My new Marauder

Hello all, 

After waiting a week or so my gun arrived. It’s slightly used and over 4 days I’ve lost 100psi in the tube but I plan to take it apart anyway for a huma .25 cal reg and some valve porting. 

it’s a .22 but I was going to order the hill 7 valve spring, 262 hammer spring, LW hammer, HFTP, and port everything to .187. Reg pressure set to 2k psi to get some nsa slugs zipping along.

Suggestions are welcome as to porting and reg pressure, I figured setting it up as if it was a .25 cal would push the slugs to a good fps. If buying his complete valve is a better option somebody let me know. I’m not scared to do the work myself, if his valve just has some other top secret stuff going on I’ll go that route. 
thanks everyone 

I had a gen one Mrod that I sold to a friend. I did a ton of work on it. Opened everything up as far as the valve was concerned as well as the transfer port. Also slapped a Lane Reg in it, along with a 10lb hammer spring. Did a hammer debounce and a depinger, and even added a bullpup kit to it. Hell I even upgraded the barrel. It shot dam good but to be honest all the time and money spent it was only worth the experience, which was priceless really. With that said I would of just been better off getting something much better.

Nice. I have a stock Marauder Gen2 .25, and love it for the rabbit and grouse hunting applications that I use it for. Much more accurate plinker than I had initially anticipated.

With what I use it for primarily, I have seen no need to upgrade it.

I have the same gun. Other than a JSAR TSS it is stock. It shoots dime to nickel size groups at 50 yards with JSB Hades. I thought about modding it, but decided to keep it the way it is. Love that gun!

Marauders are great first pcp’s to invest in. I did the same by dumping a lot of $$ into it trying to make it what it wasn’t meant to be or designed to be. In the end, I came to the conclusion that high power and a shot count of 20 wasn’t gonna happen, so I went back to the trusted tried and true 40/40 tune. 

it’s also been my experience unless you can design and modify these in your sleep like MOTÖRHEAD can, mixing parts from different aftermarket manufacturers can lead to looking at all of your hair on your workbench, mixed up in your silicone grease tub, to try and get what your after. That’s why I just went with the hill premium kit as it’s a designed kit, where hill put in all the testing, used up his air a d his Ammo, to design a kit that keeps guys like me from pulling all my hair out, lol.

that was many moons ago. Learned a lot since then. Yes, I would buy a marauder if I started all over again, and yes I would still invest in hills premium kit. But I would stop right there and move on to a higher tier gun to get the power, shot count, and accuracy I seek.

when I finally got my first fx, a wildcat MK2 in 30 cal, and pulled the trigger for the first time using a wal mart scope and I stacked three shots on top of each other, it was then I realized I was a fool for even thinking my marauder could’ve been turned into a gun such as the wildcat.

lessons learned in the pcp life

Reactions: Don_Fabb