• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My new Wildcat mk2 crazy accurate long range shooting! (.177)

1544131921_11146108295c099551e9edf6.45321024_088956BC-28E6-4199-930D-5A7DE6FF50FF.jpeg
1544131922_13938628135c099552161069.02933912_642136C2-B73E-404E-93D8-A97B3CB10FFD.jpeg
1544125721_17844427765c097d19352ce0.35759220_34CE0FD6-279E-44C9-A9A6-B8E90A703F49.jpeg
1544125749_3803011455c097d35f10f38.01536789_075AD826-B805-48CB-8903-925DC01BB800.jpeg
hi

i don’t know how to start this topic, I am so happy and lost for words!!😆

i got my Wildcat mk2.177 about 1.5 week ago and I have shot it and getting used to it, and it became clear quickly that this little gun is very accurate! I have only shot it at 20m and 30meters and if I can keep it steady it shoots hole in hole.

today I took it out to a friend of mine to stretch it out and see how it does at longer ranges.. I started at 30m (32 yards) to check my zero and again no problem I then tried 40m ( 43 yards) and I was fighting it there.. it kept shooting to the right even though my bubble was centered. I shot some more and tilted the bubble to get it to shoot straight.

after that I took my field target bunny and set it at 60m (65 yards) and I shot it to know how much I should hold over. The spinner to raise the target is about 1inch and could hit it fine. I must say that i was really happy with that as i didn’t think I would hit it at that distance.

it started raining and the wind picked up a little and I was about to call it a day, wenn I started to play with my range finder to find objects at 100meters I ranged a tree at 101meter (110 yards) and I thought what the hell I will give it a go for fun.. put op my target and went back and started shooting I was guessing hold over because I haven’t made a range card yet. Shot 5 shots and walked to the target , no pellets in the target but about 8 inches lower I found the 5 shots in a group on about 2 inches! I was like wtf! I didn’t even think there would be a group at that distance with a .177 cal so I could feel the blood start pumping and I got eager to shoot again and I hurried back. Because I almost ran back my hart rate was high so I was fighting the gun to keep it still. I turned down power from 18 to 16 on my scope and at that time I forgot that’s a no go on a sfp scope, I started shooting again and the wind had picked up again. 5 shots hurried down to the target and only to pellets on target in the top corner.. disappointed i took the target down and started walking back, wenn I saw my ft bunny hmm I mounted the paper target on the bunny and took my range finder and set it at 96m (104 yards) now wenn shooting I will have the wind straight from my back. As I walked back i remembered about sfp scope and not to turn power up or down, so I turned it back to 18 power and took aim.. first shot I could see white getting turned out in the center of the target! Wtf!! I calmed my self down it must be a mistake I thought maybe the rain was playing tricks on my 👀.. next shot whit paper again! Now I was sure I was hitting center! I took on shot more but I couldn’t see where that hit.. again one shot white paper at center again! Now I was so pumped that I started shaking like crazy 😝 and shots started landing all over the place..

i have attached 2 pictures of the target. The first picture I measured the holes wit the biggest distance between then a little over 3 inches and number 2 pictures the group is under an inch!! So if I haven’t freaked out and started shaking I could have shot a group under an inch at 104 yards!! With a 177 cal. That is so crazy and I still can’t believe it and I’m still pumped even though it’s 3 hours ago!!

im sorry this topic got longer than I meant it to be, but I wanted to try and explain how felt and I know you guys know how crazy this is with a .177 cal rifle

i sent a picture to my brother of the group and all I got back was a thumbs up! Dumb ass!😄

and I hope you can understand my poor English..

Nice buddy!!

:)

You can change magnification no problem....you just have to understand how that affects the amount you hold for elevation and wind. A Ballistic Calculator app on your phone will help a lot with this.

I don't know what kind of reticle you have, but and easy way to have shots land near a target you want to measure, is to calculate how much drop you have at 100yds, then place an aiming dot or something that distance above the target you want to measure on.

This way you can hold crosshairs on the dot......easier than holding over on the reticle. Also, if you have target turrets on your scope, you can just dial in the elevation and hold crosshairs.

Nice buddy!!

You can change magnification no problem....you just have to understand how that affects the amount you hold for elevation and wind. A Ballistic Calculator app on your phone will help a lot with this.

I don't know what kind of reticle you have, but and easy way to have shots land near a target you want to measure, is to calculate how much drop you have at 100yds, then place an aiming dot or something that distance above the target you want to measure on.

This way you can hold crosshairs on the dot......easier than holding over on the reticle. Also, if you have target turrets on your scope, you can just dial in the elevation and hold crosshairs.

A better alternative is to get an FFP scope with a Christmas tree type reticle. Don't have to worry about what mag setting you are on, and holdovers are a breeze with Christmas tree type reticles. 

Nice buddy!!

Hi Bob

my reticle is the 20x1/2 mildot.

i have downloaded StrelokPro but to honest I can’t figure out how to use it. I’ll try to se if I can find someone on YouTube that explain how to set it up and use it😊

normally I take it in 10m steps wenn learning my hold over, and that’s no problem. It was tricky to day because I jumped from 60m to 100 meters but now I know my hold overs 😊

the one one thing I couldn’t figure out, was why it shoots to the right past 30meters, I was careful wenn setting it up and made sure everything was level, could it be scope rings?

Nice buddy!!

A better alternative is to get an FFP scope with a Christmas tree type reticle. Don't have to worry about what mag setting you are on, and holdovers are a breeze with Christmas tree type reticles.

I bought my first scope with mildot and since then I have bought scopes with mildot because I’m used to them. It’s not long ago I bought my first scope and i didn’t even know what FFP scope was at the time.

i bought a Hawke sidewinder 30 8-32x56 20x1/2 mildot with the wildcat to get the extra zoom and more light, and to day I found out, that I actually like to shoot 16x zoom, so need to buy a scope with that much zoom. I learn something new every day in this hobby 

Let me know if you would like me to walk you through setting it up.

Here's a pic of the screen where you can adjust the magnification with just a slider.

1544133681_17562845005c099c3172da94.67992851_Screenshot_20181206-170028.png

Nice! Thanks Bob!

i will let you know if can’t figure it out 😊

i think i almost got one rifle setup in StrelokPro, but I think I missed something here and there. I can’t find twist rate on my wildcat any where, and I don’t know how important that is? If it is important I’ll try to contact FX to get the right twist rate

Reactions: DarthMaul
That is some fine shooting at 110 yards using a 177. It is capable out to 125-140 yards if it is a very calm day shooting outdoors.

CA

Yes, to me it’s unbelievable!

right now the weather is not allowing to shoot my Wildcat, rain and windy weather for next few weeks👎🏻

But im looking forward to a day with no wind at all,then I’ll test how far out I can shoot it and still produce a nice group 😝