My own CP99 COMPACT mod

Hello all !
First, I apologise for my english, I may be hard to read, it's not my mother's tongue.

I've had this cp99 COMPACT handgun for almost two years now.
Everyone of you guys that have bought this thing will relate when I say that the bottle loading system is probably the WORST of all times.
It's a sad thing since the rest of the gun is pretty decent and well made.

Many of you CP99 COMPACT owners have had CO2 leakage problems (it shows on youtube).
You may even have ordered complete reseal kits just to realise you wasted money.
I found out why it's leaking so bad and it's all the fault of that giant square "screw" at the bottom of the handle
cp99parts.png

It just doesn't go far enough to get that bottle well pressed against the seal.

Tho there are some ways to reload a bottle without messing around with modding the gun, it's alway a pain in the ... and it involves a complicated sequence of actions that may even (often) need tools to turn the #70 part.
UNACCEPTABLE !!!

So I've come up with a realy simple solution, a mod that can be done in 20 minutes.
gunzz.jpg

Did you see it ? :p

I pierced the part #69 on the schematic and removed the #70 part.
Then I added a simple bolt that fits the #69 treads (I think it's metric).
That simple mod now gives me total control over how far the bottle is pressed against that seal.

The gun immediately stopped leaking.

cp99modinterieur.jpg

You can also notice that when it is unscrewed, I added a little tension spring around the bolt just to keep it from accidentally loosening while you're handeling the gun. I took the first spring i've had readily available in my toolkit, it could be stronger tho.

cp99modlook.jpg

Now I did this mod on the corner of the kitchen table at 11:00 PM so all the parts I've used could be better
The bolt could be black, the tension spring stronger, etc ...
But it works !:alien:

Now what I want to do next is to change or mod the bolt itself so it could be something (like a small swivel) that I can operate only by hand.
Part #70 would have it been longer would have done a wonderfull job if screwed backwards. Making it longer will involve a little bit of soldering but it would give me a way to operate it by hands AND to be very very very discrete, almost un-noticeable.

cp99wannado.jpg

I don't know yet how it will turn out to look at the end but for now the more important thing is that my son will FINALLY have his gun back ;)(y)

Have a good day !

Last edited:
This popped into my head.
You can find different sizes and shapes. Maybe a really long one with a wing nut. Then use the foot to push the bottle🤙

View attachment 338225

:oops: MAN !
YOU GOT TO STOP READING INTO MY TOUGHTS it scares me !

Think, I'm a woodworker and it did not pop into my head, what a shame... :confused:

This particular one is too bulky for my taste but I know of some models that would fit right there and be very discrete.

WOW ! Thanks for the idea bro, i'll be sure to give it a try !
(y)(y)(y)

BTW the bottle doesn't need to be well seated at the bottom, it works just fine with the tip of the bolt (which could be buffed to be smoother and round)
But if you really want something to seat the bottle, a lock nut screwed backwards and full of locktite could be a nice add-on tho I would fear it could make the bottle turn while you screw and ultimately it won't be very good for the seal. Less friction is better.

It makes sense into my head but I don't know if i'm explaining it well ?

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Thank you for sharing, i've also had this problem with a different weapon. I will try and use your idea to fix it.

This is how I managed to pierce the bottom just in case you wondered.
I've used two different hole sizes.
One for the bolt and one for the spring

* A different thing I could have done just in case I didn't want to use a tension spring would habe been to hot glue a lock nut in the hole so the bolt would rest tight in place.

cp99trou.jpg

Last edited:
:oops: MAN !
YOU GOT TO STOP READING INTO MY TOUGHTS it scares me !

Think, I'm a woodworker and it did not pop into my head, what a shame... :confused:

This particular one is too bulky for my taste but I know of some models that would fit right there and be very discrete.

WOW ! Thanks for the idea bro, i'll be sure to give it a try !
(y)(y)(y)

BTW the bottle doesn't need to be well seated at the bottom, it works just fine with the tip of the bolt (which could be buffed to be smoother and round)
But if you really want something to seat the bottle, a lock nut screwed backwards and full of locktite could be a nice add-on tho I would fear it could make the bottle turn while you screw and ultimately it won't be very good for the seal. Less friction is better.

It makes sense into my head but I don't know if i'm explaining it well ?
Empathy is strong with me🫠

Reactions: Officer_Doofy