• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My new to me Sheridan

I picked up this Sheridan a couple of months ago from an older gentleman that was the original owner. It looks good and shoots the same.

IMG_20230623_130258.jpg

He probably did, but I was so excited I can't remember.

Hahahaha! I would have been excited too! Were the pellets in a yellow or red box?

Post some more detailed pictures and we'll figure out the year. If it has a serial number it will be easy.

Benjamin and Sheridan shared a lot of tech back in the day. Both are fine air-arms.

J~

Hahahaha! I would have been excited too! Were the pellets in a yellow or red box?

Post some more detailed pictures and we'll figure out the year. If it has a serial number it will be easy.

Benjamin and Sheridan shared a lot of tech back in the day. Both are fine air-arms.

J~

J~
Here are a few more pics, the pellets are Benjamin branded.

IMG_20230623_190828.jpg

IMG_20230623_190801.jpg

IMG_20230623_190736.jpg

Thanks.

Here's where that one falls in the timeline. I'll post the link where I found it below.

"Rear Sight now attached with 2 set screws. (June 1961 - May 1971) 1962 - One change. Hand Guard introduced
1963 - One change. Rocker Safety introduced. (Feb 1963)
1964 - Two changes. Inspection dates now stamped (backwards and alphabetically) on the left side of the receiver.
(Jan 1964 - Apr 1972). Front sight changed to a large forward serrated ramp style 1964 - 1977)
1965 - No changes 1966 - No changes 1967 - One change. Trigger guard now attached by two rivets
1968 - Two change. Grooves removed from the Receiver (now smooth flattop receiver).
(Mar 1968 - Feb 1978). Curved bolt handle now welded to bolt. 1969 - No changes 1970 - No changes
1971 - Two changes. Left-handed version introduced (Jul 1971) ( Approx 400 made). Rear sight now clip-on attachment.
(April 1971) 1972 - Two changes. Stamped Serial numbers introduced ( 000001 - 025650)."

Very cool! You've got the rocker safety, a clipped on rear sight, plastic handguard, flat top grooved receiver, and a shallow hole in the bolt handle. I can't see if there's a tiny number on the left side of the receiver. Looks like there might be an F there. I'm thinking that it must be a late-sixties model. But I can't be certain unless I can see the serial number. It should be tiny and next to the loading port on the left side. It will be backwards.

J~

I have three now. I bought my 72, in 72, and it has been everywhere with me. I never stopped shooting it.
I recently picked up a 1955 at a pawn shop in Oklahoma Citk Ok. That one was $199 + $15 SH, in non working condition. I repaired it and shot it within 45 minutes of the Fedex trucks departure.
It was only the pump plunger, and I had one lying here from one I was rebuilding. It is different and awesome.
The other one, a Silverstreak that I affectionately call the Dumpster Queen. That I have a major repair to do on, that involves making and soldering repair parts. I got that on FB marketplace $80.20230429_104309.jpg

20230425_113512.jpg

I have a Sheridan that I've owned since 1987 that I had a Coast to Coast store order me. The 20 calibers is a great hunting pellet. When I lived in Idaho for 9 years. I would go out shooting whistle pigs. Funny but true and that you can hit the ground squirrels with the 22 long rifle and sometimes it's still crawls away. I would smack one with my Sheridan and they would drop dead on the spot using the original trash can looking ammo.

Reactions: .20calguy