My new favorite shoebox compressor! The Orcair Thunder! (Video inside)

So we are not to trust any of your reviews because someone got a bad one ? Something we all know happens with these units. An Amazon order that can be returned. How the ever living hell is that remotely a reflection on you ? Man you are nicer than I is all I can say. Quite flabbergasted at that comment still. Especially from a frequent flyer. Wow. I will still watch all the videos and take them as straight forward and honest. Hoping you do the gx cs4 and the oil less and waterless yong heng.

Airshootist, Thanks for the reviews, the Pi@@ and Moan club guys are too lazy to do the work. I got a ToAuto A3 based on your review and the rebuild video. Did get an Allstate 3 year on it. I appreciate you guys that do the leg work, write the reviews, edit the reviews, answer questions and then take the abuse for the Pi@@ and Moan club.

Bill

Reactions: AirShootist
I wish the membership would stay "on topic" with the OP's review.

I for one will consider this compressor if it goes on sale on the next Amazon Prime day in October.
I definitely will buy the 4 year warranty. I took advantage of the warranty with other Amazon products and it really worI for one admit i went off topic from reading others comments , I apologise . Stan in KY

"I'm glad I took the time to write all that just for you to just not read it and respond anyway. Lol."
I wasn't implying that you stated anything wrong or incorrectly, I was just observing the fact that since they normally don't hold up for any long period, they are more disposable than say a tire (your example) that only lasts 20K, instead of one that lasts 60K.
While they are both 'disposable' one is much less likely to last because it cost less.
That's why there is no reason for any manufacturer to make their product better if they are selling enough to make a good profit without having a quality, longer-lasting product.
I wasn't trying to argue your point, just make an observation.

Reactions: AirShootist
Fair enough, I see what you're saying.

It still stands as a basic economic principle that if you make a better product you will have a competitive advantage and you will have a larger market share than your competitor. So the guy with the 20k mile tires is going to lose to the guy with the 60k mile tires unless the price is vastly lower. I think in the case of shoebox compressors: the market is pretty competitive, returns & warranty are expensive, word travels quick via online reviews, and they definitely have a lot of incentive to make the best units they can.

In any case, I'm going to continue extensively using this Orcair Thunder compressor and just keep absolutely pounding on it as I have been. If anything happens to it I'll remember to report it back to this thread to keep readers / prospective buyers informed.

These style compressors are regularly referred to as shoebox compressors. Yes I am aware of the Shoebox brand boosters from many years ago, but the term shoebox has become a commonplace descriptor for these small 12v compressors in today's community since, you know, they are about the size of a shoebox.... My title is absolutely correct, if I was describing the Shoebox brand I would have capitalized the "S"...

Anyway, I would agree that these style compressors are disposable, that is why they are so cheap, and also why you should probably pick up the Amazon warranty if you want total peace of mind. For me I have had very few problems with the 7-8 I own and most the time they can be fixed with a little elbow grease and understanding of how they work. I put out a maintenance video on the ToAuto A3 to try and help folks with that.

Anyone else have any more negative and unhelpful comments? Tough crowd, I guess... 🤷‍♂️
I must take exception to this statement. Regularly? I have never seen anyone refer to Chinese small box shaped compressors as "shoebox" compressors before AirShootist did in this thread. Roachcreek is 100% correct to question this comparison. It is an insult to the Shoebox brand and quality. It's like saying a Fiat is a Ferrari or anyone with long hair is a woman. They're not and this compressor isn't either. The only booster compressor that should ever be called a shoebox type compressor is an Altaros.

I must take exception to this statement. Regularly? I have never seen anyone refer to Chinese small box shaped compressors as "shoebox" compressors before AirShootist did in this thread. Roachcreek is 100% correct to question this comparison. It is an insult to the Shoebox brand and quality. It's like saying a Fiat is a Ferrari or anyone with long hair is a woman. They're not and this compressor isn't either. The only booster compressor that should ever be called a shoebox type compressor is an Altaros.

Do you need a generic paper-based facial tissue? (I dare not call it a Kleenex, that would be such an unforgivable insult to Kleenex!)

Really, dude? Lol. I mean... I guess I did ask if anyone had any more unhelpful comments so I probably had this coming! :ROFLMAO:

Shoebox Compressors very much so coin phrased the term many years ago. Talk Shoebox, we know of which compressor tech & manufacture you speak.

Using the term shoebox to describe small compressors of a completely different style & far inferior quality is a MIS-USE of the term in regards to the subject of small compressors.

I'll also take that stand :(

Well I got mine after seeing this review. What a piece of crap! Wouldn't fill past 1500 psi. Tried everything I could think of - just made lots of noise, kicked on booster fan (loud) and then dropped pressure down low then rose higher, then dropped, etc. I don't know why I bothered except this review sounded good. Live and learn and never trust this guys' reviews. And Amazon took it back with no complaints.
Must've been a bad batch. I had the same thing happen. Waiting for UPS to pick up and send back to Amazon.
Warehouse was in Ohio... Buckeye Curse ???

Lol. In paintball we called the old Shockers and Impulse guns shoeboxes or bricks.... because they look like a shoebox or a brick. Things are often nicknamed as other things because that's what they look like, which is exactly what the original Shoebox brand did when they named their product. I can't imagine "taking a stand" against me referring to this as a shoebox compressor and then spending time typing out your feelings about that. Don't you guys have targets to shoot? :unsure:

Anyway, here are 3 shoeboxes for ya! 😉

1695224974597.png

THIS JUST IN: I finally got my hands on a REAL Shoebox™ compressor, their Altama Foxhound model!!! OMG guys I can't wait to review this!!!! Stay tuned!

1695231669192.png

Now everyone can be happy that my colloquial terminology is absolutely 100% correct and verified!
No more need for the Casual Vocabulary Police (CVP) or the Airgun Slang Gatekeeping Society!! YAYYY!!! Y'all can take the rest of the day off!

Love you all anyway. (Mostly.) 😘

Lol. In paintball we called the old Shockers and Impulse guns shoeboxes or bricks.... because they look like a shoebox or a brick. Things are often nicknamed as other things because that's what they look like, which is exactly what the original Shoebox brand did when they named their product. I can't imagine "taking a stand" against me referring to this as a shoebox compressor and then spending time typing out your feelings about that. Don't you guys have targets to shoot? :unsure:

Anyway, here are 3 shoeboxes for ya! 😉

View attachment 390444
My my are we feeling a little thin skinned ... folks can't disagree with you Influencers Lol have a nice day.

Reactions: Humdinger
My my are we feeling a little thin skinned ... folks can't disagree with you Influencers Lol have a nice day.
Thin skinned is getting butthurt about someone calling a small shoebox-shaped 12v compressor a "shoebox compressor" just because a company named Shoebox existed for a while who didn't even make a compressor, they made a booster... lol

....And I'm not an influencer, I'm just a regular Joe, thank ya very much! (y)

Thin skinned is getting butthurt about someone calling a small shoebox-shaped 12v compressor a "shoebox compressor" just because a company named Shoebox existed for a while who didn't even make a compressor, they made a booster... lol

....And I'm not an influencer, I'm just a regular Joe, thank ya very much! (y)
With a U-tube channel ... Yea right :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

How about we start calling the "Bootbox" compressors instead. They are more that size anyway.
How dare you insult the original Bootbox™ brand semi-related but extinct product line like that!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think instead I'm just gonna transition to "Shoebox™ Brand Orcair Compressor" or "Shoebox™ Brand ToAuto Compressor" and so on (y)

Reactions: Chris_K