• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

My new P35

UPS says mine are out for delivery so maybe today is the day. I had to pay a customs fee this time, I did not last time, and delivery (assuming it arrives today) will be two weeks after the order this time versus 4 days last time.

If the UPS tracking shows your rifle is in KY "in transit" for multiple days I suggest you need to call. Mine showed the same status from May 31st through yesterday morning. Each day they would forcast delivery that day. You want to see it move to the "delivery vehicle" and then the status change to "out for delivery". It looks like mine got separated from the shipping invoice. I got it from Krale and sent it to UPS and my rifles started moving.

And then there were 3! I
p35s.jpg

I've had the 25 at the top the longest. The 22 (middle) and 177 (bottom) arrived late this afternoon. I have not shot them but I did fill them with air, put on the LOP spacers and mount the scopes. I'll probably pull the barrels and do a through clean and polish before shooting them.

Reactions: Malsonb
That's a lovely stock on the Diana version of the SPA P15. The rear cocking lever doesn't work for me since I shoot from the left shoulder but it is far prettier than my plastic stock rifles.

I believe the Stoeger bullpup which has been announced but is not in stores, at least in the U. S., is the same as the SPA P35 except for the stock. The Stoeger is still plastic but has some adjustability the P35 lacks. I like the looks of the P35 better but others may prefer the Stoeger. I looked at all the adds and videos on the Stoeger bullpup I could find before concluding they are the same. The pressure limit is 250 bar (not 200 bar like the Stoeger rifle), and all the pieces are in the same place. Even the slightly more detailed information in the owners manual (shared with the rifle) shows the same parts. The MSRP is a little higher than Krale charges for the P35 but if others discount this a little they would be about the same in price. It would be nicer to deal with a U. S. supplier (and not have your gun potentially held up at customs). I got alerted to this by another member at that other forum.

If anybody gets one and would like some tuning information please let me know. For instance, it took me awhile to figure out that the first stage and second stage trigger pulls on this gun are additive. I initially tried to lower the trigger pull by modifying the sear engagement - the second stage. It is far easier and safer just to minimize the first stage. That got my guns down to just over 1 lb. I did a little more with the sear but it is safer to leave that alone unless you have experience. You cannot get to a safe 1 lb trigger pull with a first stage that is nearly 1 lb. But I think you can when the first stage is a couple ounces max.

It's looking like I won the barrel lottery with the 22 (haven't shot the 177 yet). I've only shot FTTs, Barracuda Match and 18 gr JSBs. The FTTs were going 950 or better and were mostly shot to get the scope sighted in. The one group I shot with it was 7/16 at 25 yards. Seems like I need to slow them down.

Next was the Barracuda Match. They go 830-840 fps. First group was 7/16. Next was about 1/8th and the next three just went in the same hole. Zero center to center. I moved the trap back to 33 yards and got 5/16, 3/8, and then 7/16. I was pretty happy with this and even thought about just quitting. But I decided to try JSB 18s.

These went about 885. I only shot 3 groups at 25 yards and they ranged from 1/8 to 1/4 inch. I need to try them at 33 yards.

I've never had a gun that shot H&N and JSB pellets well. It has always been one or the other. I starting to think it will shoot any reasonable pellet well.

It's looking like I won the barrel lottery with the 22 (haven't shot the 177 yet). I've only shot FTTs, Barracuda Match and 18 gr JSBs. The FTTs were going 950 or better and were mostly shot to get the scope sighted in. The one group I shot with it was 7/16 at 25 yards. Seems like I need to slow them down.

Next was the Barracuda Match. They go 830-840 fps. First group was 7/16. Next was about 1/8th and the next three just went in the same hole. Zero center to center. I moved the trap back to 33 yards and got 5/16, 3/8, and then 7/16. I was pretty happy with this and even thought about just quitting. But I decided to try JSB 18s.

These went about 885. I only shot 3 groups at 25 yards and they ranged from 1/8 to 1/4 inch. I need to try them at 33 yards.

I've never had a gun that shot H&N and JSB pellets well. It has always been one or the other. I starting to think it will shoot any reasonable pellet well.
Happy your 22 is good mine has some problems. 3 different scopes (all new) on 4 different sets of rings including the adjustable ones on it now and can't get within 4 inches of point of aim before running out of elevation at 18-20 yards. On top of that it shoots a nice shotgun pattern it wont hit in the same 3-inch area twice. Any advice is appreciated as I have not had any problems with my other 9 PCP guns.

Crash,

Sorry, I have not been following this thread. I polished the crown on both my 22 and my 177 P35. They both looked rough. I just used JBs past on a brass screw in a cordless drill. I did it until it looked smooth. Took maybe 5 minutes per gun. You do not need to remove the barrel but you do need to pull the shroud (it screws off) and the aluminum piece screwed on the barrel inside the shroud. Pulling the barrel makes it easier, however. There is a grub screw at the end you can get to by pulling the cheek rest and then loosening the cocking rod and moving it to the side so you can put a hex wrench on the grub screw. Once that is loose, loosen the two screws that attach the action to the barrel. It will then slide right out.

I use hawke 25moa scope shims on my P35-22 and P35-25. I haven't put them on the 177 yet but I did not run out of elevation on it. I didn't on the other two either but I wanted to have plenty to shoot them at 100 yards. I look at the 177 as a close range gun. Anyway, these are pretty cheap and just go into the scope rings to angle the scope.

If you take the barrel off you should try pushing a pellet through the bore after you clean it. All my P35s came pretty dirty. The pellet should slide pretty smoothly without loose or tight spots. If it seems like the bore is rough, you could try polishing it with JBs. I used the JBs on patches on a jag with a stop on the cleaning rod so I would not come out of the barrel. Not hard to do but didn't seem to make much difference on my 25. But it shoots pretty well. Bad groups are maybe 1/2 inch at 25 yards and that is from me. I don't get the 1/8th to 1/4 inch groups with the 25 I get with the 22 and 177, however.

All three of my P35s like H&N pellets. The 22 shot JSB 18s as well as H&N Baracuda Match at 25 yards but not at 33. The little 177 seems to like Baracuda power a little better than Match but it might be the head size. I shoot H&N FTT in the 25. It shoots the heavy JSB 34 grain pellets well but not very fast. It also likes H&N slugs.

I hope you get your P35 shooting. I would also check all the screws to be sure they are reasonably tight. Mine have been mixed. My hammer spring was a little light for the regulator setting on the 25, well balanced on the 22 and set WAY (3+ turns) heavy on the 177. But my P35s did not seem to shoot better once I adjusted the hammer spring except the 25 would shoot the first shot noticably lower in velocity until I adjusted it.

My best guess is a screw loose, possibly on the picatiny rail or possibly a bad crown. Another thing to check is to shine a penlight into the chamber while looking down the bore and make sure there is no bore obstruction. My 22 started spraying pellets around and I found an O-ring SPA started putting in the last baffle inside the shroud had moved into the path of the pellets. My 25 never had that o-ring and I don't think they need it but I put it back into the 22 and 177 when I redid the shrouds with hair curlers to quiet them down. If I have another one relocate I will just take them out. But look down the bore (with no pellet in the gun) and make sure there is nothing in the path of the pellet. The baffles can shift and get impacted too.

Jim

That's a lovely stock on the Diana version of the SPA P15. The rear cocking lever doesn't work for me since I shoot from the left shoulder but it is far prettier than my plastic stock rifles.

I believe the Stoeger bullpup which has been announced but is not in stores, at least in the U. S., is the same as the SPA P35 except for the stock. The Stoeger is still plastic but has some adjustability the P35 lacks. I like the looks of the P35 better but others may prefer the Stoeger. I looked at all the adds and videos on the Stoeger bullpup I could find before concluding they are the same. The pressure limit is 250 bar (not 200 bar like the Stoeger rifle), and all the pieces are in the same place. Even the slightly more detailed information in the owners manual (shared with the rifle) shows the same parts. The MSRP is a little higher than Krale charges for the P35 but if others discount this a little they would be about the same in price. It would be nicer to deal with a U. S. supplier (and not have your gun potentially held up at customs). I got alerted to this by another member at that other forum.

If anybody gets one and would like some tuning information please let me know. For instance, it took me awhile to figure out that the first stage and second stage trigger pulls on this gun are additive. I initially tried to lower the trigger pull by modifying the sear engagement - the second stage. It is far easier and safer just to minimize the first stage. That got my guns down to just over 1 lb. I did a little more with the sear but it is safer to leave that alone unless you have experience. You cannot get to a safe 1 lb trigger pull with a first stage that is nearly 1 lb. But I think you can when the first stage is a couple ounces max.
The Stoeger
Where can you buy the Stoeger XM1 looks interesting
The Stoeger XM1 Bullpup can be purchased directly from the U.S importer.

Benelli U.S.A. Corporation
17603 Indian Head Highway - MD 20607 - Accokeek
USA
Tel: +1.301 283 69 81
usa.stoegerairguns.com

I bought a .22 P35 because that caliber was the only one available in South Africa, but I have since modded it heavily. I straight away fitted a riser rail on the top so that I could get my scope high enough, it also has height adjustment so you can shoot the scope optically centered. I have a UTG Bugbuster on there, nice small scope that suits the rifle just fine. I changed the regulator to Huma and also fitted a power plenum. Then I fitted a .177 LW barrel and threaded the end to take a moderator and discarded the shroud. With the plenum on the air tube the moderator and shroud is almost the same length. I built a reg tester and set the reg at 120 bar. I also made a fitting that fits into the hole in the stock that holds the fill probe, so it is always on the gun. I glued it in but it has a hole through so that you can still get an allen key in there to loosen the stock. Then finally some Carm magazines as the stock ones are very iffy. Now it is a very nice little rifle and quite accurate too. But as with all budget guns, I did a lot of mods to get it where I want. I still want to jack up the reg to 140 and see what it can do with 13gr Monsters.

P35 risers.jpg

P35.jpg

P35 holder.jpg

Reactions: Loff
I've got a customer sending me one in .177 that is to be .... A Blank check project of going threw it tip to tail being able to mod or correct any "thought as" short comings in design or QC etc ...

So over the next few months or so I'm going to dive all the way in and see what we have ? Is it just a side levered P15 ? or something else ... we shall see.

Scott S
Hi Scott,
How is that project going?

Hi Scott,
How is that project going?
Over a year ago and 100+ guns done sense then .. o_O My recall was that the Reg got a new seat, Peek poppet, Barrel prep work, resealed, trigger work and a some custom parts to tighten up that WONKY side lever cocking linkage.
Much past that the customer was very happy, tho recall him stating the P-15 I had done @ 2 season prior with a LW rebarrel job shoot better and just seemed the more solid platform for his requirement.
All I can recall on that one.

Generally I don't offer work on Chinese air guns, this long standing customer I made an exception for and did what we could for him :unsure:

Since I wrote my previous comments I've learned the Stoeger Bullshark has about 40mm less room in the shroud for baffles than do my P35s. But it also comes with an end plug that is threaded for a moderator. The shroud is the same length but the barrel goes further into the shroud with the Bullshark. That also would seem to require a little different trigger linkage. But I still believe the Bullshark is made by SPA and is basically the same as the P35.

My 25 shoots H&N FTTs best of the pellets I've tested. I had to turn the regulator down to keep them under 900 fps. As received I was shooting JSB Kings at about 770 fps and King heavies 34 grain, at about 730 fps. I think turning the reg up a bit would get the 25 grain up to 800 but my guess is it would be more difficult to get the 34 grain up over 800 fps. So I guess it depends on what sort of weight pellet you want to shoot and how fast. I got decent groups with the JSBs but it shot best with the FTTs so that is what I use. I also got pretty good groups out of 34 grain H&N Slug HPs but knockouts were bigger and grizzlys were bad. But all the slugs were down around 650 fps. It is certainly not a high powered 25. The barrel is only 450mm long, the transfer report is reportedly 5mm, and the plenum is small. Reportedly you also cannot open up the transfer port much but there are parts sold to increase the plenum size. That seems like a lot of work to me. For a 30-40 fpe 25, I think the P35 is great. Small, light and inexpensive. But trying to get it up to 50 fpe or more seems difficult enough it might be better to start with a different gun.

I think the parts are sized for the 22 caliber. A little on the small size for 25 and plenty big for a 177.

Reactions: MrP