• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My new Omega 75 cubic foot tank - did they give me the wrong hose?

I have the 75 Cubic Foot Omega air cylinder with an HP3 “upgraded” valve. They said it was an upgrade and would make things easier. The picture below shows the tank and the hose it came with. I have two questions: 
  1. I think they gave me the wrong hose attachment. How do I fill my FX-Impact with this equipment? I can easily fill my Impact direct from my Omega Turbo Compressor because the compressor hose has a female foster fitting that would go directly into my Impact. Five minutes into the video below, he shows how to fill a rifle using the upgraded HP3 valve, but the hose he uses has a female foster fitting on both ends. One side of the hose he uses in the video snaps over the male foster fitting on the tank, with the other side going into the gun. I think they forgot to send me a hose with a female foster fitting on each end. From the picture, I think they gave me a “DIN” hose system right?
  2. Is the brass fitting the bleed valve?
    [/LIST=1]

dd91a5d1b7512c7fa6500ec3e9b987ee.jpg
    c496a96477420244c385e840ab6f7499.jpg

Skohl, you get the 'concise' award of the month - I had two long winded questions which you answered with one word. If you ever interview for a job in the future, and they ask you one of those canned questions like "give me five words to describe yourself" answer by giving three descriptive words about yourself, then say "concise" for your fourth word, and do not give them a fifth word...

Skinny, looks like they sent me the wrong hose, I paid an extra $130 for that tank because they suggested I get the HP3 upgraded valve as opposed to the standard DIN fitted tank valve system. I purchased a Omega Turbo compressor so they knew I would not need to go to a scuba shop and wanted to make things easy for me. Which I was happy about - I love easy. That said, I also told AOA that the dive shops around me are reluctant to fill tanks for airgunners, plus they only fill to 3,200 PSI anyways. One shop bit my head off when I asked about going to 4,500 PSI, they basically hung up on me. In light of all that, AOA correctly concluded that I would never bring my tanks to a dive shop for fill ups so the standard DIN fitting made no sense for me. An honest mistake, if that is the worst thing that happens to me today then it has been a very good day.

Yeah that's the least of your worries if that's your only problem LOL yeah I just bought the Omega 100 cubic foot tank received it yesterday I only have one question about it.. PS I have the air Venturi compressor and when I ordered the tank I noticed in the picture that it had the wrong part I needed just like you the female Foster fitting at both ends

Hey Shortslide, be careful filling your impact directly from the compressor. I was giving my Impact a short top off this morning and it blew off the female adaptor when it got about 300 psi in it ... sounded like a shotgun going off. The female adaptor is so short and fits so deep into the bottom of the impact that you can't really get a good feel if it is connected properly ... so I generally pull and tug and twist on it trying to pull it off ... and I thought that it was on good, but it blew off this morning.

I needed a male to male adaptor to hook the female fitting on the compressor hose to the female fitting on the tank hose and they didn't send one. I thought I could work around that by taking a threaded male adaptor ( male fitting on one end and a threaded end on the other) and attach it directly to the compressor then hook the female end of the tank hose directly to the compressor and run it to the tank. Todd at AoA said not to do that because the compressor is now designed to only work off the ball and socket fitting supplied with the compressor hose. I don't see what the difference is though because the air comes out of the fitting either way ... so I guess I am in for a male to male adaptor.

The tank came with the din valve which is okay I guess, but I'll never need to use it as there isn't a scuba shop or a paint ball shop within a hundred miles of here ... and it has the push button release valve to depressurize the system and a white EN 837 Hyrdo Tech gage (not the gage they are advertising in the video). Somehow or another, it seems that AoA takes a lot of liberty putting these fittings together especially when they advertise something different and charge you for it.

​The upgraded HP3 system didn't make much sense to me because if you want to know how much pressure you have in the tank, all you have to do is cap off the end of the hose and open the valve ... what does that take ... 10 seconds ... then bleed the line and you're good to go.

I spoke with AOA today and they are taking care of the issue by sending me another foster fitting. They told me to remove the DIN fitting and replace that with the foster fitting that came with my FX-Impact. I was not sure where to unloosen the DIN fitting but one look at the foster fitting that would be replacing the DIN it became apparent where the removal point was. I have my hex pointing where I unscrewed the DIN. Once that was off, I screwed the foster on. But how tight? Using the tools pictured, I applied as much pressure as possible while still being prudent. When I had removed the DIN fitting, I found that there was a ball and socket fitting just like the one on the other side. I tightened the foster from the Impact on hard because this will be my dedicated hose from my tank to my rifle.

5e94ffb93889afa63dd80cc60d7e2e33.jpg
cee445956d949cce068afb3f83f8062f.jpg