• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

MY NEW KRAL BREAKER SILENT BULL PUP...HONEST REVIEW!

Ok, here is the info. My friend put the original port cover and cap back on, but he had to machine them to fit the new tube and gauge. He sent a pic but I am on the phone and will post it later on.

The lever breaks when trying to add more pressure on the hammer is what he told me. He is machining a new one I believe.

As I figured, he hardened the sear to 68 Rockwell hardness.

Gents, this thread is just full of great information regarding the Kral Bull pup! OK, so given all that is posted here in this mini-wiki, I have a question:

Would you recommend this rifle for someone looking to get into the PCP game, or would they be better served with another .25 cal offering?

I completely understand (and support) the idea of "voiding the warranty" to make the rifle do what you want. Is there enough accuracy and reliability in the stock configuration to start with for someone new to this game, who may want to run the rifle stock for a while (with an optic), before they consider tinkering with the workings of the airgun?

Thank you in advance for your patience and advice. Just trying to do some "mental math" regarding this specific rifle.

Cheers,
Bill

Buckyusn, Nothing I have done to date voids the warranty. I cleaned the barrel, straightened the scope mount, padded the stock, and adjusted the hammer spring tension.

its now shooting 1/4 inch at 20 yards and my jsb 25.4 are at 795 fps for 35.5 FPE. This gun just takes a bit of tinkering.

That said, there are so many great entry level PCPs in the 500 and under range. The rifle to beat IMHO is the .25 Maruader. I saw a used one sell on this forum for 350. Several tuners will sell tHem for 550 or so and they are tac drivers.

it all depends on what you want.

the Dicovery is still a great option. I still shoot mine all the time. I take it to the gun range and outshoot supped up 10/22 s at 5o yards just to freak folks out. I challenge guys to 50 yard battleship. I take the hand pump just so I can see the look in their eyes.

but if you want a bullpub .25 repeater that will give you 40 shots at 35 FPE, and you own a crony and don't mind some tinkering, this is a good one.

Reactions: buckyusn
"buckyusn"Gents, this thread is just full of great information regarding the Kral Bull pup! OK, so given all that is posted here in this mini-wiki, I have a question:

Would you recommend this rifle for someone looking to get into the PCP game, or would they be better served with another .25 cal offering?

I completely understand (and support) the idea of "voiding the warranty" to make the rifle do what you want. Is there enough accuracy and reliability in the stock configuration to start with for someone new to this game, who may want to run the rifle stock for a while (with an optic), before they consider tinkering with the workings of the airgun?

Thank you in advance for your patience and advice. Just trying to do some "mental math" regarding this specific rifle.

Cheers,
Bill

These guns a very accurate out of the box, fun to shoot and good shot count per fill, in time and use, you can decide if needs or what needs tinkering with it for your liking. And the price that you pay, well, you getting a good gun.

Reactions: buckyusn
Bill, I ditto Airginmonkey. If you are not intending to go into competition shooting with a PCP, then .25 if perfect for hunting small game and target shooting/plinking... Although the .22 may be a little bit more accurate at shorter ranges like the 50 yard area. The .25 will be better at longer ranges like 75-100.

That said, the Kral puncher in long form or the Breaker in bull pup are very good entry guns for PCP. Both in $$ and in shooting efficency. As those who have bought them know they are unbelievable for poop count on POA without a regulator....

You can tinker with it later as it is easy to work on.

Keep in mind you will need a tank, gauge fill and the like. I don't how easy it would be to use a hand pump. I think pumping to 200 bar would get old fast. You would need a dive shop/ paint ball shop,or rent a nitrogen tank to fill your SCBA tank. I use a nitro tank. The other option is to buy a compressor... $$$

Remember once you go over to the "Dark Side" your springers will collect dust! Lol.

"strikefast"Bill, I ditto Airginmonkey. If you are not intending to go into competition shooting with a PCP, then .25 if perfect for hunting small game and target shooting/plinking... Although the .22 may be a little bit more accurate at shorter ranges like the 50 yard area. The .25 will be better at longer ranges like 75-100.

That said, the Kral puncher in long form or the Breaker in bull pup are very good entry guns for PCP. Both in $$ and in shooting efficency. As those who have bought them know they are unbelievable for poop count on POA without a regulator....

You can tinker with it later as it is easy to work on.

Keep in mind you will need a tank, gauge fill and the like. I don't how easy it would be to use a hand pump. I think pumping to 200 bar would get old fast. You would need a dive shop/ paint ball shop,or rent a nitrogen tank to fill your SCBA tank. I use a nitro tank. The other option is to buy a compressor... $$$

Remember once you go over to the "Dark Side" your springers will collect dust! Lol.

I'll let you guys know about hand-pumping. I have no problem pumping my S510, Compatto and P-Rod. The regulated Hammerli 850 is much tougher. I expect the Kral to be about the same as the 850. Not any harder to pump, just a lot more of it, since reg'd guns are shot down to a much lower pressure.

200 bar (2900 psi) is nothing, these days. The Compatto gets pumped to 220 bar, (3200 psi) which is 220 bar, that gets tiring fast, even with a small air tube. The latest Edguns can be filled to 300 bar.

"buckyusn"Gents, this thread is just full of great information regarding the Kral Bull pup! OK, so given all that is posted here in this mini-wiki, I have a question:

Cheers,
Bill
If I had to choose in .25 with all things being equal and not simply wanting to try a bullpup, I'd go with the M/rod, I can not say enough good things about it. More power and more aftermarket goodies & mods than you'll ever get to. I've added a few WAR goodies to mine and it can be tuned from 40-80fpe in mins, easily stack pellets out to 100yrds if I do my part.

But if we're talking .22 I'd take the Kral, but hey I have them both so what does that tell you, they're both good guns.

I only recently picked up a tank filling station, I used a hand pump with my Synrod not the most fun but definitely not as hard as I'd thought it be. I will say this whatever gun you get into, don't go cheap on a hand pump, skip over the Benjamin go straight to the Hill pump, trust me on this.

Is anyone seeing the side lever pop open when they take a shot? I think it's because the screw for adjusting the hammer spring is set too tight. I have my FPE at 36 and my groups are ok, 1/4 to 1/2 at 20 yards, still haven't sorted pellets or even tried anything other that JSB's. But the side lever popping out bugs me.

I didn't drill out the power adjustor yet. Firured I'd see what she would do without making modifications that would void the warranty.

Yep. I sat and kept backing the hammer spring out till it stoped. Now I need to see where that left me on the crony. Seems like back pressure is pushing it back.

No time to play today, I have to replace all the heater hoses on my Suzuki samurai. Desert run out to Ransburg next week, and need to be ready. I'm taking the kral for a little target practice and maybe some jack rabbit.