• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My new build for ELR

Nice, Scott
I'm working on getting better BC data for the 106gr slug. I went to the range this morning and had a calm day. I took 40 shots with the 106gr slug, and most registered OK on the Labradar. I shot two five shot groups at 200m. 1st group was barely on paper but under 1moa in diameter. I dialed in another 1moa of elevation and the 2nd group was closer to center and about 1.12moa in diameter. Velocity spread wasn't as bad as shown since the 745fps was a bad reading, but it still could be better.

106gr, 200m
View attachment 291489
106gr 200m
View attachment 291490

106gr
View attachment 291491

! That's getting it done!

I bet you’re having a blast shooting that thing. It would be really cool to shoot that in the real world in the wind out to 400 which I know you will do.

I know you’re not into magic groups as much as I am, but when I look at this group I see you one shot away from a magic group…

I’m interested to see how small of a group you can shoot at 300 yards. In great conditions.

That gun is such a hot rod dude!

I love the three bullet Cloverleaf. It says so much about the rifle. That’s not an accident at 200 yards.

0942B46D-1A9B-4480-A627-A1B3494A6AD2.jpeg

Reactions: rigbymauser
I wanted something to protect the crown/muzzle. I put the brake on because it looked appropriate. Recoil is not that much. I have yet to see how the brake works. So far I've only shot over the chronograph sans the brake.

The "electronic doohickey" is the control box for the electronic hammer/solenoid. Sort of like a Daystate, but no computer. Hammer strike is controlled by turning the potentiometer through that hole on the side, using a small screwdriver.
Good idea leaving out the computer. You have the best parts about an E-rifle without the complicated programming. Cool build!

I used the new build at the 2022 EBR Big Bore match in Open class. I got 2nd, but my score of 75/150 could have been better. Boyd Linder got 1st shooting a Texan 457, with a great score of 115/150. There were more competitors in the Production class where the top three all shot 457 caliber with scores of 80/150, 75/150, and 70/150.

I had shot a .257 last year, but went to 7mm to meet the new 200fpe minimum. What surprised me was that even with the higher fpe requirment, a few competitors were shooting .257 caliber this year. Several shooters had trouble activating targets, which had been set heavier. Even some of the bigger calibers struggled on a few targets. I missed a few as I was mostly hitting low for far shots. Something not quite right with the rifle/dope. I think there was only one solid hit target that failed to activate for me.

After I got back, I did some work on the rifle to increase it to 250fpe. Now shooting the 106gr at 1030fps. I think that I can do better next year.

Last edited:
I used the new build at the 2022 EBR Big Bore match in Open class. I got 2nd, but my score of 75/150 could have been better. Boyd Linder got 1st shooting a Texan 457, with a great score of 115/150. There were more competitors in the Production class where the top three all shot 457 caliber with scores of 80/150, 75/150, and 70/75.

I had shot a .257 last year, but went to 7mm to meet the new 200fpe minimum. What surprised me was that even with the higher fpe requirment, a few competitors were shooting .257 caliber this year. Several shooters had trouble activating targets, which had been set heavier. Even some of the bigger calibers struggled on a few targets. I missed a few as I was mostly hitting low for far shots. Something not quite right with the rifle/dope. I think there was only one solid hit target that failed to activate for me.

After I got back, I did some work on the rifle to increase it to 250fpe. Now shooting the 106gr at 1030fps. I think that I can do better next year.
Scott has been a great addition to Team Centercut. He's humble and lets his shooting do the talking, but in addition to 2nd in Big Bore, he came in 8th out of 75 in the Steel Scramble. Great shooting Scott!!!

BF1BBB0A-8EA9-4C88-AED4-130AA1A44A8C.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't even need to ask you why you got 2nd because I knew something was wrong with your equipment somehow, or dope off, things like that, otherwise you and that Beast should have been on top.
Yes, I think my score could have been better, but not necessarily my placing. Boyd Linder shot an impressive 115 score (way better than anyone else) using a gun which I think the only mod it has is a drop in ball bearing trigger. That’s what qualified him for Open class.

The Steel Scramble was a long morning of shooting which preceded the Big Bore match. It was a tiring day for me.

And Boyd placed 6th out of 75 in the Steel Scramble. He’s a good shooter.

Forgive my ignorance, but what make and model is your gun?

Yes, I think my score could have been better, but not necessarily my placing. Boyd Linder shot an impressive 115 score (way better than anyone else) using a gun which I think the only mod it has is a drop in ball bearing trigger. That’s what qualified him for Open class.

The Steel Scramble was a long morning of shooting which preceded the Big Bore match. It was a tiring day for me.

And Boyd placed 6th out of 75 in the Steel Scramble. He’s a good shooter.

I know what you mean and we aren't getting any younger. I've been tired all summer and it showed in my shooting. I don't know, I think if fatigue and hitting low wasn't getting in the way.....

Reactions: Centercut
I know what you mean and we aren't getting any younger. I've been tired all summer and it showed in my shooting. I don't know, I think if fatigue and hitting low wasn't getting in the way.....
Missing low on the far targets was a bummer. But I like to think that hitting low on some of the mid shots might have helped a little, since a low shot had a better chance of activating the target. I purposely aimed lower on one target that did not activate sufficiently on the first hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: qball