• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

My New rifle : Daystate Safari 25 Cal (Quick review)

Finally I received my new rifle: Daystate Redwolf SAFARI 25 cal ART barrel, it comes with the long 0Db moderator.

20210130_084458.1612970532.jpg

20210130_104244.1612970556.jpg

20210130_105335.1612970565.jpg

This is an amazing rifle, it responds to all my requests: Modern, very well built, laser accurate, very powerful, amazingly consistent, very quite with the 0db moderator (really neighbor friendly even on high power) and it has the best trigger I ever seen.

I measured the pellet speed at each power with chrony , these are the results (5 shots at every power) :

• High power 34 grains : Avrg = 966 fps / 70,33 fpe (95 joules)
  • Medium power 34 grains : Avrg = 885 fps / 59 fpe ( 80,19 joules)
  • Medium power 25 grain : Avrg = 1012 fps / 58,89 fpe (78,26 joules)
  • Low power 25 grain : Avrg = 916 fps / 47,43 fpe (64,22 joules)

The shot counts on each power from 250 bars until it shows “Low pressure” (sorry I forgot to note the low pressure bars for each power plan):

• High power: 36 shots
  • Medium power: 81 shots
  • Low power: 126 shots

Scoped with sidewinder 6-24x56 and zeroed at 40 meters/44 yards, at that distance this gun is surgical: 10 shots with jsb king heavy MKII in the same hole, so it’s a waste of time…

Unfortunately, I was unable to make a serious accuracy test because of weather but I made a quick test at 80 meters/ 87,5 yards using my trigger stick tripod (that I usual use when I hunt) and some paper targets: with jsb king and King heavy MKII respectively on low and medium power, the 2 groups of 5 shots each were about 1”1/4 CTC and the group of 5 shots with king heavy MKII on high was about 1” CTC.

I know that this rifle can do better results even at long ranges if I do my part especially if I use bipod or sand bag.

I’ll try to make it next weekend using more steady support and I’ll report the results with photos.

To finish, I made some plinking by shooting 2” square knock over steel targets at the same distance and the Kings heavy really hits with authority.

Conclusion: The Redwolf Safari .25 is an amazing rifle, it’s a shooting pleasure, and it worth every dollar… It puts a big smile on my face every time I squeeze the trigger and I think that I won the gun lottery.

Hi

Over many years , many guns .

Without a doubt for target or BR or pesting semi static Red wolf .25.

So many attributes, beautiful to behold . Quiet, smooth, deadly accurate and with low power setting 130 shots per fill.

Great action and trigger. Only downside crappy magazines. I use the Carm ones. Reliable.

i have loved and sold Vulcan,Cricket, Fx, Theoben, Weihrauch,Bsa . Joker in the pack Hatsan Blitz, Coule be good but poor build quality , awful trigger, clunky and noisy. But a blast to demolish targets with friends. So I still have it.

Enjoy your shooting.

Reactions: Mrhawk68