• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My new pp750

Raw data from the Ebay moderator taken with a hand held SPL meter from 2 feet away from the muzzle as I dry fired the pistol. Average of 3 shots. Distance is very important with any sound measurement. Remember it's -6dB for every doubling of the distance. So 4ft is 115.9-6=109.9dB.

As is from Veradium: 115.9dbl

With Ebay moderator: 104.5db

Not whisper quiet but definitely take the bark out of the pistol and changes the tone. Instead of a loud pop it now sounds like a loud "spit". Light enough it doesn't change the feel of shooting it like a pistol (besides the awkward length). Threads and end cap seems well machined and threaded on without any issue. Would probably prefer a shorter fatter moderator for pistol configuration use but for $38 and no adapter required it works well.

Thanks for the update, I'm on the fence if I want to spend a lot for the Donnie fl koi, or the one you tested. Thanks again Barry

Barry, I put the Koi on mine and the sound is literally a whisper! It is well worth the few extra dollars and will hold it's value.

However, I want my 750 so quiet that I have to check the chamber to see if there is still a pellet in there! If Hajimoto baffles can get me there, so be it!!!

Regards,

HN

Barry

I'm using a moderator made by Geo at airgununiverse.net . It's just over 4 inches long and extremely light, made from carbon fiber and delrin. It does screw directly on without the need for an adapter. It's short enough that you can still shoot the pp750 as a pistol comfortably. It's not "mouse fart" quiet, but very backyard friendly, especially for it's size. It's $36.00 shipped. He is going to make me a 7.5 inch version for using the pp750 as a carbine, that will be even more effective, and only a couple of dollars more. I don't know how to attach links, but you can google airgununiverse.net.

20201109_123907.1604947240.jpg

Barry

I'm using a moderator made by Geo at airgununiverse.net . It's just over 4 inches long and extremely light, made from carbon fiber and delrin. It does screw directly on without the need for an adapter. It's short enough that you can still shoot the pp750 as a pistol comfortably. It's not "mouse fart" quiet, but very backyard friendly, especially for it's size. It's $36.00 shipped. He is going to make me a 7.5 inch version for using the pp750 as a carbine, that will be even more effective, and only a couple of dollars more. I don't know how to attach links, but you can google airgununiverse.net.

20201109_123907.1604947240.jpg

Nice to see he makes one the Beeman P17.