My new Streamline....I hate UPS!!!

That sucks man . I feel your pain my Crown arrived broken as well , its replacement arrives today finally . I certainly hope you get taken care of in a timely manner . Gotta wonder though this seems to be a very common problem with FX rifles . The card board box mine came in didn`t have a scratch on it , mkes you wonder if they arent going for form over function as John mentioned above with theses stocks . Anyway hope it gets sorted quickly for you .

UA emailed me a return label right away.

I called and asked if there was an option for me to try the rifle (with my synthetic 22 stock) to see if would shoot straight and then just get sent a new stock. And they said yes, to let them know how it goes. They said I could send it back no problem if it doesn't.

So I just swapped it over and put a scope on it. It's held air just fine for the last several hours. Im going to sight it in shortly and if all goes well, I'll take it to the farm with me tonight for a full day of shooting tomorrow. Any problems are likely to manifest themselves at some point between now and then.

If it goes down tonorrow, I'll have the 22 to swap back in so I don't lose a day of pesting.

As posted earlier you would be amazed at the amount of force needed to crack laminated plywood. With a baseball type swing I don't think I could get that crack if I swung at a wall using the forend like a bat. good luck with the gun. Looking forward to future vids. You get cracks like in the wooden pistol grip, first as a hairline crack that goes unnoticed. Another way is wood was machined while it still has a high moisture content. It's finished then the moisture in the wood is subject to movement, a gun sitting in a case in a sub freezing car then brought into the warmth of the house. Same thing in reverse gun bakes in hot car with sealed wood moisture has nowhere to go and pop.

I don't know if they Chrono it, but when I talked with them on the phone at the time of order, they said they would tune it before shipping it in the morning. 

Thee barrel was dirty when I cleaned it. I also ordered an extra mag and tin of pellets, and they were in the box with the rifle, so for sure the box was opened to put those items in whether they actually tuned it or not. I'm sure they didn't knowingly ship me a rifle in that condition.

I mounted a scope and sighted it in at 7 yards in my basement.....it was the best I could do today. Here's the target with 13 shots in 0.14" . Oh, check out the dent in the tin of pellets. It's all set to go tonight so I will get a chance tomorrow at the farm to put at least 50 pellets through it.

If it can't hold a group at longer distances or has any issue at all, it will go back Friday with the return label I have.

1522279346_3145219375abc23b26bc972.67731639_IMG_20180328_183342385_LL.jpg
1522279346_4387183755abc23b29b0355.20163344_IMG_20180328_180536708_LL.jpg

I bet it was thrown around pretty hard during shipping then. I noticed my streamlines box was just long enough for the gun to fit in with no padding between the butt pad and box. That box was slid into a larger box with packing peanuts. But when I opened the outer box the FX box was against the very end with no packing materiel between the two. Meaning if the outer box took any impact on that end, the gun would receive all of the force. 
That stock looks to me like the box was dropped or hit hard on its end. Forcing the two laminate layers to slide apart.
Scratch the idea of it coming apart between the layers. I took another look at the pictures and that appears to be against the grain. It had to take a heck of a hit.

So, a few lifetimes ago, I used to work for UPS inside the hub. Loading, Unloading, and Sorting. Let’s just say, you really don’t want to know how your boxes get handled. Frankly, I don’t know HTF anything at all gets to Us in one piece. 
I would have to guess that happened during transport while loaded on the truck. Everything gets packed into the trucks like Lego bricks. Building walls. That box had to be laying flat on a fulcrum with a large load on top at the right place, truck hits a pothole, the whole wall jumps up, then down, end of story. 

I too am sorry this happened. With UPS the shipper has to file the claim. I am sure you took pics of the box and such.
When my Crown came last week the box was a little damaged I ask the driver note it, He said let look it over now and we did!
Did it come in a hard case? That should show damage as well. UA should just replace it and fight it out with UPS.
I'm with Tom I wouldn't touch it other than box it back exactly as it came. UA is going to want it back.
Good Luck Bob.

No, it didn't come in a hard case. Just a cardboard box with a foam layer only on the bottom and foam pieces on top. Then it was put in an outer shipping box with some padding on two sides. The stock is untouched except for where it broke.

It seems logical that if it was dropped on the butt end, that could have caused the break. Also makes sense about the fulcrum explanation. One or both things happened.

UA sent me a return label no questions asked. When I called, they gave me verbal okay to try it out to see if there are any problems with it. I'll get at least 50 shots off tomorrow at the farm and if I can't hit anything with it, it's going back. If there are any issues with it, it's going back. 

At this point I have nothing to lose by trying it. If I need to send it back, I'll have something for a replacement by next weekend. I have to work all next week so I won't feel like I'm being robbed if I have to send it out.

I'm hoping for a raccoon or two tonight and lots of pest birds tomorrow!!

I was actually thinking that if I get to keep that damage stock that I would contact Boyd's custom gun stocks to see if they could use it as a template and make me a laminated stock.

I had one of their stocks on a Savage B mag and it was definitely a work of art. If they can make a stock for the Streamline I would have different styles to choose from as well as colors and I would have a one-of-a-kind streamline then.

"Bob_O"I was actually thinking that if I get to keep that damage stock that I would contact Boyd's custom gun stocks to see if they could use it as a template and make me a laminated stock.
I had one of their stocks on a Savage B mag and it was definitely a work of art. If they can make a stock for the Streamline I would have different styles to choose from as well as colors and I would have a one-of-a-kind streamline then.
If Boyd won't, try Richards Microfit. I talked to a person there a couple of years ago and she said they could inlet a stock to fit any gun with pictures and precise measurements. 

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/

I got a refurbished compressor from Pyramid Air. It was dented in the frame area, that's all, and was shipped by UPS. I was told they do not use that carrier anymore. You guess what carrier that was. You have a 50-50 chance of being correct. Lol! I have never seen UPS with a hand truck and my guess once it gets over a certain weight, like a compressor, the handlers move it any way they can. Maybe rolling it is acceptable. I have mine mounted on a Harbor Freight furniture dolly. 

"markT"Where do baggage handles go when they get laid off? UPS.. or vise versa.
even with the layers of wood in the same direction with glue.. that rifle took a hit.. could have been a heavy package fell when a truck made a turn and impacted perfectly.. no way would I accept that rifle.. you paid for defect free, factory new.. you deserve what you paid for. 
I was looking for a Streamline and one website said " starting at $899" I looked closer and it was a refurbished model.. didn't appreciate the bait and switch.. refurbished models need to be in a separate area.. IMO. 
anyway, hope u get it resolved, you got critters to kill..

Years ago, in my early 20s, I briefly worked for UPS. It was the worst job I've ever had. There was a reason the starting pay was more than twice the minimum wage, they only worked you 4 hours a day and you only saw 18 to 29 year olds doing the job. I was literately pouring sweat out of my work boots every day, after I unloaded semi trucks full of packages onto a conveyor belt. I didn't care how the packages fell, which side was up, or if anything got damaged. I can assure you that if the words "Fragile" or "Handle with Care" are written on the package, the unloaders pay no attention to them, because they aren't given enough time to do so. They had a taskmaster walking around constantly yelling at everyone that they needed to unload a full semi-truck trailer in 1 hour. I had a good idea how a Roman slave felt chained in the bowels of a war galley, only things missing were a cadence drummer, and the head of UPS yelling, "Unload well and live". Also I wasn't chained to the trailer and the taskmaster didn't have a whip, but I'm sure if UPS thought they could get away with it, they would have. I lasted for 3 long weeks during a Phoenix AZ Summer before I decided it wasn't the career path that I wanted to take.

"cahil_2"Bob, if you can afford it get a Royale or wildcat instead, you won’t regret it.
Thank you Sir, you must have read my mind!! I presented a couple of options to UA for a replacement. I told them I didn't want a direct replacement and that I don't want anything to do with a laminate stock from FX, as pretty as they are.