• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My old Blue Streak is back in action!

I decided that my 47 year old Blue Streak needed another chance to have a good life so I ordered a $32 repair kit from Mac1, made a couple of tools to get it apart, and in short order it was back in service. I bought the gun new in 1973 and I think it has been about 15 or 20 years since it held air and functioned. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean everything was when I got it apart. The pump cup was hard as a rock and I'm sure that was the main cause for it not working, but both of the valves were showing their age (dry and hard) so they got replaced too. The gun pumps up now and holds air indefinitely. Took it out in the back yard and shot it off shooting sticks and a bucket (hunter field target style) at 25 yards and it shot very well with it's original open sights. Of course now that I am much older than I was in 1973 I have to use my reading glasses just to see the open sights so the target was nothing but a blur. It brought back a lot of very good memories!

Chip

IMG_20201009_155405948.1602275236.jpg
Sheridan receipt.1602275259.jpg

Spent a few minutes with the chronograph this morning and this is what I came up with;

JSB .20 cal 15.89 gr Exact Diabolo Heavy pellets;

2 pumps = 339 FPS 4.06 ft-lb

4 pumps = 468 FPS 7.73 ft-lb

6 pumps = 533 FPS 10.03 ft-lb

8 pumps = 583 FPS 12.00 ft-lb

10 pumps = 627 FPS 13.87 ft-lb

Stuck an old 3-7 Bushnell scope on it that looks sort of period correct. Got it pretty well dialed in at 25 yds once again shooting off of sticks and a bucket. The target was shot at 25 yards using 6 pumps. Don't know what happened on that low shot, it was shot number 4 and looked and felt good when it broke. Then shot number 5 was right back up in the main group. Of course the trigger is really bad, has to be like 6 or 8 pounds to break so that could be a contributor too. I'm really happy with the way this has turned out, it's like a trip down memory lane!

Chip

IMG_20201010_140045626.1602354030.jpg
IMG_20201010_140101855.1602354060.jpg
IMG_20201010_135655991.1602354075.jpg

This is an exciting revelation from the 70's with your Blue Streak .20!

My dad had the Silver Streak .20 and I had the Benjamin 322 .22 bolt pneumatic. I used about 8 strokes on the Benji in .22 and 6 on the .20 Silver Streak to get about the same trajectory and accuracy. 

Later on I felt both rifles were just simply the best to own because I did go above these standard strokes to the factory limited strokes (I remember the Sheridan rifle executive printing in words in the manual if you needed more than 8 strokes on the Sheridan then use your .22 LR or .30-06) to enjoy their consistency at the pumped levels. They have no vibration or recoil and act like PCPs.

But the .20 IS my favorite air rifle caliber and Sheridan started it!

I'm new to the site here and joined to get info on the Benjamin Sheridan C9A. I got it from my brother who passed away. It looks just like the one in the bottom of the photo from crazyhorse. It has stopped holding air and leaks out through the barrel when it is pumped. Where is the best place to get a good rebuild kit for it?

Welcome to the site!

I'd try cocking it before pumping it and see if it takes/holds air when you do it that way. (I have an older one that sometimes has to be done that way.) If that doesn't work, then you might try spooning a couple of tablespoons of rubbing alcohol into the pump and cycling it through. Follow it up with a non-detergent oil and it may well seal back up. That's known as an alcohol flush and you can find videos on it.

Should you need parts and/or tools, Tim at Mac-1 Airguns will have what you need.

Luck,

J~

I'm new to the site here and joined to get info on the Benjamin Sheridan C9A. I got it from my brother who passed away. It looks just like the one in the bottom of the photo from crazyhorse. It has stopped holding air and leaks out through the barrel when it is pumped. Where is the best place to get a good rebuild kit for it?
I got my rebuild parts from MAC1 airgun in California. There are a couple of different rebuild kits depending on the vintage of your rifle so it would be good to call or Email him with specific information on your gun so you get the right stuff. Below is a link to one of the kits they sell to give you an idea of what comes i the kit. Good luck with your adventure, your brother will be smiling when you get his old gun shooting again!

Reactions: Bandito
Hi, everyone, I'm brand new to the forum, just signed up today. I have a mid 80"s Sheridan Silver Streak my brother gave me for Christmas. If ya'll don't mind I have a question.

I been trying to buy some MAC1 secret sauce valve oil & not getting anywhere fast. does anyone know where I could purchase a tube or bottle or if it's still available? If not what is the next best lube to use that don't deteriorate the seals ?

Thanks, Brian