Beeman My new ( somewhat) R7

I bought this Air Venturi stamped Beeman R7 last year and was planning on posting some
pics then but had lots going on in my life. Paid $303 to my door for it. Just got the BKL one
piece droop mount that did require modification as the turret block on my Hawke 4-32 scope was
hitting the top of the mount. Which is common with this BKL mount. Next I'd like a rear sight
cover to cover the screw holes and the unsightly pin. Probably look for a muzzle brake
as well. Nice shooter and the R7's are very pleasant to shoot. Strong shooter as well.

JSB 7.33gr 670's FPS
Air Arms 7.33gr. 680's FPS

20231029_130132.jpg

20231029_130004.jpg

20231029_130012.jpg

20231029_130112.jpg

Last edited:
I think most remove the pin and size up furniture hole type plugs to fill the holes ..
th-4001161744.jpg

There was grub screws around but in USA I don't know who has any anymore.

You'll get a lot of chime in here on that anyway on ideas

P.S!!!

Don't loose that pin. 😉

Maybe some tips

Last edited:
I think most remove the pin and size up furniture hole type plugs to fill the holes ..
View attachment 401159

There was grub screws around but in USA I don't know who has any anymore.

You'll get a lot of chime in here on that anyway on ideas

P.S!!!

Don't loose that pin. 😉

Maybe some tips

Sounds like that pin isn't a tight press fit. I'll remove that pin and take you up on your
suggestion on plugging the holes.

Well should be plenty on what to do on them sight holes around in most all forums .. it becomes a pick one you like and try it .. there was some nice brass plugs / grubs one time maybe still over in the uk shops .. them plastic or rubber plugs probably easy to get at a Lowes or home Depot in the hoge poge bin Isle for cheap..

Anyway good looking gun ..

Enjoy😉

Well should be plenty on what to do on them sight holes around in most all forums .. it becomes a pick one you like and try it .. there was some nice brass plugs / grubs one time maybe still over in the uk shops .. them plastic or rubber plugs probably easy to get at a Lowes or home Depot in the hoge poge bin Isle for cheap..

Anyway good looking gun ..

Enjoy😉
Thx ! I'll check my hardware store for those. Wonder if the plugs on a BIC pen would fit ?

Sounds like that pin isn't a tight press fit. I'll remove that pin and take you up on your
suggestion on plugging the holes.
Sometimes I use an Albrecht keyless chuck to pull those pins out.
Another way is I made soft jaws for pliers out of thick aluminum sheet metal, Those are handy. Don't leave marks on steel.

Sometimes I use an Albrecht keyless chuck to pull those pins out.
Another way is I made soft jaws for pliers out of thick aluminum sheet metal, Those are handy. Don't leave marks on steel.
How snug is that plug in there Karl ? If it's a typical 001-002 " press fit it could be a bugger
getting out. I don't want to mar the top of the breech block.

Hard to tell from a side picture. That gun looks straight enough to use regular rings.
No !...I had 18 clicks up (zeroed scope) and shooting 1.5 " low at 12 ft. At 30' I was hitting 2.25" low. I
could have ran my vertical up 20‐30 clicks but I don't like to run any adjustment that much.
More so on horizontal, but running any scopes adjustments out to far can cause problems
with holding zero.

Last edited:
How snug is that plug in there Karl ? If it's a typical 001-002 " press fit it could be a bugger
getting out. I don't want to mar the top of the breech block.
Some come right out. Others a little snug. Not really what I would call an interference fit. I'm just not the kinda guy that uses unprotected pliers on that sort of thing. It's just that I have Albrecht chucks handy in my shop so that's what I've used before.

Some come right out. Others a little snug. Not really what I would call an interference fit. I'm just not the kinda guy that uses unprotected pliers on that sort of thing. It's just that I have Albrecht chucks handy in my shop so that's what I've used before.
I don't have that option you have. What I'll probably do is use my leather punch and punch a
1/8" ( or whatever size that pin is) hole in electrical tape and place it over the pin. Maybe two
layers. Then use the electrical tape and cover the breech block in the immediate area. Rather
than regular pliers I have a 8" pair of Linesman pliers that should allow for a firm grip. I even
thought ( if need be) of using a wart freeze spray and just hit the tip of the pin just in an attempt
to get some contraction of the pin. Just a thought. If I did that I'd make sure the rest of the rifle
was protected from overspray.

I read a guy made a plate that basically was like the rear sight base with out the blade part. .. no picture on that . I guess doable. With that I guess the pins no issue and not out to get lost when reneeded someday. Then good luck finding another ..

Whoop!!!

Here's a guy making one for a different gun , but it the idea that counts

Last edited:
A hand tightened drill chuck on a portable drill should work. Or even a chuck with a key but not as easy/handy to tighten.
Tape will do very little if anything, but pens like that are usually hardened so pliers probably won’t actually hurt anything.
We always prefer to leave no trace when we work on anything.
The tape will prevent the end of the plier from scuffing the breech block top. I do have a Dewalt 18V
cordless drill but it's a keyless chuck.

Ya...with cphp 7.9 I think I'm about 850 .
R9 .177. Heck ain't cronied it since April. I think last ot settled at that with them pellets..
Does your 124 produce better velocity with AA pellets versus the JSB's ?
Mine shoots the JSB 8.4 @797 fps versus 810 fps for the same weight AA.
And both are equally accurate.