My new Airacuda .25

What does the gauge on your pump say? When a gun has a vague gauge on it, always go off your fill source gauge. Usually even a cheap china pump has a gauge on it with precise measurements. Not saying it’s spot on accurate but its better than the gauge that comes on some guns.
ah ha! yes! I was wondering why my hatsan pump was at the 200 when I was at the 300 on the gun gauge.

When you get a chronograph, it’s like getting a pilot for an airplane. Right now you’re flying blind. When you see the velocity those 43’s you ordered really shoot, you won’t be shooting them.
yea I know your right. I just wanted a few extra fpe to blast matoes and melons with.
I am quite sure a 18-24 grain would hunker down any pests I run across and by all accounts it really is the velocity that matters.

If your gun will shoot the 26 grain Hades pellet in the neighborhood of 900fps accurately, it’s game over for any pests out to 50 yards or so. You’ll just have to do some hammer spring and fill/refill pressures testing over the chronograph. Then you’ll be good to go. You should be ordering JSB 25.39’s. Not slugs. You probably have a great pellet gun. And not even a ok slug gun.

What Vetmx said... those Hades are stacking in 22 and 25 for me and my Kral guns. Give me quarter size groups or smaller at 60 yards. Most every gun I have shoots them well. Also if you want heavy but not too heavy, get some H&N baracuda in the 25. They shoot better for me in my 25 Jumbo than the hades or 25.39/25.4 pellets. Now 22 is a different story...

Reactions: AirDevil
H&N baracuda in the 25
currently running these.I will pick up some Hades as well. and jsb's...oops JSB makes Hades:oops:

20230128_215615.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
AirDevil,
Recommend you SEARCH "Airacuda Updates" in the archives, might find helpful. AirArcher has the Airacuda in regulated (MAX) and non-regulated models and reports non-regulated is most accurate. Despite regulator and HS adjustments, my MAX .25 lacks consistent accuracy, regardless of ammo, next step is to pull the barrel and do the Nervoustrig recommended testing. If the DAR barrels are interchangeable, might be worth a switch, I hear they shoot great. WM

I thought you were talking 30gr slugs. Nothing wrong with that pellet. You might be able to stretch your distance out pretty far if your gun likes them.
Honestly it was my mistake. I did have some slugs in 30gr but there were only 20 or so, all gone now.
these H&N were in the mail today.
I also have some from an independent maker on the bay both pellets and slugs.
I'm just going to shoot just about any grain I can :devilish:

AirDevil,
Recommend you SEARCH "Airacuda Updates" in the archives, might find helpful. AirArcher has the Airacuda in regulated (MAX) and non-regulated models and reports non-regulated is most accurate. Despite regulator and HS adjustments, my MAX .25 lacks consistent accuracy, regardless of ammo, next step is to pull the barrel and do the Nervoustrig recommended testing. If the DAR barrels are interchangeable, might be worth a switch, I hear they shoot great. WM
Thank you for the Information.
I actually went with the non-regulated because of accuracy,build and ease of use. The regulated seemed like an added hassle of monitoring too many discrepancies at once.
Also I figure I'm just too green to be messing with them yet.
I hope the DAR works for you.

Thank you for the Information.
I actually went with the non-regulated because of accuracy,build and ease of use. The regulated seemed like an added hassle of monitoring too many discrepancies at once.
Also I figure I'm just too green to be messing with them yet.
I hope the DAR works for you.
I think you made a wise choice, as far as the Airacuda product line, in choosing non-regulated. I'm pretty sold on the regulated air gun concept, even own a PCP with two, but I'd never dismiss a non-regulated gun, both have merits. Best of Luck, WM

If you look above that transfer port knob you will see your max fill pressure is 3,000psi. Which is around 200b. If you are filling it to 300b, that’s 4,300psi, you might want to stop doing that. Very nice looking gun. You should also consider shooting some pellets. I’m sure the gun will be more impressive with them than slugs.
Slugs in my Airacuda .25 are a no go, pellets on the other hand are really good,

the actual gun gauge is off, better look at the pump gauge and yes it's a 200 BAR 3000 psi gun

Slugs in my Airacuda .25 are a no go, pellets on the other hand are really good,

the actual gun gauge is off, better look at the pump gauge and yes it's a 200 BAR 3000 psi gun
Yours is a standard non reg too right Archer?
I believe my hatsan pump is for up to 4500psi and maybe that is why it's off by 100.
if I understand correctly?

Yours is a standard non reg too right Archer?
I believe my hatsan pump is for up to 4500psi and maybe that is why it's off by 100.
if I understand correctly?
I have both the Standard and MAX in .25 and I much, much prefer the standard...btw your stock is very, very nice.

guns gauges are more prone to be off then pump gauges, I always go with the pump gauge.

How crazy to come full circle.
this:
is the first pcp I ever saw and really wanted at the time.
now I find out that the same folks involved have something to do with Airacuda?
I wonder if there is something like this style in .357?
I think I have the Airbug.
Gotta slow down and enjoy what I have for a bit😅

View attachment 327549

Xisco is the manufacturer of the Sentry, the DAR line as well as the JTS Airacuda line. This has been confirmed by Travis from JTS and Aim Sports for the DAR.

That is actually good news since the improvements made since the Sentry are fantastic!

How crazy to come full circle.
this:
is the first pcp I ever saw and really wanted at the time.
now I find out that the same folks involved have something to do with Airacuda?
I wonder if there is something like this style in .357?
I think I have the Airbug.
Gotta slow down and enjoy what I have for a bit😅

View attachment 327549
Here is a .357 you might like