No its not going to be a wildcat, I know Ted and the Whiskey guys got new guns to have and test and there pockets are lined with the FX brand. I understand 100 % with mouths to feed and gas to put in the vehicles. Its a know brainer,,, But the RTI Prophet compact II has my eye and my lust factor at 10... Its a true gun and a super gun with out all the B/S of the other big money brands...

Mike

I agree with your reasoning.

3 way race for me,

Leading the way is the Reximex Ixia ( throne ) gen2.

Reasoning, perceived value for money, I ordered it last August and should " expect it any day.

However. 

Should a Prophet 2, compact or full size or indeed a AirMaks Krait short or medium become available ( really available, not back order, nod and wink )

Then the extra money will change hand's.

As a lefty, the new Wildcat is a non starter.

Edit, on account of the magazine.

Good luck.

No its not going to be a wildcat, I know Ted and the Whiskey guys got new guns to have and test and there pockets are lined with the FX brand. I understand 100 % with mouths to feed and gas to put in the vehicles. Its a know brainer,,, But the RTI Prophet compact II has my eye and my lust factor at 10... Its a true gun and a super gun with out all the B/S of the other big money brands...

Mike

What issues have you had with your FX Wildcat?

I happen to own 2 Wildcats -- a Wildcat mk1 .25 cal and a Wildcat mk2 .30 cal. Both of these bullpups are top-notch in every way. They're lightweight, ergonomic, very accurate and relatively trouble-free.

I don't foresee acquiring the Wildcat Bt, as my FX Impacts with their 480cc and larger bottles perform whatever tasks might arise; tasks the WC Bt is designed/suited for.

I was also considering getting an RTI. They are far more robust then an FX thats for sure. Bud of mine has a few FX airguns and they should say fragile as eggs on them, I swear. They shoot nice, but bump it and it would seem its back to zeroing. Honestly they feel like cheep toys next to my EvoLs or EDs. Go with RTI. Far better quality then FX.

Only thing I'm not a fan of on the new Prophet 2 Compacts are the barrels are now 500mm filling the shroud up. On the originals you can add baffles as there's a decent amount of space in there. Defeats the purpose of a compact gun needing to add additional LDC. It's like FX Compacts. 

To me Ideal would be the standard length with compact barrel in the long shroud.

Hay guys I like the magazines of the FX guns lots of fills, I have always said when the Impact has all the problems worked out I would buy one, I think their Oring quality has improved but there still is a lot of Orings in that gun, I have been around since the beginning of the FX air guns, And from the beginning FX has said this is not an air gun you buy and just shoot you have to be a tuner and work on the gun to get it to shoot the way you want it to shoot, I know some of the big air gun dealers in the UK stopped carrying the FX guns because they could not keep up with all the warranty work,,I see Ted and Whiskey boys and see what the impact can do with a Tuner that has the inside to the FX company.. I thought for sure when FX hired Earnest (The master of air guns) That the Impact would be more of a simple gun, (Easy to work on and half the Orings) Didnt happen, I still think he has something up his sleeve, The simple improved and super accurate Impact,,,, Sounds good,, Earnest where are you?

I have a FX radar, and I have bought a lot of FX pellets, That's proves I am not a hater ,, 

Did eveybody just drank the kool aid , and I sat back and compared apples to oranges and came up with something different?????

Dairyboy, ditto.

Regards standard ( 30" ) with 20" barrel and more baffles.

Options.

Buy a standard, and fit a 20" barrel and scorce baffles.

Buy a compact, a full size bottle, and source a moderator that both fits, in girth and length ( 🤔 😁 ).

My first thought was, the compact route's appeal is having an extra shorty bottle to carry in the field*, however I believe the reg may screw off along with the bottle, leaving an extra reg also required.

Best option RTI offer the standard with 20".

Never shot with a prophet. I own some Evanix rifles and currently use my LCS SK-19 a lot. I am thinking about a FX Impact M3 bronze but next to all the YouTube videos of how accurate they are I also read about issues with o rings and other things. 

What would be the best alternative to the Impact? I want to shoot slugs with it.

On that about how accurate FX airguns are. I trust little I see on the net from videos from guys like Duber and whatnot. Personally I feel that they are paid to make FX look far better then they are. I have never been overly impressed with them when put next to other upper tier airguns. Honestly side by side FX airguns seem nowhere near as finely built as others. As far a how accurate they are, they are no different then other brands. Yeah they shoot nice, but they are in no way better then the rest. FX spends a ton of money just to make it seem that they are better they everyone else. And many fall into this lie. With that said I still look at the Impact from time to time simply because I like to tinker. One day perhaps. Every time I end up purchasing something that is just more reliable. Last two purchases were EvoLs so the price of an impact is no issue. I just dont want something that needs to be treated like a princess. 

Wow Elbowgrease 

That was nicely said , Sounds like you might have been around in the beginning of the FX line of guns, If they stopped sending out all the new guns to shooters that make videos, And pulled in there advertisement funds

and turned Earnest lose in the shop, Build a smile powerful PCP FX would have a winner...

I drove a Volvo once , I know a little of there Tax's and workforce,, A 500 dollar part is Standerd half taxed 250 and with a BIG import or export tax your 500 dollar part 975 plus the mark up for prophet and Sweden has some of the highest wages , So its going to be 2,350 dollars for the 500 dollar part , I was explained this in there simple English buying parts for my Volvo

Mike

Never shot with a prophet. I own some Evanix rifles and currently use my LCS SK-19 a lot. I am thinking about a FX Impact M3 bronze but next to all the YouTube videos of how accurate they are I also read about issues with o rings and other things. 

What would be the best alternative to the Impact? I want to shoot slugs with it.

On that about how accurate FX airguns are. I trust little I see on the net from videos from guys like Duber and whatnot. Personally I feel that they are paid to make FX look far better then they are. I have never been overly impressed with them when put next to other upper tier airguns. Honestly side by side FX airguns seem nowhere near as finely built as others. As far a how accurate they are, they are no different then other brands. Yeah they shoot nice, but they are in no way better then the rest. FX spends a ton of money just to make it seem that they are better they everyone else. And many fall into this lie. With that said I still look at the Impact from time to time simply because I like to tinker. One day perhaps. Every time I end up purchasing something that is just more reliable. Last two purchases were EvoLs so the price of an impact is no issue. I just dont want something that needs to be treated like a princess.

Show me an airgun benchrest competition that doesn't have 5 or more FX guns in the top 10. They are accurate guns. Watched Travis Patten at Airgun Depot shoot top 20 at 2018 EBR with an untuned out of the box Crown. Does it make them the best? Obviously not there are hundreds of topics here related to issues with FX guns just like many other top end guns. Maybe just more people shoot them but you can't deny their presence and winning capabilities in competition.