

Orion, looking good. Can’t wait to get mine. Camera is now at JFK Airport. Can’t wait to see what I get with my element helix scope.