My newest acquisitions have depleted my slush fund.

I realize you guys have seen hundreds of photos of other folks guns and I am sure some of you get tired of us newbies posting our new acquisitions, but we just want to share our excitement. So here is a photo of my two newest. They both are terrific shooters and I believe I enjoy shooting both equally as well.

DSC04689-1.1634837572.JPG

Just curious as to why the grain and coloration is only on the butt section?

Nature of the wood. All the irregular figure stops in the grip area of the stock. There is a little bit on the receiver section on the other side of the gun but after that the grain all turns straight. That is what is great about wood stocks. Each one is different. Finding one with that much figure is quite desirable.

bertman77mk2, I purchased them from fellow airgun shooters. The TX200 was only two weeks old and had been shot less than 50 times. It was originally purchased by an older man who decided it was too difficult for him to cock so he sold it. I was in the right place at the right time. The HW97K I bought from another individual less than two weeks ago. It too is in like new condition.

About that slush fund. It's getting pretty cold out to rent your house out and stay in a tent in the back yard so maybe stay in the garage? ;^) You just gotta have slush fund money for the addiction.

Congrats on a couple of beautiful guns you have there.

Several months back I sold my camper and purchased a storage building. I have built a front porch, insulated, paneled, and installed an AC in the storage building and turned part of it into my little work shop and man cave. I suppose I could stay out there but there is no bathroom. :)

It will take some time but I will eventually get my slush fund back to where I like it to be. I just need to slow down and stop looking at airgun classifieds for awhile. :) Believe me I have been down this road before having shot traditional archery for over 50 years. I have my share of custom recurves.