My New Wildcat mk3 BT Compact

My first $1k+ PCP was a first gen Wildcat. It was an amazing bullpup. Very accurate out of the box and it fit me well. The reason I moved on was it seemed unbalanced (top heavy). In retrospect it probably wasn’t the Wildcat but my choice of scope! Like many of us I started on a quest for the “perfect PCP”. After owning various PCPs I found I gravitate to my Leshiy Classic for a just pick it up, go out the back door and shoot for fun because it was light and compact. So, for the last 6 months I have been looking for a small light .22 bullpup that was magazine feed. My first choice was a Edgun Lelya but they seem to always be out of stock and with the world situation probably will not be in stock anytime soon. I was up on the Utah Airgun web site last week and noticed FX had come out with a new version of the Wildcat mk3 compact and I just ordered it. Received it today and am very happy with my decision. It isn’t the “perfect PCP” (I really don’t think one exists) but it looks like it is going to meet my requirements for a small light multi-shot bullpup.

I Mounted Optisan CP 3-12x32p scope but haven’t zeroed it yet. Also mounted Donny FL Sumo. The Wildcat is as it came out of box with ~ 220 bar in tank, reg set at ~120 bar, and hammer at 7. Just cleaned barrel, replaced barrel o-rings with carbon fiber barrel sleeve and shot a string for record.

Altitude – 7023 ft

Temperature – 55 degrees F

Barometric pressure – 29.65 InHg

First 18 shots out of box with 25.39gr JSB Jumbo Monster pellets.

Average – 797

Spread – 84

STD Dev – 20.3

I’ll be testing various weight and brands of pellets to get a baseline. Once I get a better understanding of this bullpup I’ll tune for the pellets it likes best. Looks like a fun month or two ahead as I experiment.

Here is a bad picture

Wildcat 1.1648758058.jpg

Long-Gun-Dallas - I was curious how the factory set it up so I haven't adjusted anything on the gun. I'm guessing it was initially setup for 18gr pellets. After I test different pellets with the out of the box setup I will go through the setup procedure for both regulators so I have a known baseline to work from. I agree 50 fpe should be within it's capability.

Ranchibi - Thanks!

OK guys I just shot another string with 18.13 JSB Jumbo Heavy's. All I did is fill gun to 250 bar and shot another string. Looks like it was setup for 18.13 gr pellets as I thought (regulators seem to be working). Getting late so will do more testing tomorrow.

Second magazine with 18.13 gr JSB Jumbo Heavy

Average – 928

Spread – 12

STD Dev – 2.3

That Optisan CP scope should keep that Wildcat light and not so top heavy. I have one on my Leshiy2 . My Wildcat BT just shipped from Utah. I got theVp in .30. Going to be my slug gun for groundhogs out to 100+ yards and what ever isn’t welcome on my property. I want to keep my Leshiy compact for small game and pest control around the house. 

I meant to update yesterday but I found out we have an airgun shop near me (Airgun-Outdoors in Parker, Colorado). Went up to Parker yesterday to visit it and this morning because they were hosting a get together this morning. The owner is Travis Peacock and he has a good selection of airguns. If you live in Denver or Colorado Springs it is very handy. His web site is Airgun-Outdoors.com.

Today I tried hammer spring settings at 6 and 5. Also shot two targets.

Third magazine with 18.13 gr JSB Jumbo Heavy – Hammer Adjuster at 6

Average – 920

Spread – 9

STD Dev – 2.2

Altitude – 7023 ft

Temperature – 68 degrees F

Barometric pressure – 29.72 InHg

Target at 30yds dot = 1”

Wildcat 3.1648937069.jpg

Fourth magazine with 18.13 gr JSB Jumbo Heavy – Hammer Adjuster at 5

Average – 887

Spread – 16