Airforce My New Wood Stock Design For Airforce Texans

I have been working on this new design/ build for a while and finally have all the tooling done and the parts made to complete it. New stock design, new recoil pad, new cheek riser, and the new M-lok rail. It also incorporates my recoil lug mount that connects the stock to the rifle, which you can not see and my carbon fiber nylon trigger guard.

kDGtSvH.jpg

Kg7FXiK.jpg

FlFVB2z.jpg

LsoXBue.jpg

YSBhH9m.jpg

6xolL5K.jpg

CAr6P3W.jpg

tx7skV7.jpg

The older thumb hole stock will still be available. I incorporated the recoil lug mount that connects the stock to the rifle in the TH design, which really simplified mounting the stock. I also incorporated the carbon fiber nylon trigger guard, which makes the stocks compatible with both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Airforce trigger guard rifles. It is just a matter of swapping the Airforce trigger guard for mine.

This is the older design as a thumb hole stock.
airforce-texan-stock-custom-green-mountain-camo-laminated-wood-stock-by-diamond-gun-stocks-img-8482-2_orig.jpg

dzYy5Hl.jpg

The new BR stock design
kDGtSvH.jpg

The older thumb hole stock will still be available. I incorporated the recoil lug mount that connects the stock to the rifle in the TH design, which really simplified mounting the stock. I also incorporated the carbon fiber nylon trigger guard, which makes the stocks compatible with both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Airforce trigger guard rifles. It is just a matter of swapping the Airforce trigger guard for mine.

This is the older design as a thumb hole stock.
airforce-texan-stock-custom-green-mountain-camo-laminated-wood-stock-by-diamond-gun-stocks-img-8482-2_orig.jpg

dzYy5Hl.jpg

The new BR stock design
kDGtSvH.jpg
like the old style better , just me .

Reactions: Loren
I have been working on this new design/ build for a while and finally have all the tooling done and the parts made to complete it. New stock design, new recoil pad, new cheek riser, and the new M-lok rail. It also incorporates my recoil lug mount that connects the stock to the rifle, which you can not see and my carbon fiber nylon trigger guard.

kDGtSvH.jpg

Kg7FXiK.jpg

FlFVB2z.jpg

LsoXBue.jpg

YSBhH9m.jpg

6xolL5K.jpg

CAr6P3W.jpg

tx7skV7.jpg
Thats sweet!!!

@Loren These look great! For members not familiar with your work, can you tell us what the benefits of affixing one of your stocks would be? Where can they be purchased?
I let a life long powder burner shoot my texan that had one of Lorens stocks on it, he looked at me and said in 40 years of shooting that was the most comfortable rifle he had ever shot.

Reactions: Loren
@Loren These look great! For members not familiar with your work, can you tell us what the benefits of affixing one of your stocks would be? Where can they be purchased?
In factory form the recoil load on the Airforce rifles reacts back through the chassis to the tank to your shoulder. This creates some flex in the action/chassis, which is not the best for accuracy. I started using a recoil lug that attaches to chassis forward of the rifle action and trigger group. It clamps to the chassis and takes all the recoil load of the rifle into the stock and back to the recoil pad/shoulder. This eliminates the chassis flex completely from the recoil load going through the tank and tank butt plate, which will improve accuracy. I also set the chassis down into the stock vs. perching it on top of the stock. I think that looks better and makes the chassis stiffer too. Win win.

Recoil Lug
6oXxbqK.jpg

Attachment Screws
m5Q8tfg.jpg

I think it works. :)