• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

My opinion of the Beeman Silver Kodiak X2 DC pellet rifle

About 8 years ago....I had a .177 crosman and loved it, I was routinely hitting apples at 200yds with crosman premier 8.9 gr(standard) hollow points before the spring gave out after around 4000 rounds.... I have been wanting another good rifle since...Last year, I saw the Beeman Silver Kodiak X2 at Wal-Mart(of all places) a few months before my pest issue started and kept eyeballing it knowing that eventually I would get one...when the varmints started showing up, I got the gun...I took it out of the box, read the manual, set it up and chambered it in .177 and was happy with the results after 100 rounds...after a few bugs that needed addressing ( scope creep, loosening mounts and screws, and trigger adjustments)...I was putting a ten shot group on a dime at 25yds...then I switched to .22 and got excited...got her sighted in with 14.3gr .22 crosman (standard) hollow points and couldn't stop smiling after the results...in .22 it sends the projectile slower ( around 800fps) than the .177( around 1000fps) but with almost double the power...accuracy was more unpredictable in .22 though...until my buddy bent my .22 barrel while we were shooting one day, for that, I had to get a second Beeman.....I set this gun up just in the same way, but with a better scope (3-9 × 40 centerpoint mildot scope).....this gun I kept in .22 only and is by far better than the first...the standard 14.3 crosman hollow points had consistency issues in terms of production tolerances and accuracy.. so I decided to test some different ammo....first I modified the standard hollow points with .177 BBs super glued to the tip (big mistake, no accuracy whatsoever).... next, I went with Gamo 15.1gr ballistic hollow points(decent accuracy, great shock effect and good expansion, pellets had issues when loading and wouldn't seat properly)...then, I got the 16.7gr Crosman Red Flight penetrator rounds (accurate, and get devastating penetration).
I then moved on to the 14.3gr crosman piranha premier MATCH GRADE hollow points (higher quality production tolerances, consistent when loading and perfect seating, great shock and expansion, and EXTREMELY ACCURATE!!!...I put a 12 shot group on a quarter at 100yds!!!)....as of right now I am testing the 18.5gr H&N Sport Baracuda Hunter Extreme match grade hollow points and the 25.3gr JSB Match Diabolo Ultra Shock Heavy hollow points ( I haven't tested them enough to make a determination yet)...other than testing ammo...I have also added an Acid Tactical Bipod and a Pinty laser sight which only add to the overall accuracy and consistency of the gun itself.....My other Beeman still has the stock scope and .177 barrel(still shoots great), and I cut down the .22 barrel to 9" long and reattached the muzzle brake...its less accurate, has half the muzzle velocity and is twice as loud, but is still fun to shoot.....I would recommend this gun for anyone looking to buy a pellet rifle beginner or not.
95a772e54729544941001b1b7c456d86.jpg

"Deadeye7498"About 8 years ago....I had a .177 crosman and loved it, I was routinely hitting apples at 200yds with crosman premier 8.9 gr(standard) hollow points before the spring gave out after around 4000 rounds.... I have been wanting another good rifle since...Last year, I saw the Beeman Silver Kodiak X2 at Wal-Mart(of all places) a few months before my pest issue started and kept eyeballing it knowing that eventually I would get one...when the varmints started showing up, I got the gun...I took it out of the box, read the manual, set it up and chambered it in .177 and was happy with the results after 100 rounds...after a few bugs that needed addressing ( scope creep, loosening mounts and screws, and trigger adjustments)...I was putting a ten shot group on a dime at 25yds...then I switched to .22 and got excited...got her sighted in with 14.3gr .22 crosman (standard) hollow points and couldn't stop smiling after the results...in .22 it sends the projectile slower ( around 800fps) than the .177( around 1000fps) but with almost double the power...accuracy was more unpredictable in .22 though...until my buddy bent my .22 barrel while we were shooting one day, for that, I had to get a second Beeman.....I set this gun up just in the same way, but with a better scope (3-9 × 40 centerpoint mildot scope).....this gun I kept in .22 only and is by far better than the first...the standard 14.3 crosman hollow points had consistency issues in terms of production tolerances and accuracy.. so I decided to test some different ammo....first I modified the standard hollow points with .177 BBs super glued to the tip (big mistake, no accuracy whatsoever).... next, I went with Gamo 15.1gr ballistic hollow points(decent accuracy, great shock effect and good expansion, pellets had issues when loading and wouldn't seat properly)...then, I got the 16.7gr Crosman Red Flight penetrator rounds (accurate, and get devastating penetration).
I then moved on to the 14.3gr crosman piranha premier MATCH GRADE hollow points (higher quality production tolerances, consistent when loading and perfect seating, great shock and expansion, and EXTREMELY ACCURATE!!!...I put a 12 shot group on a quarter at 100yds!!!)....as of right now I am testing the 18.5gr H&N Sport Baracuda Hunter Extreme match grade hollow points and the 25.3gr JSB Match Diabolo Ultra Shock Heavy hollow points ( I haven't tested them enough to make a determination yet)...other than testing ammo...I have also added an Acid Tactical Bipod and a Pinty laser sight which only add to the overall accuracy and consistency of the gun itself.....My other Beeman still has the stock scope and .177 barrel(still shoots great), and I cut down the .22 barrel to 9" long and reattached the muzzle brake...its less accurate, has half the muzzle velocity and is twice as loud, but is still fun to shoot.....I would recommend this gun for anyone looking to buy a pellet rifle beginner or not.
95a772e54729544941001b1b7c456d86.jpg
You sir are a phenomenal shot! I have a 12 pound 22-250 that will put five in a 3/8" circle at 100 but I don't know if it would keep 12 in a quarter at that distance.