My new Maverick is keyholing

Regarding my previous post about checking for cheek rest interference with the mag, making sure the liner wasn't installed backwards (choke end at the breech), or the liner lock nut (jam nut) being too loose -- checking these things is easy and doesn't void your warranty. All you need is a 3mm (maybe 2.5) allen key and a 10mm open-end wrench. You don't have to take the barrel off and you only need to pull the liner out about 1 inch to verify if it's in backwards.

Regarding the key-hole looking punch-outs on your target paper -- that could just be the way typical writing paper wants to tear. If you turn your paper 90 degrees, I think the paper would tear 90 degrees different than it is in your pictures. My dad and I used to shoot at the targets I printed on my injet printer. We each had our own guns and the keyhole looking punch-outs were the same for both of us -- always going in the same direction because of the paper's bias to tear a certain direction.

There does appear to be an accuracy issue that needs to be sorted, but I wouldn't just send it back to FX without doing some investigation of my own (if it was me). There are quite a few simple things that could be causing the accuracy to be off, things that you could fix yourself long before an FX service center would have it back in your hands. Simple things like loose screws or even the wrong length screws and screws that should have had locktite applied to keep them from vibrating loose. For instance, are the screws that hold the scope rail on even tight? Maybe you already answered that one.

If I had to send my Maverick back to an FX service center every time I found something they did wrong at the factory I think I'd need a nice big poster of my gun on the wall just to remember what it looked like. I still need to have them send me a 20moa rail. Thank goodness for the 3-year warranty.

grungy

One way to see if the barrel is backwards is to take the liner lock off and see if a small line is engraved around the barrel at the end. Quick and easy rule out.
If the barrel was backwards, the pellets would be super hard to load. I got a gun with the barrel installed backwards, and until I pulled it apart, I totally thought the barrel was the wrong size.

There is an accuracy issue for sure but those holes dont look like they are key holes. It looks like paper tares from poor backing an thin target paper. You can see on most of the "keyholes" that the pellet left a nice round ring from the head as it entered the paper. You can push the paper back from the back side of the target and confirm if the pellet imprint left behind is round. Looks like the op has gone silent but I would almost bet money on the holes having a nice round lead imprint from a straight pellet.