• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My new Leshiy

I have been intrigued by the Leshiy since I first saw it a few years ago, but after reading Ted’s review of a Leshiy I thought it might have been too much of a niche compact carbine for me. In the last year I have been moving toward a smaller form factor for my air rifles due to age and health reasons. I can’t walk very far any more so I mainly shoot for recreation from my deck or patio. I live on 5 acres in the country so I have set up a range with various targets at 25, 50, 75 and 95 yards. After reading many reviews of the Leshiy here, I decided I had to try one. I purchased my Leshiy in .177 250 mm barrel with an optional .25 350 mm barrel/shroud. Should have bought one years ago!

The following are the results of my first chrony testing of the .177 250 barrel setup with AA Diabolo Field 8.4gr pellets and starting pressure at 260 bar:

First string shot with Leshiy out of the box:
Average 978
Highest 982
Lowest 963
Ext Spread 19
Total good shots - 9

Second string shot with Leshiy – hammer spring set 4 clicks lower than as delivered:
Average 974
Highest 980
Lowest 966
Ext Spread 14
Total good shots - 14

Third string shot with Leshiy - hammer spring set 8 clicks lower than as delivered:
Average 931
Highest 942
Lowest 922
Ext Spread 20
Total good shots – 25

The third string sounded like the gun was broken (really quiet compared to first strings) but chrony verified it was shooting well. I will continue to play with it to optimize power versus accuracy. Have had too much wind to work on accuracy. Looking forward to playing with this Leshiy in the future. 

Congrats on your purchase. I too hesitated about 2 years before a purchase as I was feared off by the single stage trigger by those posting of the two stage mod. Well I gotta say I love the single stage trigger, no mods needed. I haven’t used many other air guns since getting these. And by these I mean I bought a new one and then a used one here within a week. My 2 current setups are .177 350mm barrel shooting the 10.34gr JSBs at 900 FPS and a .22 250mm barrel shooting the 16gr at 750 FPS. Both are deadly accurate for me. And if I want to have a little fun I can toss a 5gr alloy pellet in the .177 and get a nice sound barrier breaking crack - fun every now and then - sounds literally like a 22lr. 

just wait until you toss in the .25 350mm barrel and you see the power that little gun puts out. I also have a .30 350mm barrel and it puts out 50 FPS with ease and gets more on reg shots than my Storm2 ever did in .30 with a much smaller airtube. 

CTshooter, have you chron'd the .30? Shot count on a fill? Is it a simple barrel swap or are there other changes that need to be made? And are you using a new moderator? I am curios about the .30. I have the .22 now.

I’ve shot the .30 anywhere from 415fps to 600fps with the sub 12 kit. At 430fps it’s perfect for the backyard... say 40 and in. I get 46 shots from 260 - 125. It loves the 50gr JSB/EDgun pellet. You can get it into the 800’s with the OEM reg or normal Huma.

I’ll be running the .357 here shortly for fun, but will come back to the Dirty 30.

My settings for the .30 are 125 bar reg setting. 19-20 turns CCW on the hammer spring. That brings me to 700fps with the 44.75gr JSB slugs. I can keep going on the hammer spring setting and bring it up to about 830 fps but it gets really loud and you can tell all it's doing is wasting air. At 700fps I'd say about 8-10 shots. I've since added a drozd air tube extension so I figure that'll bring the shot count up to a solid 20.

I'd rather go with a faster shot so it's less lobby. But the .30 is a bit of a novelty barrel for me with the Leshiy. I usually run the .177 350mm barrel which is ideal for 10gr and 13gr JSB and the 15.5 NSA slugs.

I’ve got some crazy footage over the past couple of weeks. Some of which I’ve teased on Instagram. Drop is pretty minimal 30 and in... which for most backyard pesting is about normal.

its STUPID quiet at 480. It starts to get borderline around 580/600 for me. I had the akula moderator in .30 but had alignment issues. I shot that up to 750 and it was still very quiet.

current tune is 480fps w/ 50gr JSB/EDgun pellet. I’m running the sub 12 kit with it set to 125bar. It’s a beast even at what many would consider very low power. Total devastation when you see the footage 

Thanks for the replies. One of the things I like about the Leshiy is the simplicity. Easy, repeatable hammer spring adjustment, relative simple access to regulator and straightforward airflow from air storage to pellet. I can understand how to do basic tuning to optimize a particular caliber/pellet with help from this community. I have a few different PCPs and the Leshiy is the only one that I can easily access the various adjustments and more importantly can repeatably get back to a base line configuration if I screw up!

Agreed. The Leshiy seems to be the easiest PCP to work on. Does anyone know if the cheek rest external air tube is available anywhere? Wouldn’t mine increasing shot count though not a critical need. Haven’t been able to locate anyone selling it. The posts on it seem a few years old now.

John Hagan makes them. He does limited runs from time to time based on demand. You can reach him here: hagantool at aol dot com

LB1444

I was looking around the web last week and noticed a well engineered additional air supply for the Leshiy but it appears to be only available from a Russian web site. I have provided link to an installation video (painful to watch but informative), link to Russian site that sells the kit, and a link to a blurb on Edgunleshiy that talks about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFM2lr6Wjik

https://drozdpcp.ru/product/rezervuar-uvelichennogo-obema-na-leshij/

https://www.edgunleshiy.com/blog/2018/8/3/massive-shot-count-on-any-edgun-leshiy/

I bought the extension tube from drozd. The site will not let you order to the US so send them an email. They will respond and speak english well. I PayPal'ed them the money and got the package quite quickly. I lubed all of the o-ring with silicon oil before assembly (something the video doesn't show) and I have had zero air leak issues. It also puts the butt stock down about 1 - 1.5 inches which in turn raises the scope up a little bit - I like the ergonomics of it. And for a reference I went from ~5 bar per shot on the .22 to about 2-3 bar per shot.