My new rifle showed up friday, the sturgeonmatic! latest and greatest in PCP goodness!

So as some of you saw, my new sturgeonmatic showed up friday and what a delightful treat it was today.

As promised I took the rifle out and shot it today after a nice hike with Peri, I shot it at 60 yards and 100 yards

The weather today was less than ideal, 26* and with snow on the way before shooting , the wind was hectic, 1 second it would be a head wind, next tail, then from the right and then from the left, all good though, over here at fridge alley in lovely north east connecticut we are not fair weather shooters! This beard keeps the chin warm like a perfect chin mitten should.

Without further a-do , the sturgeonmatic!!

It showed up with many other pellets, targets, a couple sets of rings and a nice Hawke Vantage 4-16x44 (first sfp scope I have used in a LONGGGGGGGGGG time)

Screenshot_20221210_034815_Instagram.jpg

What is the sturgeonmatic you may ask? its a tradition long rifle in .25 caliber shooting 25.39 jsb, nice wood stock, bolt action repeater... upon receival I did clean the bore, my oh my was it filthy.

Resized_20221209_184351 (1).jpeg

Here is the chrono results out of the box with a tiny HST adjustment
Resized_Screenshot_20221210_162311_FX_Radar.jpeg

Not too bad right? 40 ft lbs, with more left in the tank

So I did have a pellet jam which caused the breech oring to come out, had to fix that with the keys in my pocket in the middle of the "cold" , then the zeroing commenced at 35 yards ( always zero there, not sure why I just like it )

First shot group is 9 at 60...

Resized_20221210_162406 (1).jpeg

The next group is @ 101 yards exactly, now keep in mind, weather today was not optimal so I have to say for 9 shots on one and 5 shots on the other both these groups are excellent!

Resized_20221211_131204(1).jpeg
Resized_20221211_125356.jpeg

I really think all 3 groups could have been better, I think with tuning the Sturgeonmatic could be phenomenal... thoroughly impressed especially with the release of the fux123 and the pantera it was really a tough choice but I believe I made the right one.

Here is what the Sturgeonmatic really is and I have to say, I am blown away, tried and true, not my typical choice and I had so much fun with it this rifle is sticking around!!!

Resized_20221209_173721 (1).jpeg
Resized_20221211_132920.jpeg

That really is a handsome looking rifle. Excellent accuracy if you ask me. Guessing it could only get better with some leading in and things settling in.

So, the rifle is staying, but, is it keeping it’s now infamous name??
After that lead in ??? I vote that the OP keeps this airgun's crafty name.
Afterall I dubbed my recent Marauder purchase... SynRod which is awful in comparison.
Let us know she shoots in the future.

Ha! That's a hilarious post! Nice catch! Very nice Marauder and great pics! Never caught a W. sturg before but they are a cartilagenous species, so, do they taste like shark?
Thank you very much! I am actually thrilled that this rifle looks, feels, and shoots how it does. The one thing it lacks dreadfully is shot count. Its refill every mag. However Benjamin designed this rifle for power/hunting so I get it. I do feel with a tune as well as something like Jsars dual spring kit I could get 2 mags a fill which would be 100% acceptable to me. I have only ever eaten sturgeon jerky and that was many years ago during my time at the papermills in minnesota where the mill wrights would fish for them on their lunch breaks from the roofs of the mill.

That really is a handsome looking rifle. Excellent accuracy if you ask me. Guessing it could only get better with some leading in and things settling in.

So, the rifle is staying, but, is it keeping it’s now infamous name??

Isn't it a handsome rifle?!? I am really pleased with the accuracy, I do think after some leading in and me getting to know the rifle and maybe a fine, proper tune, these groups will tighten up. It doesn't have that long of a barrel either, 20" , so to get these 100 yard groups was shocking to say the least. Especially from an entry level pcp. It will keep the Sturgeonmatic as nickname, I do not think it will ever rid itself of that.

To clear everything up,

I have a rat gun(Taipan) , i have my walk around the farms and dairies gun (caiman) during the day and I have my medium game rifle (uragan) as well.

I was looking for a rifle to fit the bill for longer shots confidently, around 75 yards and occasional 100 yarder on pigeons (atop silos), chuck, rabbits which it definitely told my friend and I yesterday that it could!!!

Congrats, as far as Marauder wood you hit the jackpot, great looking gun. Is it regulated? Kind of surprised you only get one magazine of shooting between fills. Some of the others will probably chime in for tuning advise as there are several options.
The .25 is the only one that is not regulated and a lot of people experience this shot count or similar out of the box. There is a double spring kit from JSAR that will increase shot count to around 2 mags at this speed, hills regulated kit will increase shot count to 3 mags but at 900 fps.... it looks like the hill parts kit looks like the way to go. I also like the shorter but improved shroud he offers which takes 3 inches OAL off the rifle.

So pleased with this thing though, for the money and being the rifle is going to be a hunter, shot count is ok if thats all ive got to complain about!