My new Crown in 22 cal.

1523737904_7686083205ad26530a29fa7.03154274_P1010002 (3).JPG
Got my new Crown 22 cal. in yesterday. Cleaned the barrel, scoped it up, aired it up and then sighted it in. It was a little loud with the factory settings, 177/22-Max, so I turned the front knob from 177/22 to the low position. It quieted it down a lot. Today I shot it over the chronograph starting with the front knob set on low and the rear set on min. and went around the knob, finishing at max. Then I did that all again with the front knob set on 177/22. The lowest fps 554 and the highest was 652 on the low setting and on the 177/22 setting it was 685 for a low and 921 for the highest fps. This was using H&N 14.66 gr pellets. I tried to upload a couple pics of my little backyard range.

The other day I received a .22 cal barrel kit for my Crown, as I wanted to see what the gun would do in .22, compared with how the gun came from the factory, in .25 cal. Unfortunately the kit I received from Airgun Depot was missing the .22 pellet probe, which renders the kit useless. Airgun Depot is trying to locate a probe, which comes with the kit, or have FX ship me one. And just for info, I discovered that the .22 cal barrel is quite a bit shorter than the .25 cal barrel.

"bzizzi373"I want to order a .22 kit for my Crown and see what it will do, I am hoping for 35 foot pounds and 125 shots/charge on max.

That's a pretty lofty goal! 35 FPE with JSB 18s is about 935 fps. I'd be willing to bet that you can come close at 32 FPE! 

I have a Royale (.22) and I'm hoping that I can do 120 shots (10 mags) at somewhere between 30 and 32 FPE with the HUMA that I just installed.

Thanks guys. I have some JSB pellets ordered, the H&N were added to an order I had coming from Midway. Believe me, I am a JSB fan, that's what I use in my 177 rifles. 
​The feeder is where I try to do my backyard squirrel hunting, although I do chase them when they are up in the pecan trees. 
​The mobile target is what I came up with about 3-4 years ago when I got into PCP's. Just a cardboard box with rubberized mulch inside. Nothing goes thru there. When I first started shooting in the backyard, even my FWB 300s Running boar rifle would almost shoot thru 3/8" plywood out at the edge of my yard (about 17 yds), a 22 would go thru it like it wasn't there. The feeder is at about 14 yds from the back door of my house.

The backstop may very well be thick...but if I was your neighbor and you were shooting while I,my Wife,Grandchildren or pets were outside, you could count on a "non-cordial"visit! Airgunners certainly don't need to be put in the spotlight due to a tragedy such as an injury or, God forbid,a fatality! Nobody plans ON an accident...but a little common sense may Very well PREVENT ONE. Sorry to bust your balls but C'mon man!!

I used to live in a place with neighbors near by. I had 7 pecan trees.. the neighbors had pecans trees too..myself and all the neighbors wanted the squirrels dead..they knew I shot squirrels with a precision adult airgun..if I did drop a squirrel in one of their yards they would just grab it by the tail and sling it into my yard..Man I miss that target rich environment and those neighbors.. 
Being cwmoss is from TX.. I suspect they get it.. 

I have a target with 1/4" Steel plate in it. and an other target with a 1/8" steel plate. The one with the 1/8" plate, the plate is covered with Duct Seal. Dont under estimate the power these guns can put out. Especially if shot in the same spot multiple times!

Also never assume that a mistaken misfire will never happen. 

Better to be safe than sorry!

Wait!!
So we see potential disaster in what you're doing, and try to give you friendly advice to re-think the direction you're shooting and we're the A-holes?? (I guess that's why you took down the picture?)

Your analogy of noise complaint is way off! Noise is harmless.

Slinging deadly projectiles in the direction of innocent people is a totally different issue!

But yeah I guess we're the ones acting stupid?!

Good luck with that!

Have a good day!