• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My new FX Crown.

So I just got my new FX Crown. Before I did anything to the gun I took out the instruction book and went over it..(Don't know why..Never did before)...So I go to put pellets into the magazine. I went right by the instructions.. But there was no way I could index the top piece of clear plastic. I get to looking and there is no way you can index it because you see there is a pair of plastic tabs on each side of the magazine that makes it impossible to index. I even went to youtube and checked it out. So now a call to Utah airguns, and I am told that the magazine had a revision made to it, so now to load it the top clear plastic has to be completely taken off.

It seems to me that with a simple touch of a pen by the FX Coperation on their instruction book could have easily solved this issue. But again, I only paid around 2000 dollars for this rifle. Guess I shouldn't expect too much. I also noticed that this is not a booklet for the continuum because taking off the barrel by loosening the top screws is incorrect.

All in all, I am quite pleased with it though. I had it shooting within a half inch at 30 yards within 10 shots. I have not made any adjustments to the power, but I believe I can get it shooting a bit better with time behind the rifle. The pellet I used was the JSB Diablo's. Probably just stay with those for a while.

Now a question...I purchased the longer nipple so it would be easier to refill my rifle. The opening is a bit difficult to get to. So to change the short nipple, and replace it with the new longer one do I have to drain my air? Or can I just take the stock off, unscrew the short one and install the longer one?

I have had my FX Crown for about a month now. I am amazed by the accuracy. My Air Arms S510 which was my first real PCP was very accurate, and I didn't think it could get much better. But it has. I sight my guns in at 35 yards. Like I said the Air Arms did very well. I was able to put most shots inside a quarter from a bench. This Crown produces just one ragged hole!!! Really, on a calm day every shot is in the same hole. I haven't even experienced a flyer. I am using JSB Diablo pellets, and have been wanting to try something different, but why. I am going to try and set up at 50 yards and give it a go soon. Then I want to switch to the 700mm barrel and back off the power a bit. I really highly doubt if you can get more accurate than what I am shooting, and I really don't consider myself to be a good shooter. What a gun!!!