• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My old Blue Streak is back in action!

Hi, everyone, I'm brand new to the forum, just signed up today. I have a mid 80"s Sheridan Silver Streak my brother gave me for Christmas. If ya'll don't mind I have a question.

I been trying to buy some MAC1 secret sauce valve oil & not getting anywhere fast. does anyone know where I could purchase a tube or bottle or if it's still available? If not what is the next best lube to use that don't deteriorate the seals ?

Thanks, Brian
Kind of looks like the website is down... maybe try calling him? (562) 961-6221

Hi, everyone, I'm brand new to the forum, just signed up today. I have a mid 80"s Sheridan Silver Streak my brother gave me for Christmas. If ya'll don't mind I have a question.

I been trying to buy some MAC1 secret sauce valve oil & not getting anywhere fast. does anyone know where I could purchase a tube or bottle or if it's still available? If not what is the next best lube to use that don't deteriorate the seals ?

Thanks, Brian

Hey Brian,

Tim isn't working as much as he used to, so he's hard to reach. He's still recovering from an accident.

You can make up your own sauce. I use a 40/60 mix of motorcycle fork oil and 80/90 gear oil. It works great and you get a lifetime supply with just two quarts!

Cheers,

J~

Reactions: Bandito
Hey Brian,

Tim isn't working as much as he used to, so he's hard to reach. He's still recovering from an accident.

You can make up your own sauce. I use a 40/60 mix of motorcycle fork oil and 80/90 gear oil. It works great and you get a lifetime supply with just two quarts!

Cheers,

J~
Thanks for the info ! That would give me about a 100 lifetimes supply 🤣

Somebody has to sell some of that MAC1 oil. 🤔

Spent a few minutes with the chronograph this morning and this is what I came up with;

JSB .20 cal 15.89 gr Exact Diabolo Heavy pellets;

2 pumps = 339 FPS 4.06 ft-lb

4 pumps = 468 FPS 7.73 ft-lb

6 pumps = 533 FPS 10.03 ft-lb

8 pumps = 583 FPS 12.00 ft-lb

10 pumps = 627 FPS 13.87 ft-lb

Stuck an old 3-7 Bushnell scope on it that looks sort of period correct. Got it pretty well dialed in at 25 yds once again shooting off of sticks and a bucket. The target was shot at 25 yards using 6 pumps. Don't know what happened on that low shot, it was shot number 4 and looked and felt good when it broke. Then shot number 5 was right back up in the main group. Of course the trigger is really bad, has to be like 6 or 8 pounds to break so that could be a contributor too. I'm really happy with the way this has turned out, it's like a trip down memory lane!

Chip

View attachment 118366 View attachment 118374 View attachment 118383
Thats awesome congratulations!

In the instruction manuals that came with the Sheridans they said to use 8 strokes maximum load.
If you put nine strokes in a properly functioning Sheridan, then recock the bolt and fire it, it would retain air. The idea was that retaining air over a period of shooting could lock the air chamber so that the hammer can't release the air. Pumping more and more as the gun gets weaker until it won't shoot at all.
In any event, when your Sheridan retains air, you would be one stroke past your maximum for your rifle. 👍

Does this rifle classify as a springer - I mean, is it hard on scopes?
No they are recoiless, just releasing the air.
You may have scope problems from pumping it up though. The best scope situation that I have found is to use a long eye relief pistol type scope mounted ahead of the pump stroke, like a scout rifle. Any other scope setup is bothersome for pumping.
20230225_230859.jpg

Reactions: Bandito and holo07
I'm new to the site here and joined to get info on the Benjamin Sheridan C9A. I got it from my brother who passed away. It looks just like the one in the bottom of the photo from crazyhorse. It has stopped holding air and leaks out through the barrel when it is pumped. Where is the best place to get a good rebuild kit for it?
Try taking the hammer pressure off of the valve when you pump it by cockiit first.
I've had some success flushing the valves with degreasing cleaner. People will put oil in the valves attracting dirt, which prohibits the valve from seating. A good flush can bring them back.
The pump typically has to be changed. They get rock hard.

Welcome to the site!

I'd try cocking it before pumping it and see if it takes/holds air when you do it that way. (I have an older one that sometimes has to be done that way.) If that doesn't work, then you might try spooning a couple of tablespoons of rubbing alcohol into the pump and cycling it through. Follow it up with a non-detergent oil and it may well seal back up. That's known as an alcohol flush and you can find videos on it.

Should you need parts and/or tools, Tim at Mac-1 Airguns will have what you need.

Luck,

J~
Don't oil the valve. If you follow Tim at Mac1 he says the same, and shows the air hole where Sheridan finally wrote "No Oil Here" on one of his videos. 👍
Screenshot_20240403_104419_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Im fixing one of these up right now as well.

Couple dumb questions if you dont mind:

Mine says "C- Series" but not "Blue Streak" : Are they still the same?

What is the plastic cover thing for in front of the breech?
I took a screenshot of your answer to C Series. That I'll share bellow.
Screenshot_20240403_104455_DuckDuckGo.jpg

The plastic pump handles "Hand Guard" were inroduced in 1963.

I have a connection to modern 3D printed hand guards that are for sale. BTW

My Sheridan studies don't go much past the mid seventies, but do I'll some researrch.
Heres a link to where I go for research.

I'm new to the site here and joined to get info on the Benjamin Sheridan C9A. I got it from my brother who passed away. It looks just like the one in the bottom of the photo from crazyhorse. It has stopped holding air and leaks out through the barrel when it is pumped. Where is the best place to get a good rebuild kit for it?
Mine a newer Bejamin model didn't respond to flushing so I replaced the valve.
I got my parts from Archer Airguns.

My dad bought me a Blue Streak in 1973. Fifteen years later it was plum worn down a new .20 R1 made the Sheridan go bye-bye. I had no idea then they could be rebuilt cheaply. Wish I had it back just to relive my youth with.
Fortunately I still have my Sheridan, but a thief made my .20 cal R1 go bye bye.

Last edited: