My new Airacuda .25

Thanks to Firewalker, Airacuda Max .25 accuracy problem has been solved. Inside the shroud the air stripper and four baffles are snug to fit, however, prior to final manufacture (thread-lock) installation of shroud end cap, a 1/4 inch thick "washer," outer edge threaded to fit internal shroud threads, and two holes for tool insertion. is tightened down on air stripper/baffle stack, thus securing stack and barrel. Following Firewalker's suggestion to switch shroud around, I discovered this washer had never been tightened down, in fact was snug to bottom of end cap, well above baffle stack. After inserting two pins in washer holes, and tightening to baffle stack, gun now shoots hole in hole, both JSB 25.39 and 33.95 @ 50 yards. WM

AWESOME!

Now, pull the thread protector and adapter off the shroud and twist that shroud back off at least a full turn. Now, dont tighten the stack nut, just turn it until it snugs up then use the shroud tightening to put pressure on the baffle stack.

There are 2 wavy-washers that are made to be compressed flat, these ensure there is always pressure on the stack. You really can't do this with the stack nut, you need to tighten the shroud to compress the washers.

AWESOME!

Now, pull the thread protector and adapter off the shroud and twist that shroud back off at least a full turn. Now, dont tighten the stack nut, just turn it until it snugs up then use the shroud tightening to put pressure on the baffle stack.

There are 2 wavy-washers that are made to be compressed flat, these ensure there is always pressure on the stack. You really can't do this with the stack nut, you need to tighten the shroud to compress the washers.
Was thinking the same thing, I like the design, shroud could be on and off, snugging stack at each install. To share removal technique of thread-locked end cap with others; remove thread protector, install two nuts and tighten against each other. With wrench on inner nut gently heat shroud to loosen thread lock material, I used ball peen hammer to tap wrench till broke loose. Clean off thread lock material. Thanks for your help with this one, Firewalker, much appreciated, a real load off my mind. WM

Reactions: Firewalker
Firewalker,
Worked the scenario to tighten stack nut and baffles while seating shroud to base, got it right after three tries. Picture of 50-yard target, 5 shots, JSB 25.39. Amazing how a $410 paperweight changed to trusted "shooter" overnight. I'll admit, none of my guns ever made me work harder, or taught me more, than this one. Thank goodness for this forum and all the kind souls who dwell here. WM
IMG_20230205_155330.jpg